Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Set, Dark Lord of the Desert

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Set, Dark Lord of the Desert 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MoshiSquared » April 9, 2015 10:09am | Report
Hello everyone, I've played Smite for awhile, though I'm a bit newer to the forums, so I figured I might as well jump right in with a God idea. I've seen a few Set's on here, and all of them have been pretty cool (some more balanced than others) and different from my take.

Everyone seems to be going for either the Warrior or Mage aspect separately, so I decided to be like that little girl in the Old El Paso commercial and said 'Why not have both?', he wouldn't be the first Melee Mage in the game.

Being new to this whole thing, I haven't figured up all the numbers (The core stats proved to be a bit more difficult to figure up than I could manage), and the ones I have figured up may be way out of balance, but hey, that's what a healthy friendly community is for right?...right?

Set, Dark Lord of the Desert

Lore:

Set was always jealous of his brother. Even since their birth, and the dawn of the Egyptian civilization, his family always favored his brother, giving him the fertile Black Lands, along the Nile river where man could celebrate and praise their gods who watched over them. Set, on the other hand, was given the Red Lands; the harsh deserts where the sun scorched the earth, and where water was more precious than gems, a place where man dare not tread for fear of death by exposure.

The rift between brothers grew over time, and eventually Set's envy would drive him to action. Osiris was slain by Set's blades, and cut into pieces to be scattered across the desert. It was then that Set took his throne, becoming supreme ruler of man.

But Set's reign would not be eternal, for Osiris had a champion, a secret son and Set's nephew; Horus. Horus challenged Set for the throne, and the battle that ensued lasted for days, eventually ending in Set's defeat and submission to Horus. Broken and shamed, Set was banished to his desert once more, a prisoner in his own land. Now the gods wage war for the Heavens and the Earth, and Set's desire for power has only grown. He has waited long enough to take his place as king again, and now is the time to act once more, the Reign of Set is about to begin again.

--Abilities--
Passive: Avatar of Chaos:
Sets abilities generate stacks of Chaos. Whenever an enemy hits Set with a basic attack, there is a chance for all Chaos stacks to be removed, Fearing the enemy for 1 second. The chance for this ability to trigger is based on the number of Chaos stacks Set has. Killing an enemy god also generates a stack of Chaos, and dying removes all stacks.

Max Stacks: 10
Chance to Trigger: 5% Per Stack

1: Sweep Aside:
Set summons a wave of sand that travels from left to right around him. Enemies hit take damage, and are pushed along the waves path to the end. This ability also generates 2 stacks of Chaos.
Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+50% of your Magical Power)
Cooldown: 12/11/11/10/10 seconds

-Notes: This is technically an arc ability, with a range a little bit longer than Tyr's cleave ability. The actual arc that it covers is a little tricky to imagine, but I picture it as being a sort of off-skew hit box. Imagine having a 180 degree arc on it and then cutting off 20 degrees on the left side.

2: Desert Wake:
Set flies forward, dealing damage and leaving a trail of whirling sand and chaos energy in his wake. The effect lingers, damaging enemies traveling through it every .5 seconds. The trail also generates a stack of Chaos at every damage tick, as long as one enemy is damaged by it.

Damage: 100/120/140/160/180 (+45% Magical Power)
Area Damage: 10/20/30/40/50 (+10% Magical power)
Length of Ability: 3 seconds
Cooldown: 13 seconds

-Notes: This isn't a very long or fast dash, I don't have exact numbers for either, but 50 feet feels like a good number to me (that might be way off though). The width of the effect would be around 40 feet wide at most. Also, for possible clarification, it will only generate one stack even if there are multiple enemies in the area, the stack getting added is purely dependent on whether or not damage was dealt, not how much or how many people.

3: Chaos Blades:
Set summons a pair of Chaos Sickles, giving his basic attacks additional penetration and generating a stack of Chaos on each successful hit. If set uses his 1st or 2nd ability while the buff is active, the buff will be consumed, and the ability will deal additional damage. Otherwise, the buff lasts for six basic attacks or for 8 seconds.

Additional Penetration: 10/15/20/25/30
Sweep Aside Damage Buff: 40/50/60/70/80
Desert Wake Damage Buff: 40/45/50/55/60
Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9 seconds

Ultimate: Reign of Darkness:
Set rises into the air as he creates a prison of darkness in front of him. After a short channel, Set leaps into the middle, dealling damage in a smaller area and sealing the prison, preventing enemies from entering or exiting. Enemies within the area have their Power reduced and gain a visibility debuff.

Damage: 250/300/350/400/450 (+80% of your Magical Power)
Debuff Strength: 10%/10%/15%/15%/20%
Cooldown: 120/115/110/105/100 seconds

-Note: I hope this doesn't seem overpowered. It's a little bit of everything yeah, but considering the channel (2 seconds) and the fact that it always triggers right in front of you requires a bit more aim and consideration. The area it effects has a 30ft radius, and the area that he leaps to has a damage radius of 15ft.

And that's it, my first idea, feel free to critique it however you wish.

MoshiSquared

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CyanGuy » April 9, 2015 10:34am | Report
That sounds really cool. I've read and heard about Set, and it would be a great idea if he was implemented into Smite. He seems to be, from your descriptions, not to overpowered but not too underpowered. However, I would buff his Ultimate just a tad bit, just to give some more importance to Set's power.
Smite. Awesome game. 'Nuff said.

CyanGuy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MoshiSquared » April 9, 2015 6:46pm | Report
Thanks for the kind words, it's good to hear that he needs to be buffed as opposed to nerfed, that's easier direction to work from. When you say buff the ultimate how do you figure it should be buffed? I'm trying to be careful with it because it does a lot of things already.

MoshiSquared

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CyanGuy » April 10, 2015 2:05pm | Report
Just a little bit more damage should be fine.( For the ult).
Smite. Awesome game. 'Nuff said.

CyanGuy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MoshiSquared » April 11, 2015 8:15am | Report
Aight, I tweaked the damage on Reign of Darkness a bit. I also tweaked the cooldown for Chaos Sickle, as it was it was cooling off faster than it was wearing off lol.

MoshiSquared

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }