Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[S180] Vulcan Rework Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [S180] Vulcan Rework Idea 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Macawmagician » October 2, 2014 5:00pm | Report
I decided to do a remake on the god Vulcan because all he is just a burst mage, which there are a overabundance in Smite. I decided to make a complete rework to fit his role better as the smith of the gods.

I'm not going to change any of his stats or roles as he fits fine where he is, I only change the abilities and passive.
Passive: Scrap Collector:
Over time, Vulcan collects scrap from the battle. Vulcan can use the scrape to improve his abilities.
Scrap Capacity: 100
Scrap per Second: 1

1: Scrap Armor:
Vulcan throws metal scrap around the target, giving them protection and slowing them from the weight of the metal. Targets allies, enemies, and himself. Gives Vulcan scrap if applied on himself.
Curser: Same as Stone Shield
Protection: 12/14/16/18/20
Slow: 30%
Cooldown: 15seconds
Mana Cost: 50
Scrap Gain: 10
Duration: 3/4/5/6/7 seconds

Reason: When I was brainstorming ideas, I thought of a ability that can be useful for helping an ally or hurting the enemy. Lots of utility, but at the cost of being used improperly

2: Inferno Turret:
This turret is very similar to Vulcan's current Inferno Turret. The biggest difference however, is that you can multiple turrets where the total number of turrets is the amount of points you have in this skill. If enough scrap, Vulcan can upgrade an existing turret, enabling it to attack at all directions and having more health.
Damage: 45/55/65/75/85 (+30% magical power)
Health: 300
Upgraded Health: 600
Cooldown: 10seconds
Turret Max Count: 1/2/3/4/5
Scrap Cost: 35
Mana Cost: 65/70/75/80/85

Reason: Vulcan, to me, should focus around his creations. Having more than one turret would make people max this out early to get early lane dominance. This would make his turret(s) more of a threat.

3: Shield Turret:
Creates a Shield Turret that will create a shield that'll block enemy projectile attacks. Does not block player movement. Doesn't not block ultimates. Doesn't cleanse CC. Enemies can enter the the shield to deal damage damage inside the shield.
Duration: 3/4.5/6/7.5/9
Radius: Simular to Cataclysm
Cooldown: 18s
Mana Cost: 65/75/85/95/100

Reason: One of vulcan's turret issues is that his turret can be shot down from a long range abilities or gods attacking in the turret's blind spots. Also, this will stop gods with aoe killing a bunch of grouped up turrets. Thought that a projectile stopping shield would be cool.

4: Seeker Missile:
Vulcan becomes immobile and fires a missile. When the missile is fired, the player loses control of Vulcan and now controls the missile. When the missile explodes, the player has control of Vulcan again. Able to move left or right. Does not explode if it hits a wall. Will pass by creeps, dealing 25% of the damage Explodes if it hits an enemy god, lifespan is over, or manually explodes by left clicking. With enough scrap, the missile will create a knockup, the lifetime increases, and ignores player made walls ( Ring of Spears, Ice Wall, Tectonic Shift)
Damage: 400/450/500/550/600(+100% magical power)
Lifetime: 5/6/7/8/9
Cooldown: 90seconds
Mana Cost: here
Explosion Radius: Simular radius to Master Will
Speed: Fast as the tiger form in 72 transformation
Scrap Cost: 70
Bonus Lifetime: +3seconds

Reason: I want to keep the big scary missile ultimate because it's fun to shoot a missile. Only issue, it's not very creative. Here, it's a bit different than any other ability where you're controlling a projectile. If anyone remembers good old Star Wars Battlefront II, it is similar to Chewbacca's missile launcher. The control of the the missile is similar to Sun Wukong's 72 transformation, where you you the mouse to steer left or right. The missile doesn't go into the air so it is still affected by walls.

Well there you go, I'll tweak the numbers a bit if any of the abilities are to be extremely powerful. Thanks for reading.
I'm a magic bird!

Macawmagician

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » October 2, 2014 6:55pm | Report
Wait a sec. On scrap armor I'm confused. It says that he throws a scrap metal, giving them protections. If this applies to enemies, GG. This is worst god in the game. -F
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Macawmagician » October 3, 2014 8:52am | Report
Applying scrap armor also slows the target. Using scrap armor on the enemy is just to use as an excape to slow someone who is chasing you or to catch up to a fleeing enemy. I guess I didn't clarify enough.
I'm a magic bird!

Macawmagician

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » October 6, 2014 5:26pm | Report

Applying scrap armor also slows the target. Using scrap armor on the enemy is just to use as an excape to slow someone who is chasing you or to catch up to a fleeing enemy. I guess I didn't clarify enough.

Oh lol.
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 6, 2014 7:19pm | Report
So when applied to an enemy scrap armor just slows? I just want to clarify, it does not give enemies armor and mr? Also, if you look at league of legends Mordekaiser has a similar ability where he puts shrapnel on an ally but it also does damage over time to enemies around it. Just a thought, It might be interesting.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }