Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMSEP13]God idea: Hera, goddess of the hearth (can't believe there isn't a Hera idea already!)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMSEP13]God idea: Hera, goddess of the hearth (can't believe there isn't a Hera idea already!) 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sellardohr » September 3, 2013 6:14pm | Report
In all the stories of Greek mythology, Hera is one of the primary characters. She's kind of a loser, usually --- her husband, Zeus, cheats on her and she gets mega-jealous and tries to kill the people he sleeps with and punish his bastard children --- maybe that's why no one made an idea?

Appearance: I dunno. A proud, haughty, middle aged woman in a toga. Wields a staff with a flame at the end, with smaller flames circling it.

Role: Mage / Support

Passive: Jealousy

Hera gains a Magic Power buff equal to [10 x (the number of allied gods within LOS x the number of enemy gods within LOS of those allied gods)]. Capped at 50.

So, for example, if you're in a 2v2 lane and the gods are engaging, there would be 1 allied god nearby and 2 enemy gods. So 10 x (1 x 2) = 20 free magic power.

If you're getting ganked and it's 2v1, you'd gain 10 x (0 x 2) or 0 free magic power.

But in a massive teamfight with everyone piling up, you'd gain 10 x (4 x 5) or 200 free magic power, which would be capped at 50.

Ability 1: Hearthfire.

Targeted AoE. Hera drops a ball of fire from the heavens on the target location, doing moderate damage, and marking the area as a "hearth." Allied units in the hearth gain a small, scaling protections buff and enemy units, likewise, a small, scaling protections debuff.

Ability 2: Inner Flame

Player-based AoE, small-ish range. A burst of translucent fire radiates outward from Hera. Does a small amount of damage and stuns any enemies for .5/.8/1/1.3/1.5 seconds. Increases Hera's movement speed by 25% for a few seconds. Finally, if it strikes any enemy standing on a Hearth, their protections debuff from the Hearth is doubled and remains with them after they walk away from the hearth for a ~5 seconds.

This is her main escape, but as you can see, also has an offensive application. Choosing when and how to use it would be a skill-check.

Ability 3: Mother's Wrath

Cone, DoT. Hera gets really angry and issues a blast of flame from her staff for 3 seconds. Hera can move around during this time, but not perform any other actions. Enemies caught in the flame take high DoT, and allied units are healed a small amount. Hera herself is healed for a portion of any healing done to allies, but probably capped at 3 of them like Neith's 2.

Ultimate: Jealous Rage

Line, skillshot. Hera fires a beam from her staff. If it hits an enemy god, that god becomes the target of Hera's jealous rage and is profoundly weakened, slowing by 50%, having all damage output halved, taking a small DoT, and physically shrinking down to a small size. Meanwhile, Hera glares at the target, shouting verbal abuse, and floating nearby. The skill lasts 5 seconds; during this time, Hera must maintain LOS with the target and be within 25 feet or so, but Hera's movement speed and protections are buffed to aid with doing this. If the target gets away, the skill ends immediately. If the target becomes CC Immune during this time, the attack continues without any effect; once CC Immunity ends, the skill's effect resumes for any of the 5 second duration that remains.

Hope you enjoyed it!

Sellardohr

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sellardohr » September 3, 2013 6:19pm | Report
Oh, hey, sorry. I missed that the theme for September is ADC's. I only read the initial Razemage post, not the second one... my bad! (Can't edit the topic title, unfortunately.)

It's OK if I'm not in the contest, it was still fun writing the idea.

Sellardohr

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 3, 2013 6:28pm | Report
Remember, while Hera is the goddess of fertility and such, she's also the Goddess of Power. Keep that in mind!
All in all though, seems like a good setup. 1 reminds me of Isis's 3, the 2 is quite unique, as is the 3. The ult seems a tad overpowered though with how many things are affected, and how long.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » September 3, 2013 6:47pm | Report
I'm pretty sure Hera is the goddes of marriage and Hecate is the goddes of the hearth

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 3, 2013 6:55pm | Report
Guys... HESTIA IS THE GODDESS OF THE ****ING HEARTH! I needed that emphasis.

The passive is a bit confusing. I think you should give a passive similar to Isis. Maybe after every... something, she gets a stack and they are lost upon death.

For the first ability, maybe HESTIA can drop an actual Hearth, similar to Vulcan's turrets except not. Her other abilities can have extra effects if in the vicinity of the Hearth.

Her second sounds like the ability that'll be doing the most damage. Give it a lot of damage, and you should be adding damage values so we can see what you're thinking here.

3rd ability is good.

The Ultimate is overpowered. If you want to make it all CC, do so. But there's a lot going on here and it seems very hectic.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » September 3, 2013 7:24pm | Report
Hmmm, i think not much people read it, the god idea must be adc if you want to make it in the competition

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 3, 2013 7:25pm | Report
He did mention that in his second post. Be disturbed with me, sir. Be disturbed and consume a berry-swirl cheesecake with a red velvet brownie base with me. I made those once... I almost died from happiness.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sellardohr » September 3, 2013 9:01pm | Report
I envisioned the ult as being balanced out by

A) low damage from Hera herself
B) the ability to end it by breaking LOS / getting out of range (a simple leap or dash could easily break it)
C) Hera's inability to do anything else during it
D) the necessity of maintaining proximity to the enemy and his allies

The idea is that it would be almost useless in a 1v1, quite powerful in a 2v2 or 2v1 situation, but in a larger teamfight, would leave Hera fairly vulnerable in exchange for only shutting down a single enemy.

Does that really seem OP? It doesn't to me!

Also, sorry about the Hestia thing. I remember being taught once that since the hearth is kind of the centerpiece of the domestic environment, Hera was the goddess of it because of her being tied to all things domestic. Goddess of marriage sounds about right.

Sellardohr

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }