Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

raijin, lord of thunder

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » raijin, lord of thunder 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » December 7, 2014 6:34am | Report
i thought, since there have been a few Japanese gods recently, i would add my own contribution to the mix. so to make up for the time it took me to release my surtur idea after pestilence here is raijin Japanese god of lightning and storms.

pantheon: Japanese

lore:born from the the divine pair, Izanami and Izanagi, raijin was charged with the job of protecting the earth alongside his 7 fellow lightning gods, however raijin is the greatest of them creating thunder just by beating upon his drums and summoning lightning as if it was nothing.

however his attention has been drawn to the fighting of the gods upon his charge and has decided to show them all what happens to those that defile his most sacred prize.

passive: thunder drums
after 5 successful basic attacks raijin's thunder drums will reach a rhythm which causes raijin's next basic attack to hit with 2 strikes, 1 after the other, at basic damage and a 3rd strike,after the first 2 have been fired, which does 10% more damage than normal and in a small area.

thunderstruck
calling upon the soul of the lightning, raijin calls a bolt of lightning down on a target location causing mild damage to all nearby enemies in a very small area and stunning/rooting them for 1-.5 seconds.

shock and awe
playing a single bass note on his drum, raijin deals reasonable damage to all nearby enemies in an area around him while dealing knock back.

charged bolt
forming 4 of his lightning bolts into a spinning sphere of electricity, raijin fires it in a straight line ahead of him, dealing reasonable damage to all enemies in the line while stunning/rooting them for 1.5-2 seconds.

raging thunder
playing 4 deep notes on his drums (left drum,right drum,repeat), raijin calls down 4 bolts of lightning at the 4 corners of a target location dealing mild damage in a small area, then playing a final bass note (hits both drums at once) he calls down a final larger bolt in the center of the target location dealing heavy damage in a large area.

notes:design wise raiden would look similar to his original Shinto design (as seen here), looking like a dark red skinned oni but with light red samurai style arm guards. he would be cross legged on a storm cloud with his lightning bolts (as short metal rods)floating around him and he would have his thunder drums floating in front of him and he plays them with his bare hands. also when he attacks he fires his lightning bolts by pointing at the enemy with one hand and drumming one note with the other. the hands alternate with each attack from left to right and back to left.

necroshadow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » December 11, 2014 10:12am | Report
why do i feel nobody likes raijin or should i say raiden as he is known to us western audiences

necroshadow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » December 11, 2014 11:50am | Report
Oh hey, I didn't even see this one. I think his 1 should slow instead of stun, and his 2 should stun instead of knock-back, but other than that this would be great. I would kill for an oni to be in Smite, and what could be better than one who rocks so hard his drums shoot lightning?
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }