Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Prometheus, titan of fire

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Prometheus, titan of fire 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » November 15, 2014 6:49am | Report
pantheon: Greek

lore: as one of the few titans to side with Zeus in the titan war, Prometheus was allowed to remain on earth while the others titans were banished to tartarus. as a reward for his loyalty Prometheus and his brother epithemus, were granted the honor of creating the creatures of the earth for the gods to rule over. epithemus made many creatures at a rapid speed creating the animals of the earth while Prometheus took his time carefully creating one creature, out of clay, in the shape and likeness of Zeus. this creature was the first man but Prometheus didn't complete the man, failing to cover his creation with hair causing his creature to succumb to the cold. when Prometheus asked Zeus for fire to help his creatures survive, Zeus refused saying fire must be kept by the gods. felling pity for his creations, Prometheus proceeded to steal a coal from the Olympian fire, carrying it in the center of a reed to maintain its flame. when Zeus found out he chained Prometheus to a rock and cursed him so that every day at dawn a eagle will rip out his liver but each night it would regrow causing him never ending suffering.

however Prometheus is now free, having been released from captivity by Hercules who pitied his captivity and killed the eagle under orders from Zeus, for Zeus himself couldn't free Prometheus or else he would appear weak. now he is free, Prometheus understands Zeus's actions and now stands among the ranks of Olympus ready to fight for the future of his creations and all of Olympus.

passive: blood soaked clay
when Prometheus or any of his clay constructs kill an enemy, the clay constructs and Prometheus gain a short boost to their physical damage and protection.

construct soldier
molding them out of clay and breathing fire into their hearts, Prometheus summons 2 clay minions that last until their death. the minions become stronger as you level up and at level 3 you can summon a 5th more powerful minion if you already have 4 on active. maximum of 4 basic minions and 1 superior minion at a time.

Promethean flame
taking a pot of stored fire from his belt,Prometheus throws it at a target location causing an aofe effect that lasts for 5 seconds while dealing 5/10 damage a second (improves with levels). if any of your minions are within the area they gain a attack boost as long as they are in the area.

burning staff
swinging his staff in a wide arc, Prometheus deals moderate damage and high lingering damage (10/20 every second for 1.5/3 seconds) to all enemies hit.

gift of fire
releasing the energy of Olympian fire from the coal on the top of his staff, Prometheus grants increased attack damage and attack speed on all allies across the map for 3/5 seconds.

notes: this isn't the god i hinted in my Pandora idea but i thought i would get it in while it was fresh in my mind. Prometheus would look similar in ways to Zeus but with a short cut brown beard and hair, fiery red eyes and a staff in his right hand (with the coal he stole from Olympus on the tip) and a large pot of clay under his right arm, leaving his left arm free to pull bottles from his belt (his belt has a few ceramic pots on it) and to mold new minions. just getting the opinion of the people would you prefer if i did a Mayan/Aztec god or a Norse one next after the one i hinted before? please let me know.

updated

necroshadow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 15, 2014 7:07am | Report
A few things:

Logistically I don't understand how he can hold a staff and a large pot in the same hand. I would imagine that there wouldn't be enough room for that.

I would personally turn either Promethean Flame or Gift of Fire into an AoE buff for allies, to go more in line with his mythological figure as essentially a support.

I would personally like to see a Mayan god next, but I suppose I'm a tad biased on that front.

Great idea overall though, these keep getting better.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » November 15, 2014 8:41am | Report

A few things:

Logistically I don't understand how he can hold a staff and a large pot in the same hand. I would imagine that there wouldn't be enough room for that.

I would personally turn either Promethean Flame or Gift of Fire into an AoE buff for allies, to go more in line with his mythological figure as essentially a support.

I would personally like to see a Mayan god next, but I suppose I'm a tad biased on that front.

Great idea overall though, these keep getting better.

what i meant with the staff and pot is that he holds the staff but has the pot hung over his left shoulder with it under his right arm like how waist resting sword sheaths work. i might change gift of fire into a across map buff but i wanted to include at least one damaging fire based projectile/attack since he is the titan of fire but i do see your point. also on the next god front i have both ideas sort of floating half formed in my mind so it depends on people choice but either one is ready to emerge and i will give a hint for both. if its Mayan/Aztec your going to have some great fun with the Aztec pass time of choice and if its Norse well Ymir isn't the only king Odin has killed in his time.

necroshadow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 15, 2014 9:23am | Report
Oh, that makes a lot of sense. I though you had meant that he was literally also carrying it like those people who bring in too many grocery bags at once and he was just kinda barely balancing it with his elbow or something.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » November 15, 2014 9:30am | Report
no but that would be hilarious to see.

necroshadow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmilingPie » November 18, 2014 3:03pm | Report
It would of been awesome if the gift of fire gave all minions flaming weapons! I think he should tuck the pot on his back and quickly swoops the pot off his back to cast his spells?

SmilingPie

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » November 18, 2014 5:57pm | Report
imo his passive should be that your team spawns elite minions as long as he's alive, but cool concept either way.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » November 19, 2014 8:28am | Report
SmilingPie wrote:

It would of been awesome if the gift of fire gave all minions flaming weapons! I think he should tuck the pot on his back and quickly swoops the pot off his back to cast his spells?

i actually got the pot idea from a design i saw in a video game (pic below) and i was trying to think of a god of death that used a pot but then i thought Prometheus uses clay why not give him a large pot to store it so that's why i thought of giving it to him but i then thought of giving him the staff, which in my mind is made of the reed he carried the original coal in, and since he only has two hands and in my mind the animation for construct soldier is him taking a handful of clay and sculpting it with one hand (as he is so skilled) i had to have it with him carrying it under his arm.

necroshadow

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }