Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

pestilence, rider of disease

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » pestilence, rider of disease 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » November 28, 2014 9:11am | Report
pantheon: Christianity

lore:when the final seal is broken, demons and angels shall fight over earth. on that day the judgement and doom of man shall come and the riders of the end times shall come forth to destroy all in their way. war, death and strife shall all have their roles but pestilence is the one that shall cause suffering and misery to all mortals, for as long as their is life there will be plague.

passive:putrid consumption
once every 5th basic attack, a nearby ally with a status debuff will be cured of his ailment and grant pestilence a boost to both his attack and physical protection. if there is more than one affected ally nearby one will be chosen at random, with gods taking precedence over minions.

plagued strike
pulling a rusted long sword from his back, pestilence slices in a wide arc dealing mild damage and grants a speed debuff on any hostiles hit.

diseased breath
breathing a cloud of diseased air,pestilence hits all enemies in cone in front of him dealing mild damage (3-6) per second and a speed debuff for 3-4 seconds.

ravenous swarm
dissolving into a swarm of insects, pestilence gains an increased movement speed for 2-5 seconds. in this form he cannot be hit with melee weapons but can be hit be aofe or abilitys and he cannot attack. you can use the ability while it is active for pestilence to burst out of the swarm causing reasonable damage to all enemies in a small area around him while knocking them back slightly. if you dont use the ability a second time while it is active pestilence will just emerge out of the swarm after the time has finished.

final plague
summoning forth a tide of plague and diseased vermin and insects to ride on, pestilence gains a large damage increase and his attacks damage enemies in a wide arc ahead of him for 3-6 seconds.

notes: this i feel has been my most original idea since pestilence isn't talked about much in typical mythology and he isn't talked about much in the religion he originated from so most of the ideas i had to think of without background materials or resources but yeah.

design wise i can imagine pestilence in old rusted Armour, in the style of a knight most likely with an opening visor (so it can open while he breathes out the gas for diseased land). he would have swords and maybe a spear embedded in his back (one of the sword he pulls out for plagued blade) and he would wield 2 axes in basic combat. in his final plague form however i can see him either riding or being inside a giant bulky creature composed of plague and vermin, where every step leaves a small patch of the earth looking like tainted land and its arms swiping at the enemies.

game play wise he has a wealth of slowing effects since as a character he is quite slow the only time he is actually reasonably fast is while he is his ravenous swarm form, the whole idea of which is to get him in close and into the center of combat to either fight like there is no tomorrow or to scatter the enemy, either to aid a besieged team mate or to give your reinforcements a smaller force to fight.

so here is the hint for the next god idea "when ice grows from the north, the earth shall growl with caged fire and the champions of hellish flame shall rise to fight, for Ymir isn't the only champion Odin killed during his glory days". (Norse)

updated

necroshadow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 28, 2014 9:46am | Report
Pestilence isn't referred to much because he's actually the reimagined (or possibly misinterpreted) form of the prior horsemen in his place, Conquest. Conquest eventually became Pestilence because his weapon of choice was a bow, a weapon that at that time was more likely to kill from an infected wound rather than from the impact itself.

Origin aside this is pretty well done as usual, but I would change two things. First I think his swarm should be damaged by AoE and abilities rather than AoE and ranged attacks (it doesn't make any more sense for an arrow to hit a locust than a sword), and I think his breath ability should be more of a poisonous version of Ares's fire or a DoT version of Zhong's shout. As is it sounds like a clone of Anubis's Grasping Hands.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » November 28, 2014 10:44am | Report

Pestilence isn't referred to much because he's actually the reimagined (or possibly misinterpreted) form of the prior horsemen in his place, Conquest. Conquest eventually became Pestilence because his weapon of choice was a bow, a weapon that at that time was more likely to kill from an infected wound rather than from the impact itself.

Origin aside this is pretty well done as usual, but I would change two things. First I think his swarm should be damaged by AoE and abilities rather than AoE and ranged attacks (it doesn't make any more sense for an arrow to hit a locust than a sword), and I think his breath ability should be more of a poisonous version of Ares's fire or a DoT version of Zhong's shout. As is it sounds like a clone of Anubis's Grasping Hands.

thanks for the advice i will go and alter some of it but the swarm is quite different to how i originally imagined it. originally i thought i would have it do damage per second while you touch it (hence devouring) but i thought that could be a bit much since you cant take damage back but the name stuck. on the tainted land side i will alter that since just having it as a breath attack would work well for the character.

necroshadow

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }