Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Pele, the Hawaiian Volcano Goddess (Mage)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Pele, the Hawaiian Volcano Goddess (Mage) 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » January 11, 2014 2:35pm | Report
I always thought Hawaiian gods and goddesses were cool, and some deserve to hit the battlegrounds in Smite. So here's my first idea for one. Pele was the goddess of more than just volcanoes,(lightning, fire and wind to be exact) but Apollo is the god of more than just music. So I figured I'd narrow it down to just one element, so her powers don't overlap with any other gods. Here goes-
Pros-
    Strong AOE damage
    High Sustain
    % Health Damage
    No Mana Pool
Cons -
    Low Mobility
    High Skill Cap
    Low Burst for a Mage
Passive - Magma Chamber Pele draws upon her own inner flame, utilizing her own health pool to cast abilities, meaning she has no mana. Any mana granting items grant Pele health on a 100 mana for 20 health basis. After using an ability, her next basic attack or ability will return 2%/3%/4% of her maximum health based upon level.
Ability 1 - Kilauea's Might (Line, 6/6/5/4/3 second cooldown, 4% of maximum health)
Pele instantly scorches target area in front of her in a line. Stopping on the first enemy god hit, dealing minimal upfront damage (80/100/110/140/150 +50% of magical power) but lingering on to deal damage equal to (6%, adds an extra 1% for every 200 magic power you have.) of the target's maximum health over 6/5/4/3/3 seconds (maximum 120/200/215/230/245 against minions and monsters). If the target is hit by any of Pele's other abilities during the burnout, the DoT effect is ended and the remaining damage is dealt all at once.
Ability 2 - Volanic Rejuvenation (Area, 10/9/9/8/ second cooldown, 4% of maximum health)
Passively grants Pele Magical Lifesteal (5/10/15/20/25%) per skill level
Can be activated to implode Pele's body, throwing nearby enemies away from Pele and dealing (70/80/90/100/120 +50% of Magical Power). The enemies are then crippled for one second.
Ability 3 - Eternal Flame (Area, 15/14/13/12/11 second cooldown, 5% of maximum health)
Pele conjures a crater at target location (about the size of Neith's Unravel) that when stood upon, slows enemies for (10/15/20/25/30%) and causes them to take 5/10/15/20/25% more damage from all of Pele's abilities. The ability can be cast again during it's 10 second lifetime, to deal damage (175/200/230/250/275 +60% of Magical Power) in an area slightly larger than the crater.
Ultimate - Scorching Love (Self Cast, 60/50/40/40/40 second cooldown, No Cost)
Pele's longing for a true lover enrages her, doubling her Magical Lifesteal, granting her 25/35/45/50/55% more movespeed, an additional 5/10/15/15/15% more magical power, and causes all of her abilities to have additional effects (duration 10/11/12/13/14 seconds). Kilauea's Might will spread to all nearby gods, Volcanic Rejuvenation will also reduce Physical Protection for the same amount and heal Pele for a likewise amount, Eternal Flame will stun all enemies hit upon arrival, and also on recast, for 1/1.5/2/2/2.5 seconds.

I designed her abilities to be an area control mage with an emphasis on dismantling enemy teams during extended engagements. Pele's health casting method encourages players to use her abilties with precision and intent, but also granting her long lasting lane sustain in any solo lane. Her ultimate, Scorching Love, makes her a true potent force in any skirmish, and grants her versatility for any situation. As a result of Pele's lack of direct, upfront damage, her kit revolves around enhancing her first ability, Kilauea's Might. This % Health damage nuke serves as great early game harass and wave clear. Volcanic Rejuvenation allows Pele to sustain extremely well in combination with her passive Magma Chamber. Eternal Flame serves as Pele's primary teamfight impact tool. The flat damage increase when applied to Kilauea's Might allows her to spike down a single target, without regard for their maximum health. An ideal combo as Pele would be to approach a teamfight and activate Scorching Love for the massive steroid to her damage. Activating Volcanic Rejuvenation with hopes of hitting their most protected enemies then following up with Eternal Flame, then hitting everyone with Kilauea's Might once as many of them are stunned. Re-activating Eternal Flame to stun them once all enemies have been afflicted with Kilauea's Might and instantly deal a massive amount of their maximum health all at once. I hope this summary has helped for you all to realize how I'd imagine Pele would be played - Good luck on the Battlegrounds!
Any feedback is much appreciated
- Sloogz
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » January 17, 2014 9:09am | Report
Any feedback?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » January 17, 2014 11:55am | Report
I'm so sorry, nobody noticed your hardwork. Limme read and I'll put some feedback.

Edit: Ok, so this god is very interesting and I always wanted a god who purely used health. She seems in the solo lane maybe? But I don't know, to me what would be a core on her is poly for the stats(life steal) and passive. Overall very fun looking god. I can't think of changes I'm not really a god idea person.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » January 17, 2014 5:51pm | Report
Awesome. Thanks so much for the feedback. I was thinking Polynomicon as soon as I designed her passive. The only thing I'm worried about is her versatility. I hope she doesn't become a "one-of-everything" plagued goddesses. Anyone else?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » January 21, 2014 4:07am | Report
Interesting idea but I see a few problems.One Magic power is not really necessary for this god because only one ability actually takes advantage of it. Two building this god like a tank would make this god stronger than building her like a mage, especially since stacking health and cooldown will allow her to attack more. Since the attacks like 1 and 3 do not use magical power(tanking)run in like ares and dwindle their health to death while you regenerate health in the middle of the fight. Hit ult for 1 and 3 to become stronger in battle.just use 2 to steal health in the middle of a fight. The problem here is that if i remove this nothing about your god really changes(an additional 5/10/15/15/15% more magical power) because it is not needed. attacks have flat damage. Life steal works with abilities so build pure tank like Ymir and you end up with the strongest gods in the game. does lots of damage takes little damage basically op. I had the same problem when I built my god but instead of health i used protections. that's just my 2 cents not worth much.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }