Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Morpheus-The Greek God Of Dreams

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Morpheus-The Greek God Of Dreams 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AceOfAssasin » April 13, 2013 10:05am | Report
Hello everyone. Before I get started I just want to say that this post: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/god-item-ideas/morpheus-god-of-dreams-553, is the post that inspired me to create and come up with Morpheus. Thanks to that post I came up with all 3 Passives, the "Deja Vu" move, and the Transformation ultimate. Now that you know that I'm not taking credit for everything let's get started. I came up with 3 possible passives, 4 abilities, and 3 ultimates. I'm going to post all of them and you guys can tell me which one you like the best.

Passives:

Good Dream: All ally gods within fouty feet of Morpheus get a 10% attack and movement speed buff. (What is buffed and for how much can be changed.)
Bad Dream: All enemy gods within fourty feet of Morpheus get a 10% attack and movement speed debuff. (Again what is debuffed and for how much can be changed.)
Illusion: When Morpheus goes to gank or is behind an enemy god, his minimap icon will change and randomly become an enemy god. However, when an enemy god is injured or Morpheus is seen, his icon changes back to normal. (Let's say an enemy team consists of an Artemis, Apollo, Ymir, Anubis, and Guan Yu. Morpheus goes to gank Apollo. When he enters the lane behind Apollo, his icon on the minimap will change randomly and become one of them, so he looks like an ally to the enemy team. So the entire enemy team will see two of one of their allies on the map. Plus, when Morpheus is disguised his icon is green. But, his icon doesn't change for his team, so they know where he is.)

Abilities:

Ability 1: Lucid Dream- A ground target location is selected and any single enemy god that is targeted and affected receives 5/10/15/20/25% of the last three attacks they performed. (The circle is as big as Loki's "Assassinate". Let's say an enemy Guan Yu is affected. His last three attacks were basic attack, basic attack, and heal. (His 1.) He will take a certain percentage of damage of those attacks. This move also only affects a single enemy god. If more this one is affected, one of them will be randomly chosen and affected.)
Ability 2: Deja Vu- Morpheus switches lanes. OR Morpheus teleports 10/20/25/30/35 feet. (If the switch lanes is chosen, upgrading would reduce time needed to switch lanes. I was thinking 5/4.5/4/3.5/3 seconds. Also when you activate it, you will be able to choose which lane to switch to, it's not random.)
Ability 3: Sleep Paralysis- At a ground target location, a single enemy god is affected. The god is immobilized for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 and takes 50/60/70/80/90/100 damage every .5 seconds. (Upgrading increases immobilization and damage taken. If you think the damage is too little, the god is still immobilized for a lot of time, other abilities could be used to damage him. Again, only a single enemy god is affected.)
Ability 4: Sleep Deprivation- In a cone in Front of Morpheus, enemies are silenced for 1/1.5/2/2.25/2.5 seconds.

Ultimates:

Ultimate 1: Transformation- Morpheus will transform and randomly became one of the enemy gods for 4/6/8/10/12 seconds. While disguised, your basic attack becomes the basic attack of the god you are transformed as. Your abilities are still Morpheus, though. Using an ability or damaging an enemy god will cancel "Transformation" and the ability will be used. If "Transformation" is used before "Illusion", your icon on the minimap will be the god you are transformed as and vice versa. However, if you are within 30 feet as the god you are transformed as, you cannot damage them. (If your transformed as Artemis, you cannot harm the enemy Artemis while you are within 30 feet of her. Any other enemy god that is within this range, also cannot be harmed. While under the affects of "Transformation" or "Illusion", half of Morpheus icon on the onimap will be the god he is disguised as so his teams knows who he currently is.)
Ultimate 2: Nightmare- Morpheus calls upon his brother for aid and throws a nightmare in a line in front of him. The nightmare does damage to minions as it passes through them and explodes on contact with an enemy god doing 300/400/450/600/775 damage to him and dealing splash damage to other gods for 65% damage. The initial god hit is also feared for 3 seconds. If no god is hit, the nightmare will explode after 5 seconds and all enemies hit will take 45% damage instead of 65%.(I was thinking the animation should be about a second long.)
Ultimate 3: Hallucination- Morpheus summons 3 clones of himself in a triangle in front of him.(It will look like a diamond with a Morpheus at each angle.) These clones will copy your movements exactly. The clones move and attack as fast as you. They do 75% of your total damage to minions and 65% of your total damage to enemy gods. When Morpheus summons these clones, he will switch placed with one of them, so he is not in the same location he was when he summoned them. The clones are destroyed by any single enemy god ability except ones that are strictly CC and cause no damage. ( The clones are only destroyed by damaging abilities. Abilities like Anubis' "Mummify" wont't destroy them.) Upgrading the ability will increase the time the clones are summoned. 6/10/12/13/15 seconds. If the actual Morpheus is damaged, they enemy team will not know, as all clones have a health bar and it doesn't look like it depletes until the actual Morpheus is the last one standing.(Morpheus can tell he is taking damage as his health bar will drop, but to the enemies, it doesn't.) Creeps will also not attack any of the clones, as they don't know which one is which. However, towers, Phoenix's, and the Minotaur will destroy clones in a single hit. Only one clone can be destroyed at a time, so if multiple clones are hit by an ability, one of them will randomly die while the other two will remain standing. If there are any clones that remain standing, they will explode when the duration of the ability ends and deal 125% of your damage to all enemy gods affected.

Morpheus would be a mage.

Thank you all for reading. I would appreciate any feedback you guys can give. Thanks again and good Smite-ing.

AceOfAssasin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » May 11, 2013 7:56am | Report
For hallucination, would the clones be destroyed by basic attacks?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » May 11, 2013 8:08am | Report
The problem is that if all of the teams are grouping up the illusion and transformation will be useless and they are also useless in joust

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AceOfAssasin » May 11, 2013 8:14am | Report
No, but any hit from any ability except ones that are strictly CC will destroy the clones.

Raze, yeah I figured that so, that is why I came up with per stuff that could be used instead.

AceOfAssasin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » May 11, 2013 8:29am | Report
And how would illusion activate? How would the game know your ganking?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AceOfAssasin » May 11, 2013 4:13pm | Report
That would have to be a new mechanic they need to implement. I was thinking if you we're out if combat for a certain amou god time, and then enters the jungle, when you reappear, you would be randomly disguised as an enemy god.

AceOfAssasin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » May 11, 2013 6:53pm | Report
or it could be a character power, which would have to be added in, it would be keybind 5 and you activate it and something happens, in this case Illusion. Though other gods would have to get new powers, though Hel could just get a new ult, and move the change stances to her ability.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AceOfAssasin » May 11, 2013 7:29pm | Report
That could work, but I don't think they would add a 5th keybind just for this one god and then add a fifth power for every other god.

AceOfAssasin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » May 11, 2013 10:20pm | Report
Yeah...

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Icelus » May 26, 2013 9:51am | Report
I like it, good job. I hope we get him, Morpheus would definitely keep enemy gods more on their toes! I see it going a various combination of abilities and passives and ults. Like :)

Icelus

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }