Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mercury rebuild

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Mercury rebuild 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MythOfMercury » January 9, 2014 6:50pm | Report
As you can tell by my name Mercury is one of my favorite gods. Its why I don't like coming on here to complain about the current set up. I don't like looking like a whiny noob. But here it goes. I have long since quit playing Mercury because he wasn't any fun. Ive been playing Tyr or Vulcan for a while now and have come back to complain about a god I used to play. My problem with him now is that I hate having him on my team.

So far the only viable role Ive seen Mercury covering is killing runners. This is so situational that his purpose for most of the game is to stand around hitting minions and wait. Mercury has instead become a huge liability for teams because most players have learned that his best role is to kill steal.

Don't get me wrong Im okay with people taking my kills as long as the feeding goes to a good source. Puff the magic dragon (Ao Kuang) takes kills and its great. He clears minions and that tornado does great damage. Mercury however does little damage for most of the game and my kills going to him only benefit at the end of the game. Hes a late game fighter. Problem is that does nothing for us if the start of the game goes horribly. This makes him a drain. I have to ask player who pick him to please pick someone else. Or onetwo hit easy-kill Mercury here is going to feed the enemy team. A noob with a Merc is feeding at its greatest. He has the fighting style of a bruiser, but the health of an assassin. Great combo(sarcasm). If the enemy realizes they are being attacked by a paper target they can just turn and kill him before he can serve his only purpose. Id say Mercury is a jungler, but so many other gods are far better at it, Tyr for example.

Im not asking for a buff. Im not asking for more health or more attack damage. I think Mercury should stay Mercury. Im just thinking his current set up does not reflect who Mercury is, and doesn't benefit the team.
My idea is to actually lower his health and swap two of his attacks. Swap Special delivery and Sonic Boom. Make Special Delivery his Ultimate and make Sonic Boom his third attack.

Sonic Boom
Minion Damage- 20/50/80/110/140
God Damage- 25/50/75/100/125
Cool down- 10/10/9/9/8
The attack makes Mercury act as a ranged attacker rather then a bruiser. He can deal damage but doesn't put himself at incredible risk.

Special Delivery
Ultimate:
The attack charges like the Sonic Boom. When Mercury hits an enemy god, he grab and spins them. All enemies nearby are stunned when hit by the spinning opponent. The opponent is thrown and stunned.
Damage: 200/275/350/425/500
Stun: 2/2/3/3/5

Opinions?

MythOfMercury

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » January 10, 2014 3:36am | Report
I didn't really get your perspective on mercury.
And I didn't understand your new sonic boom.
Oh, and no one should have a 5 second stun. I mean, Chang'e ult isn't that effective and easy to hit up to 5 second stun.

Nevertheless, mercury is overpowered. His mobility provides too much utility, his Sonic Boom is way too powerful and the range on it is too strong and special delivery is just... stupid, IMO. I don't mean for them to nerf the **** our of him but, currently, he is the most imbalanced god, more than Zeus and Chaac

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MythOfMercury » January 10, 2014 2:35pm | Report
I strongly disagree. They already nerfed him just recently. He was difficult to have before, now his sonic boom has a delay, making it worthless. Everything he does is situational. You can only use him when someone is standing off by themselves. And even then most gods can kill him in a few good hints. Id complain about Loki too.. actually yea I hate having him on my team too. Both characters need to be altered.

MythOfMercury

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 10, 2014 6:28pm | Report
And yet, oddly enough, Loki is still Lassiz's favorite and best god, and Drybear considers Loki the best assassin.

Just have to learn to use the playstyle well.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DroboBrandegee » February 12, 2014 8:37am | Report
I love Loki and Mercury, they are not that hard to get used to once you actually just sit down and focus on learning how to play them.

DroboBrandegee

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }