Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Medusa, Gorgon of Snakes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Medusa, Gorgon of Snakes 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » November 18, 2013 8:06am | Report
I know, she isn't exactly a 'god', but so is Hercules, Bakasura and Arachne.

Medusa

Gorgon of Snakes
Pantheon: Greek
Role: Mage, melee
Pros: High Crowd Control, Pusher
Cons: Low Defense and Damage

Passive:Face the Trauma
(not sure about the name though)
All enemies facing Medusa are in a 120 degree angle for 50 feet are traumatized and will have a hard time to rehabilitate and have their healing and health regeneration reduced by 50%.

1: Strangle
Ability: Melee Target
Medusa jumps at a close enemy, wrapping herself around their head and strangling them, causing 10/20/30/40/50 (+15% of your Magical Power) damage every .5 seconds for 2 seconds and crippling them. Medusa is immune to damage from the enemy she Strangles.
Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 Mana
Cooldown: 14 Seconds.

2: Snake Bite
Ability: Line x3
Medusa throws 3 snakes in 3 different lines, causing 20/30/40/50/60 (+20% of your Magical Power) damage per snake and slwoing them by 5/10/15/20/25% for 1 second. If enemy minions are hit, they will function as friendly minions for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds instead of being slowed, attacking enemy minions but not enemy gods. (The crowd control of the snakes does not stack if more than one of them hits the same enemy, only the damage does.) In addition, for every snake that hits an enemy god, the cooldown on the ability is reduced by 1 second.
Cooldown: 15 seconds.
Cost: 50/60/70/80/100 Mana.

3: Shed
Ability: Self
Medusa sheds off her skin, empowering herself, increasing her magical power by 10/15/25/40/60 and her protections by 10/15/20/25/30. Her Movement speed is also increased by 2/4/6/8/10%.
Cooldown: 15 seconds.
Cost: 85 Mana.

Duration: 3/4/5/6/7 Seconds.

Ultimate: Petrify
Ability: Cone
Medusa activates her Petrifying snake look, turning to stone and stunnig all enenmies exchanging eye contact with her for 1 second, causing 100/140/180/220/260 (30% of your Magical Power) damage. Petrified enemies take 3/6/9/12/15% additional damage from Medusa for 5 seconds. In addition enemies within her Passive's range have their healing reduced by 100% for the duration of the ultimate.
Enemies cannot be Petrified twice (by the same Ult, of course).
Duration: 5 seconds.
Cooldown: 70 Seconds.
Cost: 100/120/140/160/180 Mana.

Range: I'm not sure how much is a feet/unit in smite, but I do feel like the range should scale.

I'm really not sure about the names, or the skills (especially the steroids) so if you have any idea, just comment. There is no need to rage 'OP OP! or UNDERPOWERED! just, feedback, please. This is why the comments and the forums are for, to share ideas.
Thanks.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » November 19, 2013 1:37am | Report
For the ultimate: Petrify is the right word.

But that ultimate though, is a three utility, burst nuke damage in one skill. Very unbalanced.
I guess you could use the idea that the people stunned are the people facing her in the 120 degree angle and make the paralyze skill a taunt instead of a fear. I don't know but there is a lot going on in the ult than one skill should have.

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » November 19, 2013 7:49am | Report
Noted and updated. Thanks.
Changed the Passive's name and her 3: Venom (steroids) was changed as well as her 1: from Look of Terror to Strangle. Ultimate has been changed slightly as well.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TechnoHephaestus » November 21, 2013 10:36pm | Report
Id like to add that I love the idea! I was going to post a Medusa idea, so you beat me to it. Id like to suggest though that she have a slow movement speed to balance out her passive stoning ability. Medusa has a bow as well so you could give her a ranged attack at the edge of her petrification.

TechnoHephaestus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » November 22, 2013 1:08am | Report
First up, thank you, it really does make me happy when I see these comments.
I didn't get to stats like bast health and movement speed because that's not the main idea, but sure, I never wanted her to be Mercury.
Thanks.

My Guides

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }