Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lycaon (King of the Werewolves)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Lycaon (King of the Werewolves) 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MythOfMercury » January 22, 2014 9:32pm | Report
Inspired by Arachne, I'm throwing this Greek myth out there as a gameplay idea.
Lycaon

Lore: Lycaon, King of Arkadia, was a harsh tyrant. Zeus heard of his tyranny and came to meet Lycaon himself. In his ignorance, he doubted Zeus's power and tried to trick the god of the sky into eating human flesh, thus proving him not truly a god. Zeus however was a god and knew of Lycaon's treachery as soon as the plate of human flesh was placed in front of him.

Furious that a mortal would challenge his might, Zeus brought down lightning from the sky and struck dead most of Lycaon's fifty children. Lycaon himself Zeus turned into the very first werewolf. For trying to trick a god into eating human flesh, Lycaon was now cursed to eat the same until the end of time.

That time has finally come. Gods are fighting and Lycaon sees a grant opportunity unfolding. Should he challenge the gods once more, they very well may lift his curse and put him to death once and for all. Or he may just spread his illness and become the new god of this world.
Such is the ego of a man that would dare challenge god.
(Not exactly a god, but heck how many of these gods really are)

Role: Jungler, tank, Minion Commander

Passive: King of the Wolves
Werewolves near Lycaon are healed over time and receive a 20% physical penetration buff. Fenrir is also the target of this effect.

Abilities
  • 1) Bitten: Lunges forward and bites his target. Receives health if the victim is a god/player. Minions and jungle monsters turn into werewolves; making them friendly minions for Lycaon. The werewolves then head out like regular minions. They are slow and deal close range damage only. Higher difficulty jungle monsters cannot be turned. Minions that are killed by werewolves are replaced by a werewolf.
    Cooldown: 3sec
    Maximum number of werewolves that can spawn at a time are determined by the level of this ability.
    1.(5) 2.(8) 3.(11) 4.(14) 5.(17)
    Additional werewolves cause older werewolves to die instantly.
  • 2) Call of the Wild: Lycaon summons three werewolves at range to attack a target. The Werewolves remain active.
    Cooldown: 30sec
  • 3) Your King Commands You: All werwolves in play gain a dramatic speed and damage buff.
    Cooldown: 30sec
  • 4) Like a Plague: The number of werewolves allowed is lifted for 20sec. All werewolves created during this time can remain active once the effect wares off but the limit returns once enough werewolves have been killed.
    Cooldown: 90sec

God Review:
Lycaon is defined by his pack. As Lycaon your goal is to create as many werewolves as possible. In Conquest, Lycaon can become invaluable by relieving stress on his teammates with his ability to push multiple lanes while jungling. While werewolves are not intimidating to the gods on their own, they are very threatening in numbers. But just like his wolves, Lycaon is advised to avoid direct confrontation against multiple gods as he has no power attacks.

Werewolves: They are a virus. If you are fighting a Lycaon then the best thing for you to do is focus on those wolves and kill Lycaon once his swarm has been taken care of. A proper mage will likely be necessary to minion clear. The werewolves are strong enough to kill any minion in one on one combat, but Lycaon is slow to convert minions.
Any Lycaon ignored can easily build an army of werewolves and flood an enemy lane.

MythOfMercury

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CrystalStorm » January 23, 2014 2:13am | Report
How much damage would they be doing.
How many of them could be at one time.
Can auras effect the werewolfs.

He really needs some sustain like Elise's spiderlings because he would get blasted in the early game .
My favourite god are Aphrodite and Chang´e.My favourite Lol champions are Lux and Nami.My favourite Dawngate shaper is Amarynth.My favourite Dota 2 hero is Crystal Maiden.Yes i love Mobas

My Smite is IcepriestSK.
My LoL is CrystalStorm257.
My Dawngate is CrystalStormSK.

CrystalStorm

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 23, 2014 2:23am | Report
I like gods that are situational - it makes for interesting fights.

Here comes to feedback-train:
Choo Choo!
He only has 1 personal attack - and he's a mage so his AA are weak.
This means he's reliant on minions/wolves. You also need to say how much health his wolves will have. If it's too little, he won't have anything in mid-late game. If it's too much, he would be overpowered early game.

Early game his push is too much, he can effectively muster 14+ wolves and push a tower like cray-cray. <- But you can't make hsi wolves too weak either, or you'll have a useless god in late game.

I think you are playing too much around the Wolves, it makes him too reliant and you will have a headache over balancing him so that he works both early and late game.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » January 23, 2014 3:16am | Report
If you scale the wolf damage you can determine his early/mid/late game potential.

Plus I would set a cap of Wolves per Abilitie level or your own level. The spread desease theory makes him a dangerous splitpusher lategame.

I kind of like the idea of a minion based god, but while he`s dangerous with many minions, he is nearly useless without minions.

Maybe scale the wolves with attributes of himself like Vulcans turrets?

I like the idea and I`m on a minion based god right now, but without scaling it is hard to tell if he is useless or OP (or balanced ofc)

But a nice idea!

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MythOfMercury » January 23, 2014 1:18pm | Report
Yes that's what I was going for! I wanted to get some opinions on the idea first though before I start coming up with the numbers. Numbers are changeable and something that would come later. This is just the basic idea.
And yes he is very situational. In a one on one battle like joust he would get destroyed. If you have allies though then he can be freed up to make those wolves.

I was thinking that he would have a wolf spawn limit of three for his "call of the wild" ability, but a very high near limitless number of wolves possible in a match. That way the virus can truly act like a virus.

His werewolves are slightly better then regular minions but they are slow and a lane left alone might be able to hold them off at the tower. The wolves could likely get a buff depending on Lycaon's own level. Or the number of wolves could increase per level.

MythOfMercury

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » January 24, 2014 4:18am | Report
The number of wolveincrease per level is a nice idea, just like Arachnes eggs.
I kind of like the basic idea, but since it`s a new thing nobody can say if it actually works. As I mentioned: Awesome splitpush, good wavepush, many minons. But can be shut down easy with focus on the minions, useless in Assault (don't know in Arena), no damage on himself.

But a good idea, I gonna follow this topic ;)

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MythOfMercury » February 2, 2014 5:20pm | Report
I've updated the profile to make it look better and adjust the character to make him seem more usable. Tell me what you think?

MythOfMercury

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }