Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Kagutsuchi, Japanese God of Flame

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Kagutsuchi, Japanese God of Flame 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazzMcTazz » August 25, 2014 2:56am | Report

First Note: Due to his lore, I was thinking of his character model being headless. Him being Japanese, I think a headless Samurai styled character would be very interesting and rather unique, especially if he was to wield a Naginata.
Second Note: I had created a god idea for Kagutsuchi a long time ago (5-6 months maybe?), I decided to revamp him with new abilities and give it another go.

Kagutsuchi: God of Flame (Guardian)

Pros: High Crowd Control, High Defense
Cons: Low Mobility, Low Single Target Damage

Passive: Cauterize Wound: Every 5th basic attack heal Kagutsuchi and the nearest allied god (Within 15ft) for 2% of their maximum HP.

Ability 1: Wall of Fire: Kagutsuchi creates a wall of fire in front of him that slowly travels forward and blocks enemy projectiles. Any enemy's that pass through the wall take 50/85/120/155/190(+60% magical damage).
Duration: 2s
Mana: 50/60/70/80/90
Cooldown: 7 seconds

Ability 2: Burning Grip: Kagutsuchi launches an arm of fire that grabs the first enemy hit, the linked enemy takes 20/30/40/50/60(+40% magical power) every .5s. Burning Grip can be activated again before the duration ends, pulling the foe to him and stunning them for .5/.5/.5/1/1s. Activating Burning Grip a second time ends the skill. If an enemy is killed while Burning Grip is still active on them, the cooldown is halved.
Duration: 3s
Mana: 40/55/70/85/100
Cooldown: 16 seconds

Ability 3: Heat Barrier: Kagutsuchi creates a flaming barrier around a target allied god, absorbing 50/100/150/200/250 (+10% Kagutsuchi's maximum hp) damage and granting additional protections. When the barrier ends, Kagutsuchi is healed for 50% of the amount absorbed by the shield. Can not be cast on self. Target ally can still be CC'd.
Protection Buff: 5/10/15/20/25
Buff Duration: 2/2.5/3/3.5/4s
Mana: 50/65/80/95/110
Cooldown: 13 seconds

Ultimate: Flames of the Unforgiven: Kagutsuchi slightly floats in the air and spews a twister of flames around him. All enemies caught in the twister take 20/40/60/80/100(+50% magical damage) every .5s, are slowed by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%, and have their protections reduced by 5/10/15/20/25. Any enemy gods within the twister when it ends are stunned for 1s. Immune to CC while active. Can move while active but at 20% reduced speed.
Duration 3s
Mana: 90/100/110/120/130
Cooldown: 80 seconds

RazzMcTazz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » December 5, 2014 8:58am | Report
its a nice idea and the ability's sound quite cool. i think it would be cool however if Cauterize wound would stop a bleeding effect if the god has it on them (since the heat stops/clots the bleeding instantaneously). also with the design would he carry his head or would it just not be present. if he is carrying it, personally i think it would be cool to have an attack or ability that involves him throwing his head but that's just me. well yeah great job and keep up the good job.

necroshadow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nfounder3 » December 5, 2014 9:22pm | Report
I love the idea. Japanese mythology (Shinto) is one of my favorite. Also if he is going hold his head, a cool ability would be him holding his head infront of him and having it breathe fire.

nfounder3

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazzMcTazz » December 9, 2014 8:34pm | Report
Actually, holding his head sounds really awesome, I never thought of that.
Burning Grip could be launched through the head or have the head thrown in the direction that Burning Grip is used, as well as holding that head above him when he uses Flames of the Unforgiven.

RazzMcTazz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » December 9, 2014 10:46pm | Report
I think rather than holding his head, his body parts should all be slightly separated from him (as in his mythology he was cut into eight pieces) and connected by a thread of flame or lava or something. I also personally think he should have at least one ability related to volcanoes as said eight pieces were said to have formed into volcanoes.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by supersword23 » December 31, 2014 4:42am | Report
Really cool idea! I think that his 3 should absorb a little more damage though, because at max rank, absorbing a base 150 damage is not much. Hive fives tho for the cool ability :)

supersword23

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » January 7, 2015 3:06pm | Report
You should make it have 250 base health

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazzMcTazz » January 14, 2015 8:54pm | Report
Changed the scaling on Heat Barrier to be 250 at max.

RazzMcTazz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Flamingblaze600 » February 20, 2015 7:57pm | Report
His third ability sounds a lot like Gebs ._.

Flamingblaze600

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }