Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Huitzilopotchli god of the sun and blood

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Huitzilopotchli god of the sun and blood 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » November 23, 2014 5:12am | Report
pantheon: Aztec/Mayan (but more inclined to Aztec)
lore:the majesty and terror of the sun combined, Huitzilopotchli is the Aztec god of the sun and bloodshed, be it through sacrificial consent or from the blades and weapons of war.

to know his origin is know of a war in the heavens, a war that still rages on to this very day. for one day coatlicue, a fierce goddess of great standing, was impregnated by a ball of feathers on coatepec, or "serpent hill". this enraged the goddesses current children, consisting of four hundred boys male Centzonuitznaua and one female goddess, Coyolxauhqui, thus causing them to attack their mother in rage. at that moment Huitzilopotchli, fully clothed in war Armour and wielding his mighty Macuahuitl or "club-blade", burst from his mothers womb and rushed into battle against his siblings, cutting of Coyolxauhqui's head in the process.

since that day, Huitzilopotchli, in the form of the sun, has been hunting his brothers, the stars, through the night sky followed by the severed head of Coyolxauhqui, which became the moon, hoping to final punish them for attempting to murder their mother. to allow him to continue his hunt the Aztec people sacrificed the hearts of chosen citizens to sustain him but now Huitzilopotchli has grown hungry seeking better sacrifices, preferably the heart's of gods.

passive:blessing of the blood
when Huitzilopotchli dies, all allies in an area are blessed by his godly blood, granting them increased attack damage and physical protection for 2.5-3 seconds

blood offering
cutting his arm with his ritual dagger, Huitzilopotchli gains an increase in attack damage for 2.5 seconds but a the cost of a small portion of health.

carnal sacrifice
swinging his dagger in a wide arc, Huitzilopotchli deals severe damage to all enemies hit and he regains health for any enemies he killed, equal to half the health they had when hit.

solar strike
smashing his sword into the ground, Huitzilopotchli fires a beam of solar energy in a straight line in the direction of his attack. those hit by the solar energy are dealt medium damage while those hit by the sword are dealt high damage and a re knocked back slightly.

divine sacrifice
raising both of his weapons into the air, Huitzilopotchli enhances his attacks for the next 5-6 seconds giving them increased damage and healing Huitzilopotchli with each strike, equal to half the damage dealt. (the animation while in this has Huitzilopotchli slashing with his dagger then his sword)

notes: Huitzilopotchli would look like a large bare chested Aztec warrior with his forearms covered in blood and a yellow light shining from his heart (or that area on the chest). he would keep his sword on his back when not in combat but he always carries his dagger in his left hand in or out of combat. still here is a hint for the next god idea "when the end of days has come and humanity is at its last moments, the plague to end all plagues shall come to finish of all life and even the gods shall fall silent" (from christian lore in a way)

necroshadow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by supersword23 » November 24, 2014 4:27am | Report
Very good idea. I like it :) the only thing is that his 3 is a bit smilar to Ra's 1.

supersword23

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » November 25, 2014 8:35am | Report
supersword23 wrote:

Very good idea. I like it :) the only thing is that his 3 is a bit smilar to Ra's 1.

thanks for the opinion and on the ability side i didn't realize Ra had something similar so i will think about an alternative but personally i like it as it is and i think it works well for the character, however if i was going to alter it should it be a projectile or should it be melee that is the question.

necroshadow

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }