Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

HÅ“nir the god of silence

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » HÅ“nir the god of silence 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by crippler38 » April 27, 2014 9:29pm | Report
not sure if this guy was posted since I'm a lazy bum who doesn't want to look it up, that and I have NO idea where the search bar is, ah well here is my plan, if you don't like the numbers, we can change them, just focus on abilities, why I don't have x's you ask? because I want to try it with numbers to see if I can get them right

anyway I thought this guy was cool after I say what he was and his name while just surfing the internet, I have no idea what he does other than he is a god of silence, sorry if that is not too great of me buuut, he looked fun, and of course, he is going to silence EVERYTHING, enjoy

H�nir: THE GOD OF SILENCE
http://www.nastrond.net/hoenir.html (found on google images, looked cool)
classification:warrior
melee
PASSIVE: strong silent type = every 5 seconds H�nir does not use an ability he gains an increase in hp5, phyiscal power, and mp5 (+5-10 per stack, up to 5 stacks) all stacks lost when he uses an ability, H�nir also can not be silenced for more than one second

god of silence, you want to silence him? why?

ABILITY 1: speak and hold = speak now and forever hold your peace, H�nir curses enemies in a cone in front of him dealing damage over time, anyone who uses an ability while cursed is delt 50% of the remaining damage instantly and silenced or 1.5 seconds (totally copied from silencer in dota, again, fun power)

line skill shot, hits all enemies in a line, give it about ranged basic attack range with, I want to say twice the width of an ao kuang squall, not instant of course but about as fast as an ares chain

ABILITY 2: SILENT STEPS = H�nir blinks forward, silencing anyone at the start and end location (basically this is an instant jump, give it about the range and area of odin jump)

got to have an escape

ABILITY 3: DEATHLY SILENT: H�nir empowers his sword with his strength of will and his power of silence, increasing damage and adding a small splash damage, deals extra damage to silenced targets
(think melee xblanque 1, for wave clear and some damage)

ULTIMATE: YOU'RE TOO LOUD! = H�nir yells loudly, so loudly enemies are made deaf around him or a short while, dealing moderate damage,silencing for two seconds, and making enemies hit dizzy (like bacchus ult)

sorry, about halfway through I started wondering what damage numbers I could put down without it turning super op, now silence isn't a death sentence like most forms of cc, however it is annoying to mages so of course give him moderate cool downs, like hade's silence cone cd for his 1, a basic jump cd of his jump, like 12-15 seconds, for his 3 just make it like a xbalanque 1 and no cd, the damage boost could be about the same and the aoe scale up to say, 30%, this would go like 10/15/20/25/30% of basic attack damage

so comments, it's not super op is it? feel free to complain it's just an idea, I do like the idea of this guy and would love for people to say what they think would be better, I just really want a silence themed guy. I blame the silencer in dota 2
nothing

crippler38

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 27, 2014 10:04pm | Report
Don't agree with his first ability being twice the width of ao kuang, hitting all enemies in line. You don't say how long the debuff lasts but that's a LOT of dot damage and a RIDICULOUS single ability.

2nd ability too strong. Instant blink that silences at both locations? Impossible to ever gank. Not only is he creating distance, but they can't even follow him with him being silenced. Too strong. I'm very VERY opposed to instantaneous blink abilities...only Loki has one, and it's an *ultimate*.

3rd ability is decent. Nice kit synergy. Very few gods actually have splash damage. I approve.

Ultimate: wow more silence. You basically just took Bacchus's ult and added a silence.

God is too strong. 3 silences makes him a nightmare against any non-adc in the entire game. Teamfight is basically *instantaneous* blink and ult, making them basically lose. I know he's literally the god of silence but 3 is too many. Mages cannot survive, they need beads just to stop basic abilities. I think your ideas aren't bad but you need to take a different path with some of them.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by crippler38 » April 27, 2014 11:25pm | Report
good point, I'll try again, still want someone like this guy but I agree, after I look at it again, what the hell was I thinking *facepalm* I'll try again later, all part of the process after all. I thank you for your input, so 3 is ok, make at most two silences so it's actually ok to fight against, and nothing about his passive?

alright here is my second try, make his 2 a jump that doesn't silence, but still does damage at the start and finish, it could be something like

SILENT FLIGHT: H���nir leaps in the air causing sound in the area to go painfully silent, any gods in the area take x damage, not too bad now right?

and for his 1, I like the idea of keeping a silence for a basic power so how about he throws a dagger forward that silences the first god hit and does damage in a line? not sure how a name for that would be but it could go through minions dealing some damage to them which would be the manditory ranged ability that EVERYONE has, except people like odin and bak but those guys are scary to get in a small area with EDIT:think bastet knife toss only it passes through minions and silences, take away the splash damage though, or we could just take the knife and change the speed then replace the slow with a silence (EDIT 2.0: he throws a knife, like a boomerange, you know how kali knifes are with the slider? how about that goes for his targeter only instead of a prong it is an arc from where he is to where you want to aim, right to left, would be interesting and you could do some pretty cool trick shots with that, having it arc wide or thin with just a slider is one of the reasons I like kali's 2, and if you tac on a silence to gods for that it would be pretty sweet for a ranged attack don't you think?

as for his ultimate, how about instead of that it is an area disorientate? like mercury dash only in an area around him, would be like their ear drums just exploded and they got dizzy because ears effect balance after all, that sound better? EDIT: or indtead he curses everyone in an area so that after 2 seconds if they do not use an ability they are slowed by 50% and silenced, and if they use an ability they take damage and are spun around from it blowing up in their faces, this only works if you are near (say 55ft) of Hoenir, that way you could still walk out of it and he has more silences, plus an area slow, the slow could be like 40% instead, it has to be good since it's an ult but 50 might be a bit much with a silence, I would say make it last like two seconds and deal damage either way, the explode should last like 1.5 seconds, just like merc spin

EDIT: that's only one silence but eh, still works, could shout, jump, silence then auto attack someone to death, would be a bit over kill and beads would ruin it but so do most combos after all, I'm reminded now of someone like arachne with her combo, doesn't have to use her ult but my god it is so much better if you do, afterthought here, jump doing damage on start and slowing and dealing more damage on finish wouldn't be too op would it? sort of like a leaping version of odin spin in my mind, yay or nay?

keep comments coming people I got nothing better to do with my time
nothing

crippler38

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 28, 2014 12:39pm | Report
crippler38 wrote:

as for his ultimate, how about instead of that it is an area disorientate? like mercury dash only in an area around him, would be like their ear drums just exploded and they got dizzy because ears effect balance after all, that sound better? EDIT: or indtead he curses everyone in an area so that after 2 seconds if they do not use an ability they are slowed by 50% and silenced, and if they use an ability they take damage and are spun around from it blowing up in their faces, this only works if you are near (say 55ft) of Hoenir, that way you could still walk out of it and he has more silences, plus an area slow, the slow could be like 40% instead, it has to be good since it's an ult but 50 might be a bit much with a silence, I would say make it last like two seconds and deal damage either way, the explode should last like 1.5 seconds, just like merc spin

This is too strong.
There is 0 counterplay except beads.
It's basically "get hit by this, you are boned, no matter what."
I'd change it to not matter if they use an ability or something like that.
Also, a suggestion.
Try to use some BBC and colors, spacing and text. Overall this idea is quite hard on the eyes for the reader.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by crippler38 » April 28, 2014 1:43pm | Report
I have no idea what bbc is, sorry, anyway how about instead it could be something like

QUIET!: hoenir silences all gods in an area around him after a charge up time of two seconds, he can move during this charge and use abilities as normal, he also gains 40/50/60/70/80% more attack speed, enemies are silenced and slowed by 30% for three seconds buff lasts five seconds after activation

better? certainly sounds a lot less op now in my mind, although he does more basic attack damage on silenced targets but you could always just jump it since it has a charge time, or walk out of the range, I'm thinking chaac ult area would be ok

EDIT: someone tell me what you guys are talking about, I'm not very experienced with this sort of thing so pointing me at where I would find it would be ok, unless you don't mind me playing around with these fancy buttons I am now noticingoh neat I found color, oh if bbc is just those options in the bar ok I'll use those from now on
nothing

crippler38

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }