Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Suggestion: Medusa

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Suggestion: Medusa 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by qinq96 » June 4, 2013 2:52pm | Report
Hello everyone,
I'm big fan of Smite and Greek Mythology so I made suggestion for the next god
that i would like to see in Smite.

Lore: Medusa once was a beautiful girl that spent most of her time in Athena's temple, praying. Her beauty was noticed by Poseidon and as a higher creature and dominant male he came into temple and raped her.

As Athena was virgin and her temple was devoted to virgins, this deed was inacceptable. Athena wasn't blaming Poseidon for the rape but Medusa for being weak. As a punishment she made her skin dead like and from her head snakes started growing rather than hair. Still that wasn't enough for Athena. She wanted to make sure Medusa don't look anyone in the eyes ever again.

After the curse Medusa was feared by many mortals, even some gods feared her presence. She started hiding in dark forests and deep caves. Deadly look that could make any living thing into stone, made her a challenge for mortals that wanted to prove themselves. After many years of hiding, she decided to come out of the shadows and get her revenge in the epic fight between gods.

Title: Medusa
Pantheon: Greek
Type: Physical, Melee, Range
Roles: Assassin
Pros: High Single Target Damage
Cons: Low Defense
Favor: 5500
Gem Cost: 200

Basic Stats:

Health: 460 (+75)
Health Regen: 9 (+0.8)
Magical protection: 22 (+1)
Mana: 205 (+38)
Mana Regen: 5.0 (+0.48)
Physical Protection: 16 (+2)
Movement: 375
Attack/second: 1.05(+0.04)
Physical Power: 35 (+2.2)

(Passive) Undesirable:

(After the curse Medusa wasn't likeable person and after many years of hiding

her heart became stone and her trust in gods were gone. This passive

encourages players to play medusa as assassin in jungle (rather than go in

groups), ganking enemy team)

Anyone in 45ft Radius will have decreased physical protection by 10% and

attack speed by 5%.

Ability: Area
Affects: Allies and Enemies
Radius: 45
Physical Protection: -10%
Attack Speed: -5%

(F1) Groveling:

(As a physical character with low defense, Medusa needs to get quick in and out

of combat and this ability allows her just that)

Medusa get's movement speed and starts groveling forward doing physical

damage to enemies that she hits and knocks out of the way.

Ability: Line
Affects: Enemy
Damage: Physical
Damage: 30/55/75/100/125 (+20/30/40/50/60% of your physical power)
Duration: 3s
Movement speed: 45/50/50/50/60%
Mana Cost: 65/75/85/90/95
Cooldown: 14s

(F2) The Fear of Death:

Medusa starts screaming and hissing on the enemies causing them to run in

opposite direction.

Ability: Cone
Affects: Enemy
Silence: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s
Enemy movement (Fear): Opposite direction
Fear lenght: 0.5/1/1.25/1.5/1.75s
Cost: 95
Cooldown: 16s

(F3) Weapon Switch:

(Some stories say that Medusa uses bow and arrows to defend herself, other say

that she uses daggers. Why not both? Medusa can be useful in lane against

minions with a bow or she can use daggers with a bit of boost to stun and kill

enemies fast.)

Medusa switches her weapon from 2 daggers to bow that makes her basic

attacks range or vice versa.

Ability: Switch
Affects: Self
Switch to Dagger: +10% physical damage and +15% slow
Switch Speed: 0.75/0.65/0.5/0.4/0.2
Mana Cost: 30
Cooldown: 4/3/2/1/0.5s

(F4) Cold look:

(This ultimate was originally thought as weapon that would force opponents to

use their ulties to escape. As Medusa's ulti has countdown of 45s you will

probably use it again much faster than enemy, but now you don't need to worry

about their ulti's)

Medusa moves scarf off her eyes, petrifying everything in front of her and turning

them into stones. Petrified players are immune to all crowd control effects.

Ability: Cone
Affects: Enemies and friends
Physical Protection: -5/8/12/16/20%
Magical Protection: +5/8/12/16/20%
1st Second: Petrified players are slowed by 40%
2nd Second: Petrified players are slowed by 80%
3rd Second: Petrified players can't move and use any abilities
Stun (after 3 seconds mentioned above): 1.5/2/2.5/2.5/3
Mana Cost: 30/40/60/70/100
Cooldown: 45s

Recommended items:

(This list is an assumption of what should be recommended items. Every item

listed below should give Medusa efficiency in ganking and killing Jungle minions)
Death's Toll
Warrior Tabi
Devourer's Gloves
Fatalis
Golden Bow
Blink
Heavenly Agility

Here is how I imagine Medusa should look like. This picture was made by my friend Emily Stepp.
(Not for this thread, but it should do the job)
QinQ96

qinq96

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RiPoZtE » June 4, 2013 6:10pm | Report
I don't really like the passive for it sure you're hurting the enemy team with that but what about you're teammates as well (lets face it you're going to get into team fights at some point).

The 1 abillity is ok I guess the speed boost is enough but the damage is a little high imo maybe lower it by 10 each level? (it'll even out with jungle buffs and item builds)

An instant fear maybe make it a little bit of a longer cast somewhat like ao kuangs squall so its not as spammable as what I'm thinking it may be in this build.

I like weapon switch but I feel as if I would be sticking with the bow more often then not she's squishy and with the automatic +15% att speed right out of the gate, it'll get ridiculous later in the game when you start stacking attack speeds and include that with a rage/deathbringer/executioner/etc. I'd say make the use of daggers more appealing or a better route then it already is by making giving a little bit more protections to her or maybe even having cc/stun immunity while in mid switch so you're not sitting there with your hand in your pants.

I have mixed feelings about this while I like the minus phys protection to enemies i can't stand the plus magical defense to said enemies but that may just be me. I'm assuming she is going to be moving in ulti somewhat like kali's ult (unless you were thinking of a massive cone that covers a good sized area like ao kuangs.

All in all I can't get the idea out of my head that this is a hybrid of vamana hel and some other god that I can't think of right now.

RiPoZtE

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by qinq96 » June 5, 2013 1:37am | Report
yea thats kinda idea of it. You will get in teamfights but you will be unwanted. So when the team fight comes you will probably have to stay back or try to gank.

Ability 1- Well if you look closely that's the only ability that actually damages enemies and even at max level it won't hurt more than 1 hit from ne zha.

Ability 3- Yea you're probably right, still the idea behind daggers is that it gives you 10% more damage, so when you get crit on enemy it would hurt 10% more (800+80=880 not 250+25=275) which should be quite useful with right build. I think cc immunity is a bit too much but maybe 20% slow on enemies that you hit should be fine.

Ability 4- Affects: cone that means it would hit only enemies in front of you,not around you or something and it's also close range so you have little chance of hitting 2+ enemies. Imagine if you're turned into stone and someone tries to burn you, you wouldn't feel a thing, right? That's why there's magical protection. Still Medusa is physical god so she will have no problem with that.
QinQ96

qinq96

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by qinq96 » June 5, 2013 4:01am | Report
Just to be clear 250- physical power and 800 equals overall damage, so the boost for daggers adds to overall damage. With right build (crit chance and damage mostly) your damage could be boosted up to 100 more hit points.
QinQ96

qinq96

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 6, 2013 1:28am | Report
The passive should not affect allies. It's really bad hero design.

Also, I feel that the bonus from using the bow should be added on with the daggers. Changing from melee to range is already incredibly helpful, so adding anything more would be unnecessary. But there currently is not enough incentive to actually go melee, so removing the ranged passive and adding it to the melee passive would fix this.

Also, her damage is incredibly lacking. I think increasing the damage on 1 and adding a bit of damage on 2 would fix this. But it can't be too much, as you already passively have armour reduction.

Finally, her kit is much better for lane than for the jungle. She has no tools for clearing the jungle. Her 1 doesn't deal enough damage, her 2 does no damage, and her ranged form does nothing to enhance her jungling capabilities either. If I were ranged, I'd focus on harassing enemy gods. But she's a jungler. Turning to ranged as a jungler is unnecessary.

It's currently very unclear on what the god's intended role is, as her kit does not compliment what you are trying to achieve at all.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by qinq96 » June 6, 2013 5:51am | Report
i dont know about not giving any benefits to tange weapons, but yea i may change that.

Yea "great jungler" is probbably a bit too much for her, still with her buffs and right items she should be decent jungler. I was looking her more as ganker. Thanks for feedback
QinQ96

qinq96

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 6, 2013 3:04pm | Report
I just fixed that triple quote comments. It was unnecessary spamming.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Joysie » June 23, 2014 1:00am | Report
I love the little pictures you've used for her abilities!!
They look so dark & stony!! fab :)

But if they make Medusa look like that train wreck you have suggested I swear to god I'll never touch smite again... since when was Medusa described as having a lizard head & dragon wings!!

WHAT THA ****!!! D:

Joysie

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }