Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Rework Suggestion: Hel, goddess of the Underworld

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Rework Suggestion: Hel, goddess of the Underworld 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » June 26, 2013 1:19pm | Report
So, as we all know, Hel is already a incredibly strong, ranged mage and support. Although i don't think (bear in mind that this is just me speculating) that she is a very interesting god to play.
If we really take a look at her skillset, we see this:

Passive: Magical Power/Mana Regen
Ability 1: Skillshot Nuke/Skillshot Lifesteal
Ability 2: Slow and -Magical Protection Debuff/CC remove
Ability 3: Magical Damage AoE Nuke/AoE Heal
Ability 4: Switch between support and mage

So, one night when I had nothing to do, I came up with some ideas that could make her skillset funnier and a little more interesting, but still make her keep the same role and (kind of) the same playstyle.

So, here we go, welcome to my idea for a rework for Hel, goddess of the Underworld.

(This picture is NOT mine, it is the concept art that HiRezDuke released as a suggestion)

Stats:

Health: 345(+67)
Mana: 300 (+57)
Speed: 335(+0)
Range: 55(+0)
Attacks per second: 0,86 (+0,01)
Magical Power: 0(+0)
Physical Power: 33(+2) <--- This is the same as for all mages, don't know why though :_P
Magical Protection: 28(+0)
Physical Protection: 11(+3)
Health Regen: 4(+0,43)
Mana Regen: 6 (+0,64)

Hel's Ultimate: "Switch Stances". Hel switches between her dark and light stance. She gains a percentage magical power for a few econds after switching to her dark stance, and she gains a movement speed bonus for a few seconds after switching to her light stance.
Percentage magical power bonus: 2/3/4/5/6%
Movement speed bonus: 6/7/8/9/10%
Buff duration (for both buffs): 3 seconds
Mana cost: 0 mana
Cooldown: 4 seconds

I basically removed the passive magical power and mana regen buff and gave her percentage based magical power and movement speed for a few seconds. I also made the cooldown longer to make players stay longer in their current stance and not changing because of the animation reset (I talk more about this when I talk about her passive(s). Also note that I gave her more base mana regen, so it kind of compensates for the passive removal.

DARK STANCE:

Passive: "Underworld Terror". Hel gains magical power every time she kills an enemy (up to a cap) for a few seconds. Her basic attack also utilizes a 4 hit swing combo with the final hit doing extra damage and reducing the target’s magical protection. (Hels basic attack also does 25(+25% of your magical fower) as magical damage).
Magical power per stack: 5
Max stacks: 5
Stack duration: 5 seconds
Swing chain: 1>1>1>2x damage
Magical protection reduction: 5
Max stacks: 3
Stack duration: 5 seconds

I wanted her to be like a mighty, powerseeking witch, doing more damage as she kills enemies. The four swing chain is also to make it more worth it to stay in dark stance when for example pushing towers, instead of just switching between the stances to reset your attack animation.

First Ability: "Decay". Hel fires a dark sphere in a line. As the sphere travels, it grows and gains in power. When it collides with an enemy it does magical damage in an AoE and applies a damage over time-effect to everyone hit.
Magical damage on hit: 25/90/155/220/280(+50% of your magical power) -> 45/110/175/240/305(+60 % of your magical power) depending on when it collides with an enemy
Damage over time: 5/10/15/20/25(+10% of your magical power) per tick
Time between ticks: 0,5 seconds
Damage over time duration: 3 seconds
Mana cost: 65/70/75/80/85 mana
Cooldown: 8 seconds

To Hel's first ability I added the "grow in power" effect as well as the DoT effect. Note that the sphere accually grows in size as it travels, making the AoE radius bigger. If the sphere doesn't hit an enemy it will dissapear, not doing damage like Isis spirit ball. The speed of the sphere is about the same as the spirit ball.

Second Ability: "Hinder". Hel creates a circular cage at the targeted location. Enemies can walk through the cage walls, but they are greatly slowed and have their protections reduced if they do so.
Slow: 15/20/25/30/35%
Protection reduction: - 20%
Debuff duration: 4 seconds
Mana cost: 75/80/85/90/95 mana
Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds

I wanted to make this ability a "refrence" to the Swedish word hinder, which means obstacle. This can help her catch up to enemies as well as harrassing enemies. The cast animation is a little slower than He Bo's watersprout, so enemies can dodge it pretty easy and Hel can't move while casting.

Third Ability: "Repulse". A burst of dark matter erupts from Hel, doing magical damage and briefly slowing all enemies around her. If an enemy below 15% health is hit, it is additionally slowed and also feared.
Magical damage: 95/155/215/275/335(+55% of your magical power)
Slow: 8%
Below 15% health slow: 15%
Debuff duration: 3 seconds
Fear duration: 2 seconds
Mana cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana
Cooldown: 9 seconds

The slow does not stack with Hinder, but everything else works. I gave this a lower damage output but gave her the slow and fear. I also lowered the cooldown by 1 second to make it just a tiny bit more spammable.

LIGHT STANCE:

Passive: "Underworld Queen". Every time Hel uses an ability (not including her ultimate), all allies near her gains magical and physical protections. Her basic attack also utilizes a 4 hit swing combo with the final hit refilling her and her nearby allies mana by a percentage of their max mana.
Protection buff: 5 to both magical and physical
Buff duration: 5 seconds
Mana refill: 1,5 percent of max mana

So instead of the passive mana regen, I gave her the protection aura and her basic attack mana refill. As I mentioned before, I am trying to make the player stay in their current stance to get the basic attack bonus, and only switching when needing to.

First Ability: "Restoration". Hel fires a bright projectile in a line. When it collides with an enemy it does magical damage in an AoE and heals her and her nearby allies based on the number of enemies hit.
Magical damage: 35/100/165/230/295 (+50% of your magical power)
Heal per enemy hit: 10/20/30/40/50 (+25% of your magical power)
Max healing stacks: 3

Not much to say her exept that I changed it because of magical protection. Before, this ability healed the caster for 50% of the damage dealt, meaning that you would bearly heal anything from tanks. Now it heals based on the number of enemies hit, up to 3, as well as not just healing Hel herself.

Second Ability: "Cleanse". Hel creates a sanctuary at the targeted location. Any allies that stand inside the sanctuary are shielded and are completely immune to crowd control. If an ally doesn't stand inside the sanctuary immediatly that do not get the shield. Any shielded allies keeps the shield even if they walk outside the sanctuary.
Shield amount: 80/110/140/170/200
Sanctuary duration: 3 seconds
Shield duration: 6 seconds
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds

This is probably one of the best ideas I had for this rework suggestion, and it brings a whole new mechanic into the game: Shield! It works like this: It basically temporaly adds extra health points to the unit. Any damage the unit takes until the effect wears off is taken by the shield instead. All of the shield can be removed if enough damage is dealt.
Another thing to note is that i increased the CC immunity by 1 second, but the units buffed are only immune to it while inside the sanctuary. The sanctuary AoE is a little smaller than the vision radius of a ward.

Third ability: "Inspire". A burst of light energy sooths the pain of Hel and her allies, all friendly units around her (exept towers, phoenixes and the minotaur) as well as giving them a movement speed boost. If an ally below 15% health is hit, it gains increased movement speed and is also a percentage resistant to all incomming damage.
Healing: 70/110/150/190/230(+60% of your magical power)
Movement speed buff: 10 %
Speed buff if below 15% health: 15%
Percantage resistant to damage: 5%
Buff duration: 5 seconds
Cooldown: 10 seconds

This just makes Hel more interesting as well as giving her the ability to both move fast from poit A to poit B, helping herself and teammates ascape, helping secure a kill or even prepering her allies for a teamfight.

So, this has been my suggestion for a Hel rework. Feel free to leave any thoughts about what you like, what you don't like, and what you think could be improved. This has been VultokoFredrik, and I am out.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }