Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Ideas for Balder?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Ideas for Balder? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Siinrajiaal » December 24, 2013 10:33am | Report
My favourite mythological figure is Balder. A god of Light, Wisdom, and the Arts, who is considered as being beloved of all. Also a god notably missing from the Marvel universe of the current films and from Smite. There's so little accessible information that I suspect both cases are hesitant to dive in and form the character. OR as a second option, either or both might have plans for him.

Beloved of all. I suspect that Balder was a bit of an arrogant prick at times, being that everyone loved him, so much so that his mother was able to collect a promise not to harm him from nearly every thing in the world. He was the would be heir to a throne that was stolen through bloodshed from the Vanir. In a way Loki is more rightfully heir to Asgard than Odin's blood related children since he was stolen and adopted, and raised to believe he was Asgardian.

That's not what this is about though. I wanted to ask anyone here interested, if they had opinions on what the god Balder would look like in Smite. I created a Balder idea with nothing real obvious regarding links to lore. I used his death for his ultimate, played to a darker side of him possibly as a result of time spent with Hel. I focused on a more obscure mention for the bulk of the character. Mistleteinn, a magical sword forged by a satyr, as an alternative to the mistletoe story.

What do YOU think Balder would be like in Smite though. IF this gets enough interest, HiRez could actually grace us with THEIR version of Balder.

This is an idea and discussion thread, so lets talk about Balder in Smite.

Siinrajiaal

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SlowMotionSpeed » December 24, 2013 4:02pm | Report
Personally my image of Balder would similarity be of a jolly old man , similar to the spirit of Christmas present in Disney's A Christmas Carol.

He would have a clean Blonde hair, a fitting crown ( or I always thought of him with one), and some traditional Norse clothing.

Though in smite, they would probably interpret him skinnier, buffer, and dark brown hair as either a warrior, hunter, or mage. I wish it could be a guardian but if loki pranks can murder the man what else can come and kill him.
Hunter: Makes sense, something similar to apollo
Mage: Like Ra
Warrior: I could see a resemblance to Odin

Marvel: Probably not going to happen.... Just yet.

SlowMotionSpeed

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Siinrajiaal » December 25, 2013 5:28am | Report
Hmm, very interesting. What makes you think of him as a jolly old man (That makes me think of Bacchus lol)?

I picked him as a Mage because Thor is seemingly the brute strength, and Loki the wit and sneakiness. Balder is thought of as wise, and witchcraft means 'craft of the wise' Seems like wise characters would be mages. Just my thought though lol.

Siinrajiaal

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }