Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea - Yum Kaax: The God of the Forest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea - Yum Kaax: The God of the Forest 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Torchman220 » May 6, 2014 12:40pm | Report

Smite God Idea - Yum Kaax: The Mayan God of the Forest

Role: Melee/Mage

Passive - The Power of the Thorns:

When hit by an ability, Yum Kaax's thorny skin makes the attacking god (not minion) bleed x amount of damage every tick that lasts for x second(s) (+x every x levels) as well as lifesteal (2% of attackers max hp) every second. This passive is on a x second cooldown.

Skill 1 - Wave of Roots:

Yum Kaax controls the roots underground causing him to fire underground projectiles that heal allies and damages foes. These ranged attacks count as basic attacks and fire in a cone. The projectiles can be shot through walls and minions

Damage: x/x/x/x/x (+x% magical power)

Projectiles: 1/2/3/4/5

Skill 2 - Vines:

Yum Kaax lashes out with a vine that tethers onto an enemy (like ares' chain but cant cause a slow). The vine does x amount of damage over time and lasts for x seconds. In the time the vine lasts, Yum can activate the ability again to cause roots to rise up and root the enemy as well as do x amount of damage. The vine hits in a small AoE like Ao Kuangs ball of wind, which allows him to attack more than one minion at once.

Damage per tick: x/x/x/x/x (+x% magical power)

Root duration: x/x/x/x/x

Skill 3 - Thorny Escape:

Yum Kaax grows an entirely new body through the ground and transfers his soul through the roots and into the new body, leaving a husk. The husk bursts after x amount of seconds, causing thorns to hit nearby enemies and cause them to bleed/get poisoned. Thorns can be shot through walls, not through minions. Roughly 12 thorns will be shot out of the body, each at a 30 degree angle from one another (covers almost 360 degrees at close range to the husk)

Damage: x/x/x/x/x (+x% magical power)

Thorns Range: x/x/x/x/x ft.

Damage per Tick: x/x/x/x/x (+x% magical power)

Skill 4 - Forest of Death:

Yum Kaax stomps, creating a forest to grow around him. The trees in the forest act like Anhurs pillar, with it being a thin wall, and grow in random positions. In the forest, Yums damage and defenses increases as all the enemies that enter are slowed by x percent. Yum Kaax is CC immune while in the forest. Enemies cannot leap/dash out of the forest. The AoE range is very large, covering a large portion of the map (so it isnt too avoidable)

Forest Duration: x/x/x/x/x

Slow: (i think 40 would not be OP)%

Buff%: x/x/x/x/x%

Tell me what anyone thinks and what I can change to make this more of a unique skill set, as well as being more fun and usable. I want this skill set to be perfect, because I want a forest themed Mayan god to be implemented into the game (Theres only 4 Mayan gods, we need another as well as another pusher like Nu Wa). Yum is usually depicted as carrying a plant, so I think it would be a unique idea to have HIM be a living breathing humanoid plant (http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99120204010_TreemanAncient01.jpg - this looks perfect if you just add mayan armor). The animations will be kind of slow and stiff like a tree and creaking noises etc will play as he moves.

Torchman220

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » May 7, 2014 10:58am | Report
I like it. The Mayans need a mage. I have a few suggestions though (that probably aren't very good, but oh well). First I think that rather than a pusher he might be better as a jungle roamer like Ah Muzen (it would kinda make sense given his domain). Second I think his ult is A) maybe a little OP B) seems like it might be too easy to avoid altogether. I personally think it should be something closer to the webs put down by Broodmother from DOTA. He would put up trees and vines that cover an area, and while he's in it he gets bonuses, and would be able to put down more than one so he could essentially claim a portion of the jungle. Just a thought.

Also I think he should look something like this http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99120204010_TreemanAncient01.jpg

I think I've made way too many suggestions, so I'll leave you with a "very good job" and be on my way.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » May 11, 2014 10:57am | Report
I like it...
I like the overall idea, I can picture this in game.

A passive I have been wanting to suggest for a forest god of somewhat:
Passive: *name*
Every time *name* casts ability roots creep from his position to all surrounding area. When *name* gets stun they instantly spread to (kali stun) AOE around *name*. When enemies stand in roots their magical protection is drained every second. If enemy auto attack hits *name* roots dissipear.
Drain : 1% (+0.2 x Level)
Max. spread of Ares ulti

Maybe his ulti can insta spread roots in large aoe or something?
That said, nice idea ;)
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }