Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Whiro, consumer of the dead

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Whiro, consumer of the dead 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 8, 2013 4:23am | Report
So, here is my brand new god idea!

Whiro was god of the underworld in Hawaiian mythology, and I thought: Why not make him appear in Smite? We need some Hawaiian gods, and I think that the concept i've come up with is pretty neat.

QUICK LORE OF D00M: Whiro is the Hawaiian god of the underworld, aka "the lord of darkness". His brother is Tane, god of the forests and birds. When mortals die, their bodies decend into the underworld where they are eaten by Whiro. Each time Whiro eats a body, he becomes bigger and stronger, until the point where he is powerful enough to break free from the underworld, come to the surface and devour everything and everyone on it. Cremation (burning the bodies of the ones that have died) is therefore highly important, because Whiro cannot gain strength from ashes.

Role: Physical tank or Bruiser.

Apperance: A big, kind of fat, red demon with a lot of horns. His belly is not that big at first, but it will be in late game (see abilities). He wears a belt with a lot of straps and a loincloth. He is also bound with chains, simular to Fenrir.

Stats: Comming soon.

Basic attack: Utilizes a 6 swing chain. The first 4 are normal. The fifth and sixth do 1,8 damage but has 2,3 swing time. (Whiro slaps with his long-clawed hands 4 times, then hits with them both 2 times).

Abilities:

Passive: Death Collector: Whiro can walk over corpses to carry them with him. Corpses can be used with his other abilities. For every corpse he carries he gains +2 magical and physical protection (Max 20 corpses). 3/4 of the corpses are lost on death.

So as we all know, minions and monsters leave behind their corpse upon death. Well, Whiro's whole skillset is based around these corpses, wich is a whole new mechanic in Smite.I choose to make him a physical and not a magical because of this, 'cause he cannot use his abilities if he doesn't have any corpses, so if there is an early teamfight he can only use his basic atatcks really. I think i will make his stats in based on this information when it comes to physical and magical protection. The corpses that he picks up are stored in his belt.

First Ability: Consume the Dead: Whiro eats one of his corpses, storing it in his belly instead of in his belt. Every corpse he consumes makes him grow bigger, granting him bonus max health, mana, physical power and movement speed, but decreases his attack speed. Whiro also gains bonus health regen for a short time after consuming a corpse. 1/2 of the consumed corpses are lost upon death.
Bonus max health: 10/30/50/70/90 health
Bonus max mana: 5/20/35/50/65 mana
Bonus physical power: 2,5 physical power
Bonus movement speed: 1% movement speed
Minus attack speed: 1% attack speed
Temporary health regen: 3/5/7/9/11 mp5
Health regen duration: 5 seconds
Max consumed corpses: 20
Cooldown: 8/7/6/5/4 seconds
Cost: 35/45/55/65/75 mana

So yeah, he basically transfers corpses from his belt into his belly. he can store 20 corpses in his belt and 20 in his belly (of course meaning a total of 40 corpses). This makes him very tanky whilst still being able to take down enemies. It also fits with his theme, that he consumes the bodies of the dead mortals. When he has consumed all 20 corpses he is about 1/3 the size of Vamana in ultimate form.

Second Ability: Corpse Throw: Whiro throws one of the corpses from his belt to the targeted location. The corpse deals physical damage and greatly slows enemies hit.
Damage: 100/150/200/250/300 (+45% of your physical power)
Slow: 45%
Slow duration: 3,5 seconds
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Mana cost: 75/85/95/105/115 mana

This is Whiro's gank ability and tool to catch up to enemies. It also brings some utility to his team, with the slow and all.

Thrid Ability: Half-digested Army: Whiro vomits up one of the corpses from his belly, making it become a minion that fights for him for 20 seconds. The minion has two passives, one called "Bloodrage" and one called "Unstoppable Slaughter". "Bloodrage" makes the minion gain attack speed at 10% health. "Unstoppable Hunger" mmakes the minion gain movement speed and a slowing attack when a god below a certain amount of health is near, automatically targeting it. A maximum of 3 minions can be summoned at the same time. When a minion dies it has a 50% chance to leave behind a corpse. Minions are melee
Minion health: 200/250/300/350/400 (+20% of your physical power) health
Minion damage per attack: 20/80/140/200/260 (+30% of your physical power) physical damage
Attack speed: 1 attack per 0,8 seconds
Movement speed: 300/325/350/375/400
Bonus attack speed: 30%
Bonis movement speed: 30%
Movement slow: 10%
Health cap: 300/400/500/600/700 health
Max Minions: 3
Duration: 20 seconds
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Cost: 90/100/110/120/130 mana

This is Whiro's main ability, what makes his so great. He is the first "pet-god" in Smite, and i think it would fit quite well. The minion spawns only has a 3 second cooldown, making it spammable, as long as Whiro has corpses in his belly.

Ultimate: Underworld Feast: It passively makes Whiro able to fit more corpses in his belt and belly. Upon activation, he enrages himself and his minions, making himself gain protections and movement speed, and his minions gain a movement speed, attack speed, physical power and health regen boost. During this time Whiro can spawn 2 more minions and all of his cooldowns are decreased. The range for picking up corpses is increased. Lasts 10 seconds.
Bonus corpses in belt: 3/6/9/12/15 corpses
Bonus corpses in belly: 3/6/9/12/15 corpses
Bonus protections: 20/25/30/35/40 magical and physical protection
Bonus movement speed on self: 15%
Bonus movement speed on minions: 15%
Bonus attack speed: 20%
Bonus physical power: 10/20/30/40/50 physical power
Bonus health regen: 1% per second
Extra minions: 2
Cooldown reduction: 10%

Basically like Vulcan's ulti but with Whiro's minions instead. Not much to say.

So, that was my idea/concept for Whiro, consumer of the dead. Please leave any thought and improvements in the comments, I personally think that this is a vary interesting idea!
See you later, and have vary good day :)

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 8, 2013 8:04am | Report
For his 3, think about vulcans turrets, they do less damage, and they can't move. So having some that are overall better seems like it just throws Vulcan out of the picture. I really like this idea though, I could also see him as a jungler.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 10, 2013 9:30pm | Report
Please don't link other idea's in a post, this discourages feedback and readers.

Passive: Nice idea, raise max. stats though. 20 protection is not much and you have to work for it. Guan yu gets that for free.

Ability 1: Wonderful idea!

Ability 2: Goes well with the kit, I like it.

Ability 3: Maxii On your comment, vulcans turret lives forever.
- Nice ability enables jungling.

Ulti: Compliments the kit.

My thoughts:

He is going to be a tank with these abilities. Add maybe 1 physical power per corpse so he can become a bruiser jungler.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 11, 2013 1:35am | Report
I know that i shouldn't link my ideas in other posts, i didn't thank at the time being :P

Gald you liked my kit! I wanted there to be a "pet-god" in smite, but not like a goddess with a bird or something (i don't even know if there is such a goddess), I wanted it to be a large, fat, badass guy with a undead army, and Whiro was litterally perfect for this. I think that the thing with picking up bodies and stuff was a very unique idea and it also suited him well.

I'll see what I can do with the passive protection and what you said with physical power :)

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 12, 2013 6:46am | Report
Can't wait to play him if he gets added!
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 12, 2013 11:17am | Report

Can't wait to play him if he gets added!

Why thank you :3

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }