Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea! Votan God of Death, War, and Drums! <----(He's Mayan!)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea! Votan God of Death, War, and Drums! <----(He's Mayan!) 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 7, 2013 9:55pm | Report
Votan: Mayan God of drums, war, and death.
Votan would be a melee physical tank.

Passive: Orbs of Punishment- Every 30 seconds Votan gains an orb that floats around his body. Each orb gives him 10 protection. When he is hit by an ability or basic attack it deals 30% of the damage in an AoE around him and pulls all enemies closer to him.

1: Long Forgotten- Votan is one of the oldest gods in Mayan history, when he activates this ability he becomes invisible, and deals 50/75/100/125/150 damage every seconds around him, for 4 seconds, he also gains 10/20/30/40/50 protections while in this mode, any attacks to him, or that he deals cancels this ability.

2: Somking Cigar- Votan puffs on his cigar, around him a plum of smoke comes out, blinding any enemies that are in it initially. Any enemy that walks in to the smoke is silenced and is only allowed to see 5 ft around them. This lasts for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds. When he uses this ability his HP5 is canceled for 4 seconds.

3: Drum beat- Votan beats in his drum, causing all enemies to be knocked back and take 135/180/225/270/315 (physical damage +35% physical power)

4: Undead Victory- Being the god of death and war, he HAS to have an undead army. Votan summons minions that deal 75/100/125/150/175 (+45% physical power) he can summon 2/4/6/8/10 minions. Minions last for 25 seconds or until killed, they have 150/250/350/450/550 health.

This definitely isn't my best god idea, I know the abilities are random, but I was trying to get one out there, and this god has been nagging me for a while. His kit is random but fits his lore.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 8, 2013 4:17am | Report
Passive: Pretty nice. I just feel that the pull-in is incredibly superfluous. Just make it deal AoE damage around him.

1: Broken. It's hard to explain what's so broken about it, but I'll try to explain. First of all, it deals way too much damage right off the bat. Second of all, it deals damage that is incredibly hard to be countered. The only way this ability can be cancelled is if someone lands a skillshot on you. How do you expect an enemy to do that if they can't see you? That's an incredibly unfair mechanic and you need to rework this ability. Finally:

Quoted:

While this ability is on cool down he is visible, but not able to be seen on the minimap.

This is broken. Remove it. Don't think of anyway to make it balanced, just remove it. While it may seem like a harmless little passive, it's broken. I don't think I even need to elaborate on this for you to know it's broken.

2. Pretty good. Just lower the duration and remove the cancellation of the HP5.

3. Perfect.

4. I'm going to save myself some work here, and simply say redesign it. Every aspect of it is broken beyond belief, and I honestly don't have the time to elaborate on this. Rework it.

I just want to say something that you need to consider when making your kits. You need to consider how people will feel playing against this God. You have to consider how people feel when you suddenly revive for literally doing nothing, and then suddenly have to take damage for killing you. You need to think about how you would feel going against this God. If you feel like things are unfair and you don't enjoy playing against any ability of this god, it's broken.

Second thing, stop adding things that are completely superfluous. One of the worst things a God could have is invisible power. Invisible power comes from superfluous effects that abilities have that usually go unnoticed because you focus on the main mechanic of the ability more than this little extra bonus. It's unappreciated, but at the same time makes the kit broken and do too much.

And I'll be honest, it's the fact that you neglect these two key points that make me not like a single one of your god designs. Going through your god designs, there's not a single one I like and think that they would be a fun god to play if they were added into the game. These are harsh words, but I'm not going to be putting on an act any longer.

However, one aspect I do have to applaud is your originality. Some of these abilities, I would never have thought up myself.

Thank You.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 8, 2013 7:49am | Report
Well... Ok then. My new goal is either A) just become a critic and stop making designs, or B) MAKE A GOD I DEA BUDDHA LIKES!!!!!!!! I AM GOING WITH B!!!!!

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }