Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Ukanipo, the Shark God (Hawaiian)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Ukanipo, the Shark God (Hawaiian) 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » August 6, 2013 5:38am | Report
So I came up with this idea yesterday, and I thought I would write it down here at the forums. This time my idea is Ukanipo, one of the hawaiian shark gods. He is a bit inspired by Kha'Zix from LoL, but he is somewhat different.

My goal with this god idea was to create a god that was good at securing kills and chasing down enemies, as well as looking comletely badass. Ukanipo is perfect for this. I want his kit to make you feel that he is a never-resting preditor, an unstoppable killing machine, and a nightmare from the deep! I also want to show that if you lie bleeding on the mighty sea, you're gonna have a bad time.

So here he is, I represent to you ladies and gentlemen, Ukanipo, the Shark God.

In Smite, Ukanipo is a melee, physical assasin.

Apperance: He has a man-like, muscular anathomy, but with a few diffrences. His hands and feet are fin-like, his head has the shape of a hammerhead shark, his skin is gray (he is lighter on the belly and chest), and he has a big shark fin on his back. He is dressed up in a "armor" made of small, white fish bones and shark teeth, and he wields a spear made of the same materials. Sometimes bubbles comes out from gills on his neck. He floats in the air, but unlike other floating gods he is kind of slowly "paddling" to not sink down to the bottom (he doesn't, like, wave his arms and legs like a maniac, but still, slowly moving them up and down, I think you know what move I mean).
When he moves he will lean forward slightly and start moving his body from side to side.

Stats:

Health: 390 (+72)
Mana: 215 (+36)
Speed: 360
Range: 12 (Melee)
Attacks per Second: 1 (+0,03)
Magical Power: 0
Physical Power: 34 (+2)
Magical Protection: 34 (+1)
Physical Protection: 14 (+3)
Health Regen: 6 (+0,07)
Mana Regen: 6 (+0,33)

Pros: Good cc, high single target damage, great chasing.

Cons: Low defence.

Passive: Lurking in the Deep. Whenever Ukanipo is unseen by his enemies for 3 seconds he gains a buff. The buff gives him increased movement speed and makes his next basic attack become a short range dash that slows and cripples the first enemy it hits as well as making it bleed for a short duration. Ukanipo�s basic attacks also utilize a five swing chain, with the final hit leaving the same bleed effect. Bleed effects does not stack. Nearby, bleeding enemies buff Ukanipo's abilities.
Movement speed buff: 10%
Slow: 10%
Debuff duration: 3 seconds
Bleed: 10 (+15% physical power) every 0,5 seconds
Bleed duration: 4 seconds
Basic attack swing chain: 1>1>0,5>0,5>1x damage and 1>1>0,5>0,5>1,5x swing time

Apperance: When triggered, Ukanipo leans more forward than before and puts away his spear. The air/water around him becomes darker, as if he was hiding in the dark, deep waters. When he attacks with his passive active, he dashes foreward and bites (and therefore stops at) the first enemy that he encounters. When he attacks without his passive triggered, he strikes two times with his spear (from left to right/right to left), then he strikes two times very quickly, and at the final hit he impales the enemy.

Okay, to be honest with you, this is kind of a ripoff of Kha'Zix, but I think that it's a really great passive that works very well and fits his theme. As I mentioned earlier, I want the player to feel that Ukanipo is a hunting predator that always is looking for prey. It also fits the shark theme, as the passive kind of relembles the attack of a Great White Shark (hiding below it's prey and striking from below). The dash would be a bit longer than a Guan Yu dash.

First Ability: Surprise Attack. Ukanipo targets an area to turn it into water. After 2 seconds a shark breaks the water surface and bites all enemies in the area, doing physical damage. If a bleeding enemy is inside the area, it only takes 1,5 seconds for the shark to appear, and all enemies hit are also stunned.
Damage: 90/145/200/255/310 (+80% of physical power)
Stun duration: 1 second
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Cost: 45/50/55/60/65 mana

Apperance: Ukanipo raises his spear and the targeted area becomes all watery. The water turns red if a bleeding enemy is in the water. After 2 seconds (or 1,5 seconds if a bleeding is in there), a big shark snaps from the deep. If a bleeding enemy was there, the shark flaps his fins and his eyes are wide open, as if he wants the god really, really bad.

This is Ukanipo's main damaging ability. Nothing more to say really, other than the fact that he is summoning one of his shark friends from the depths of the mighty sea. Once again I want you to get the feeling that sharks are bloodthirsty creatures that wish nothing else than feasting on your bodyparts (even though this is not the case in real life, but it's cool anyways!). The area would be somewhat bigger than Chronos' Time Rift, but still slightly smaller than Poseidon's Whirlpool.

Second Ability: Primal Instincts. Upon activation Ukanipo gains movement speed and attack range for a few seconds, as well as ignoring collision with minions. If close to an enemy that is also bleeding, he also gains attack speed.
Bonus movement speed:15/20/25/30/35%
Bonus attack range: 8
Bonus attack speed: 15/20/25/30/35%
Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana

Apperance: You hear a swishing sound as Ukanipo leans forward so much that he is basically swimming breaststroke (is it called breaststroke? I'm from Sweden, so I'm not completely sure :P). Think of the swimming animation as Ao Kuang's Slither, but Ukanipo also paddles with his legs. He holds his spear with both hands in front of him, and therefore reaching enemies further away. If a bleeding enemy is near when activated, Ukanipo's eyes also glow blood red for the duration.

Just a steriod ability. It's kind of a mix between Ao Kuang's Slither and Artemis' Vengeful Assault with a range increase buff added to it. Again' following the shark theme, as I've said before, I want you to get the feeling that Ukanipo wants blood!

Third Ability: Send Sharkling. Ukanipo sends out a sharkling in a line. The sharkling sticks to the first enemy god it encounters, dealing physical damage and confusing it for a short duration. If the god is bleeding, the target is also slowed.
Damage: 70/90/110/130/150 (+40% of physical power)
Confusion duration: 1,2/1,4/1,6/18/2 seconds
Slow: 15%
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana

Apperance: Ukanipo sends out a small baby shark in a line. If it hits an enemy god, it sticks to the target, biting and nibbling it. If the target is bleeding, the sharkling glows red and bites bigger.

Ukanipo's harass and one of his chasing tools. Not more to say really, other than even the baby sharks are bloodthirsty beasts. Comfuse is basically like being intoxicated by Baccus.

Ultimate: Underwater Assault. Ukanipo submerges, becoming invisible for 4 seconds. Ukanipo cannot use his abilities while submerged. The next basic attack will reveal him as well as doing increased damage. After 2 seconds he can cast the ability again, and 2 seconds after revealing himself the second time he can cast it a third time. The third attack will do even more damage than the first two, and do that damage in a small AoE, although having 2,5x increased swing time. If he is near a bleeding enemy while using this ability, Ukanipo has increased movement speed and is immune to cc for the duration. If he waits more than 5 seconds between stealthing, the ability goes on cooldown.
Bonus damage on hit 1 and 2: 75/120/165/230/275 (+90% of physical power
Bonus damage on hit 3: 140/180/220/260/300 (+90% of physical power
Bonus movement speed: 25%
Cooldown: 120/110/100/90/80 seconds
Cost: 100/110/120/130/140 mana

Apperance: Ukanipo dives underwater, becomming invisible to enemies, while Ukanipo and his allies see the ground around Ukanipo turn into water and are still able to se his back fin (allies can see it, NOT enemies). When attacking, Ukanipo breaks the water surface and dashes forward, biting the enemy violently. This repeats the second time as well. When attacking the third time however, Ukanipo leaps out of the waters and both bites and stabs with his spear when he hits the ground. If there is a bleeding enemy close when using this ability, the water turns red and a red outline of a shark can be seen in the water.

So yeah, kind of taken from Kha'Zix, but who cares? I think it would be really cool to just dive into the water a couple of times and strike multiple times (again, just like a great white shark). The bleeding bonus for this ability I decided would be movement speed and cc immunity, as it gives the impression of Ukanipo being an unstoppable killing machine. NOTE that because you become invisible, you are unseen by your enemies and therefore you'll trigger your passive.

Quotes: To be added.

Final thoughts:

I would personally love to see this god in the game, and if he did, I would play the living hell out of him. I like the passive and the ultimate the most, probably because they make Ukanipo himself seem so shark-like. I've done something different in this god idea, and you may have noticed it as you've read. Instead of just writing down the abilities, how they act and what they do, I've tried to explain how much as possible why I chose just that ability and how it fits with the theme.

Plaese leave any response and thoughts in the comments. In my eyes he seems a bit OP at the moment, but I'll have to see what the rest of the Smite community thinks.

Have a Wonderful Day!

//VultokoFredrik

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 6, 2013 10:41am | Report
Ok here are my thoughts, his 3 needs to do more damage, I know it's just for harassing but what are you trying to harass? A minion? For his 2nd ability I like that. For his 1. That doesn't seem like an assassin ability seeing as how it's kind of an AoE, now I'm not saying it's a bad ability, but it just seems a little off. The ultimate, So I've played Kha'Zix but for the people that haven't, this needs some clarifying, so once he does a basic attack, within 5 seconds he can cast the ability again, up to 3 times. If he doesn't cast it within 5 seconds, it goes on cool down. Now, I feel the time should be shortened to 3 or 4 seconds. Other than that I really like this kit.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » August 6, 2013 11:29am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Ok here are my thoughts, his 3 needs to do more damage, I know it's just for harassing but what are you trying to harass? A minion? For his 2nd ability I like that. For his 1. That doesn't seem like an assassin ability seeing as how it's kind of an AoE, now I'm not saying it's a bad ability, but it just seems a little off. The ultimate, So I've played Kha'Zix but for the people that haven't, this needs some clarifying, so once he does a basic attack, within 5 seconds he can cast the ability again, up to 3 times. If he doesn't cast it within 5 seconds, it goes on cool down. Now, I feel the time should be shortened to 3 or 4 seconds. Other than that I really like this kit.

Thank you for the response!

I'll add some damage to his 3, I just thought it would be overpowered with both much damage, comfusion and slow, but I guess it would kind of work.

About the 1 I thnk of Loki, he has an AoE, even though it is mainly used for distraction in early game. It is "faster" to do damage than Loki's Decoy, so it would be esier to hit on enemy gods than the Decoy.

Also, thanks for explaining the ulti, it was hard for me to explain it, and you did a WAY better job :D

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » August 9, 2013 7:02am | Report
I love Hawaiian gods, and especially the shark god. I also do think they should add Hawaiian gods too, so I'm all in for this idea.

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 9, 2013 7:25am | Report
The passive is too strong. In early game, he could deal 54(normal basic with 2 tier tabi)+ 120 (basic tick) + ±90 (bonus) = 264 which leave 1/3 health for a mage. In late game, it also deals bonus around 550 which is good. Lower the time. The 1 is good, maybe lower the damage a little. His 2 is okay. His 3 confusion is too long for 3s. Better make it scale like this 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2. Ult is good but maybe lower the damage a bit.

What I found from this is that most of it is a bit copy of LoL "monster". Passive from Kha'zix, 1 from Cho'Gath's rupture. 2, a small version of Aatrox ulti. 3, Cho'gath fear but only for 1 person. Ult, exactly Kha,Zix ult but don't need evolution to make it 3 times.

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » August 9, 2013 1:37pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

The passive is too strong. In early game, he could deal 54(normal basic with 2 tier tabi)+ 120 (basic tick) + ±90 (bonus) = 264 which leave 1/3 health for a mage. In late game, it also deals bonus around 550 which is good. Lower the time. The 1 is good, maybe lower the damage a little. His 2 is okay. His 3 confusion is too long for 3s. Better make it scale like this 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2. Ult is good but maybe lower the damage a bit.

What I found from this is that most of it is a bit copy of LoL "monster". Passive from Kha'zix, 1 from Cho'Gath's rupture. 2, a small version of Aatrox ulti. 3, Cho'gath fear but only for 1 person. Ult, exactly Kha,Zix ult but don't need evolution to make it 3 times.

Thank you for the response!
I thought that the passive was too strong when I uploded the post, but I waited for the community to say their thoughts first before changing it too much. I'll keep the 1 as it is. I'll change to 3 duration. I'll keep the ult as it is.

I have said many times in this post that I had Kha Zix in mind when doing this god, so I'm not trying to say that I "created" these ideas (passive and ulti). I didn't accually have any other champions fron LoL in mind when doing Ukanipo's kit, and I think it gets very different from them due to all of the bleeding bonus effects.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }