Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Sedna

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Sedna 27 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by redkiteftw » June 10, 2013 6:58am | Report
OK, this is my first god idea, so bear with me if this is a little bit bad in some places.
So this first god is, Like Xbalanque, probably one you haven't heard of:

Name: Sedna
Title: Mother Of the Sea
Pantheon: Inuit
Damage: Magical, ranged
role: Mage, support
pros: Good area damage, medium maneuverability
cons: low defense

Stats
HP: 360
MP: 260
Speed: 345
Range: 55
Attack Speed: 0.9 (+0.01)

Power: Magical: 0 (+0) Physical: 32 (+2)

Protection: Magical: 30 (+0) Physical: 10 (+3)

Regen: HP5: 5(+0.45) MP5: 6(+0.4)

lore:

Sedna, the Mother of the sea, has a clouded past. None can truly Remember who she was before she became a goddess.
Some say she was the giant child of the creator god, Anguta, and attacked her parents due to her great hunger. Others say that she was once a mortal who spurned the men chosen for her marriage, who was unknowingly given to a giant bird by her father, who then set out to find her. Yet however the legend begins it ends the same:

Her father tried to throw her overboard, and when she gripped the side of the boat, he cut off her fingers with an axe.

As she sank beneath the waves, Her fingers became the creatures that thrive in the sea. And as she reached the bottom, She passed into Adlivun, the underworld, and became its ruler. Now, with power beyond death and the creatures of the deep at her command, she demands respect from hunters of the north, for she alone decides if to release prey. And Sedna is a Vengeful goddess...

abilities

Passive: Blessings of Adlivun: Whenever Sedna uses an ability, nearby allies will receive + 15 HP5 and MP5 for 7 seconds. this ability can stack twice.

1: Narwhal Breach: Sedna summons a group of narwhals to rise tusk first at her target location, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+ 35% of her magical power) magical damage. Enemies also recieve knockup. Cost:50/70/90/110/130 Cooldown: 19/18/17/16/15

2: Sea Ice: Sedna calls upon the ocean to give herself a speed buff. Also, she leaves a trail of sea ice that slows enemies by 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% for 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds and gives allies a speed buff of 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% for 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds. cost: 80/105/130/155/180 mana. cooldown: 20/18.5/17/15.5/14 seconds

3: Creatures of the Deep: Sedna summons a Whale that charges forward, dealing 80/100/120/140/160 (+40% of her magical power) magical damage. Additionally, the whale dives at the end of the charge, causing knockback to enemies in the dive radius.. Cost: 80/90/100/110/120. Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds.

Ultimate: White Out: Sedna creates a devastating ice storm at her target location. The ice storm reduces vision to a 20 foot radius and deals 150/200/250/300/350 (+55% of her magical power) magical damage over time. Enemies at the center of the storm are frozen solid for 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds. Cost: 200/250/300/350/400. Cooldown: 90 seconds
Define "Normal"

redkiteftw

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by redkiteftw » June 10, 2013 11:55pm | Report
OK, so i have edited this to include stuff like buff percentages and damage amounts. Please leave a comment if you think anything needs to be improved, or if you felt that this was a really good guide.
Define "Normal"

redkiteftw

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 11, 2013 12:31am | Report
That's a lot of magical penetration. I think it'd be best to tone it down. I feel the protection reduction on 2 is unnecessary. I also feel that 3 skill is a bit on the unimaginative side, so I would change that.
She also lacks damage, so I'd suggest remaking 3 to a damaging ability.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by redkiteftw » June 11, 2013 3:48am | Report
Changed the 3 into a damage and CC ability, and removed the insane magic penetration (seriously, i think some tanks were just quaking in terror when it was like that). I have also renamed the 3 to match the theme.
Define "Normal"

redkiteftw

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 11, 2013 5:39am | Report
"-Narwhal- Breach: Sedna summons a group of -narwhals-"
I LOVE THIS IDEA!
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by redkiteftw » June 11, 2013 6:34am | Report

"-Narwhal- Breach: Sedna summons a group of -narwhals-"
I LOVE THIS IDEA!

Well, they are the inventors of the shish kebab!
Define "Normal"

redkiteftw

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 11, 2013 3:00pm | Report
I really like her kit! Thought her passive I would lower, maybe 10 or 15? Also would the targeting on her ult be like Poseidon's, except it stays around her?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by redkiteftw » June 11, 2013 11:30pm | Report
yeah, passive needs a nerf. ill get on that later today.
also, great work connecting her ult and poseidons! That is exactly what i was going for! However, it is a target move, like Poseidons ult or Zeus ult.
Define "Normal"

redkiteftw

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by redkiteftw » June 12, 2013 3:46am | Report
And passive is done! Also, do you think narwhal breach should have an added effect?
And another thing, perhaps we could find someone who could make concept art for Sedna (Heck, for any of our god ideas)?

NOTE: at the time of editing this, this god idea has 100 views! thanks for all the help that went into this so far, and i will improve on it further in future as well as make more god ideas! :D
Define "Normal"

redkiteftw

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 12, 2013 4:21am | Report
I actually think the penetration on Narwhal Breach was actually good. I was mainly talking about 2 and 3 that didn't need it. Also, make Narwhal breach scale by 50 damage per level. The damage is still quite lacking, so toning it up a bit only on this ability would go well for this god.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }