Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God idea: Namazu, the Creator of Earthquakes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God idea: Namazu, the Creator of Earthquakes 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 4, 2013 1:47am | Report
G'day g'day, I'm here with my second god idea!

This time, it's the one and only Namazu. While he isn't necessarily a god, I feel like he has possibilities for a very unique kit.

To give a bit of insight, Namazu is a giant carp that lives under Japan. Any earthquakes that happen in Japan are believed to be cause by Namazu.

Namazu will be a physical tank, with excellent crowd control, good innate tankiness,

Abilities:
Passive: Hardened Skin
After 15 seconds of not taking damage, the mud around Namazu hardens. Namazu gains a shield that is equal to 10% of his MAXIMUM health.

Yes, a copypasta of Malphite's passive from LoL. This passive gives him some innate tankiness, making people actuallly want to build him as a tank.

1. Burrow.
Namazu burrows underground, momentarily becoming untargettable for 0.5 seconds. He may then quickly choose to pop up where he currently is, dealing 60/110/160/210/260 (+60% of Physical Power) and knocking all enemies hit up for 1 second, or he may choose to dash forward, dealing 50% less damage and only having a 0.5 second knock up, as well as dealing it in a smaller radius.
16s cooldown
60/70/80/90/100 mana cost.

His initiation ability. I wanted to make this ability have some sort of choice to it as opposed to a mindless dash most current gods have. Orginally, this ability didn't have the dash element to it, and was just a knock-up on the spot. The problem came to when I wanted to have a dash in order for him to initiate properly. Everything I came up with was too similar to how this ability worked, so I combined them together.

2. Rock Blast
Namazu launches a fragile boulder forward. The boulder shatters on the first enemy hit, dealing reduced damage in a cone behind the shatter point. The initial hit deals 60/100/140/180/220 (+70% of Physical Power) and the shards deal 40/80/120/160/190 (+50% of Physical power).
4s cooldown.
30/35/40/45/50 mana cost.

I quickly threw this ability together after removing the dash from his kit and merging it with his Burrow. This allows for some long range harass in lane.

3. Mud Pool.
Namazu spits out mud at target location for 4 seconds. All enemies who walk through the mud are slowed by 30/35/40/45/50%. If an enemy stands in the mud for 2 seconds, the mud hardens and they are snared for the rest of the duration of the mud pool. (A snare allows basic attacks and ability use, but prevents movement)

A key utility spell that has great synergy with his kit, especially with his ultimate.

4 (Ultimate). Shatter the Earth.
Namazu slams the ground, sending spikes out in front of him. The spikes knock back all enemies to the final destination of the spikes as well as dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+80% of Physical Power) damage. When the spikes reach their final destination, cliffs form in a circle around the final destination, creating impassable terrain and dealing an extra 100/125/150/175/200 (+40% of Physical Power) damage. The cliffs last 3 seconds.

This ability could be rather confusing, so I'll give a bit of context to it. It's like Poseidon's first ability, except it knocks enemies back the full distance the the ability travels. When the ability finishes travelling, it creates a small Odin ultimate at the end of the ability.

This ultimate is the first thing that I had created. I wanted this ultimate to synergise with his kit so he could potentially force the enemy team to be locked down. This ability has very obvious synergy with Mud Pool, as you can send out Shatter the Earth as well, then follow it up with Mud Pool to create a guaranteed snare. The damage was purposely made low because of how much utility is already given with this ability. You can then use Rock Blast into the cliffs at the end for some extra damage. You can then finish it off with a Burrow for another guaranteed knock-up. While his abilities on their own may seem a bit confusing, the original intention was in fact to make them synergise with this one ability to make him a teamfighting monster. The mechanic I love using is impassable terrain, for those wondering.

Well, that's it for this God.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 4, 2013 2:05am | Report
The passive is to good, and people won't build him as a tank, but will buy 2 health items, frostbound hammer and a voidblade :P

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 4, 2013 2:35am | Report

The passive is to good, and people won't build him as a tank, but will buy 2 health items, frostbound hammer and a voidblade :P

That's what I had in mind. I intentionally made relatively low scaling.

Also, the passive procs after 15 seconds of not taking ANY damage. It'll just be there before you go back to lane or before a teamfight.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Butterflykey » July 4, 2013 3:55am | Report
i think it is a great god idea, id personally make it so the slow in the pool is more intense, but mabyelower the duration of the snare, a 2.5 sec snare may be a tad strong, also the duration of the mud pool could stay the same with level, otherwise it would be utterlly useless early on as it wont slow by much and it wont slow for very long, other than that, it is a very well thought out idea.

:)

Butterflykey

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 4, 2013 4:51am | Report
Butterflykey wrote:

i think it is a great god idea, id personally make it so the slow in the pool is more intense, but mabyelower the duration of the snare, a 2.5 sec snare may be a tad strong, also the duration of the mud pool could stay the same with level, otherwise it would be utterlly useless early on as it wont slow by much and it wont slow for very long, other than that, it is a very well thought out idea.

:)

Agreed, although a 2.5 second snare isn't really OP. I did up the duration of the pool and the time it takes for the snare to occur.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 4, 2013 6:47am | Report
I immediately saw something coming from him... I started reading and I was like, "SANDKING OR EARTHSHAKER HELL YEAH!"

For those who don't play DotA1/2
Sandking was a carry his ultimate was a channeled ability that would deal massive AOE damage. The ideal was to get blink with him, charge ulti up and JUMP right smack into a large group of enemies melting them for a quick cleanup.

Earthshaker was very the same with HIGH AOE DAMAGE and stuns. His ultimate did AOE damage with a bonus AOE damage to each unit for every other unit effected. In short Tons of units = TONS of damage!

.........................................................................................

Love the skillset!
Ultimate Idea (Tweak freely)
-A Molten Disturbance-
Namazu prepares the summoning ritual as he summons the volcanic streams from below. The Earth around him violently shakes stunning nearby enemies as sprouts of lava shooting from the earth comes from random spots in the AOE with a max. of 5/7/10/12/15 lava geysers. If an enemy is hit directly he recieves 300/400/500/600/700 (+50% of Magical power). After 2s the lava covers the AOE and deals 20/30/40/50/60 (+10% of magical power) per second for the rest of the duration. The ritual takes place for 10s and drains mana every second. The ability can be cancelled.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » July 4, 2013 7:25am | Report
I liked the idea of a Japanese pantheon, perhaps it will be added after the beta. Who knows?

Your god idea, Namazu, seems very interesting. I see him as a powerful bruiser, with that extra shield. Snare is similar to Root, I suppose.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 4, 2013 7:29am | Report

I immediately saw something coming from him... I started reading and I was like, "SANDKING OR EARTHSHAKER HELL YEAH!"

For those who don't play DotA1/2
Sandking was a carry his ultimate was a channeled ability that would deal massive AOE damage. The ideal was to get blink with him, charge ulti up and JUMP right smack into a large group of enemies melting them for a quick cleanup.

Earthshaker was very the same with HIGH AOE DAMAGE and stuns. His ultimate did AOE damage with a bonus AOE damage to each unit for every other unit effected. In short Tons of units = TONS of damage!

.........................................................................................

Love the skillset!
Ultimate Idea (Tweak freely)
-A Molten Disturbance-
Namazu prepares the summoning ritual as he summons the volcanic streams from below. The Earth around him violently shakes stunning nearby enemies as sprouts of lava shooting from the earth comes from random spots in the AOE with a max. of 5/7/10/12/15 lava geysers. If an enemy is hit directly he recieves 300/400/500/600/700 (+50% of Magical power). After 2s the lava covers the AOE and deals 20/30/40/50/60 (+10% of magical power) per second for the rest of the duration. The ritual takes place for 10s and drains mana every second. The ability can be cancelled.

I have something very different in mind. Something that just ties his skillset together. But I'm off to bed now, so you'll have to wait until my tomorrow.

It does involve something I like to use very much though, and was used with Yum Kaax as well.

Also, I love playing Sand King and Pudge in DotA 2, and I would definitely like to make a god that is similar to them. However, this will be more of a utility bruiser than a damage one (yes, his ulti provides a lot of utility with a bit of damage if you can keep them in the same place (where the third ability comes in)).
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khaldron » July 4, 2013 8:47am | Report
Good idea, i'll add to my post JAPANESE PANTHEON if u dont mind.
Ultimate i see only one option. EARTHQUAKE, lololol

Khaldron

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 4, 2013 1:22pm | Report
Oohh I love my god ideas vein used as inspiration for... Well anything.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }