Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God idea: Huehuecoyotl, the God of Mischief

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God idea: Huehuecoyotl, the God of Mischief 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 21, 2013 4:54am | Report
Hello everybody. It is me, once again, and I am here to present to you my third god idea, Huehuecoyotl, an Aztec trickster god and a god of music and dance.

Huehuecoyotl will be a melee physical based mage, yes, a mage, who will be adept at messing with your enemies' minds, and will have unique mechanics that are based around a constant beat.

Passive: Feel the beat.
Huehuecoyotl, being the god of music, always moves to the beat. While playing Huehuecoyotl, a constant beat will be played by him. Basic attacks in tune with the beat deal damage in a medium sized AoE around him. Additionally, abilities used on the beat will gain additional effects. An increase in attack speed will cause the beat to speed up.

And this is the main novelty of this god. People who have a good sense of rhythm will be fantastic at this god, as you'll be able to constantly send out AoE damaging auto-attacks, as well as empowered abilities. This was the first ability I had come up with, and I wanted to develop it.

1. Constant Vibes
Huehuecoyotl slams his drum, sending out vibrations in a line in front of him. The vibration deals 50/90/130/170/210 (+40% of physical power) and slows enemies by 25% for 0.75s. If used on the beat, Huehuecoyotl will send out 3 vibrations in a cone shape in front of him instead of 1.
4s cooldown.

The main ability for this kit. The low cooldown allows for a spammable ability and a constant damage output. The low cooldown makes you stay focused trying to get the ability on the beat as well.

2. Myself and I.
Huehuecoyotl momentarily vanishes, becoming untargetable for 0.5 seconds. When he reappears, he will have a clone which will walk in the direction he chooses for 3 seconds before it vanishes. If used on the beat the clone will explode after the three seconds or after it runs into an enemy, dealing 70/120/170/220/270 (+60% of physical power).
16s cooldown.

This ability is honestly a bit confusing. Basically, the targeting indicator before the ability goes off will simply be a skillshot line. As soon as Huehuecoyotl reappears, his clone will immediately start walking in the direction you chose. Smart (or not braindead) Huehuecoyotl players will walk in an opposite direction to the clone, more may even pretend to act like the clone, such as walking into a wall (the clone will only walk straight). This is his main mind warp ability.

3. Poof!
Huehuecoyotl instantly blinks to target location (A short distance), dealing 40/60/80/100/120 (+30% of physical power) where he arrives. When cast on the beat, he'll deal damage both where he originally was and where he arrived, and the cooldown will be halved. If the clone from Myself and I is alive when this ability is activated, he'll swap places with the clone instead.
6s cooldown

I wanted another ability that will mess with the opponent's mind, as well as an ability that allowed him to get amidst the fight to pull off a good ultimate. I also made it so he could swap with his clone so there was some extra kit synergy, and also to make him even more trickier.

Ultimate. No Tomorrow
Dance like there is no tomorrow. Huehuecoyotl plays a loud tune for 3 seconds, with a loud bang every 0.75s, dealing 30/55/80/105/130 (+15% of physical power) damage in a large area around him with each bang. If the mouse is clicked in tune with the beat, each bang will also knock up all enemies in the area for 0.5s.

Ok, right off the bat, this ultimate's inspiration was from Donkey Kong's Final Smash from Super Smash Bros Brawl. Admittedly, that's where the idea for this god actually came from. I had this ultimate in mind right from the start of making this god. This is a relatively huge teamfight ultimate, as potentially disrupting your enemies for 0.5s 4 times is definitely a pain in the *** for your enemies.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 21, 2013 6:07am | Report
This sounds really cool! Also, I suggest giving him some kind of, like, AI-activating ability, similar to Artemis' Taunt ability

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 21, 2013 7:38am | Report
There is literally no way there is a god named Huehuecoyotl.
*googles it*
....what?
BR? BR? Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue
I like the light blue text, by the way. I like the visual and the ideas.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 21, 2013 7:40am | Report
Only thing is, how exact must your abilities be with the beat for the bonus effect? Too exact, and it's too hard to ever land. Too lenient, and stacking attack speed (speeding up the beat) basically means you can use an ability at any time and it'll count as in the beat. Too far spaced out, and he's too hard to use in a teamfight due to simply waiting.

But it's DEFINITELY a unique idea.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 22, 2013 12:04am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Only thing is, how exact must your abilities be with the beat for the bonus effect? Too exact, and it's too hard to ever land. Too lenient, and stacking attack speed (speeding up the beat) basically means you can use an ability at any time and it'll count as in the beat. Too far spaced out, and he's too hard to use in a teamfight due to simply waiting.

But it's DEFINITELY a unique idea.

The beat will initially start at around 2-3 seconds. It'll be a very slow rhythm and beat.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 23, 2013 2:54am | Report
Finally finished off this god's kit. Feedback would be appreciated.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 23, 2013 3:15am | Report
Very good kit :D

Passive : Like it but don't you think if the reduced beat times should be the cdr instead attack speed to make it more synced with the skills.

Skill 1 : Nice one but maybe a bit higher cooldown cause he is physical.

Skill 2 : Love it. This will be a more strategical skill. Looks like Le Blanc's Passive and an additional which could make you teleport like Zed's Shadow if you combine with 3.

Skill 3 : Nice but maybe increase the cooldown a bit? You will most likely stick with the beat and could teleport at least twice in 3s.

Ultimate : Nice

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 23, 2013 4:12am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Very good kit :D

Passive : Like it but don't you think if the reduced beat times should be the cdr instead attack speed to make it more synced with the skills.

Skill 1 : Nice one but maybe a bit higher cooldown cause he is physical.

Skill 2 : Love it. This will be a more strategical skill. Looks like Le Blanc's Passive and an additional which could make you teleport like Zed's Shadow if you combine with 3.

Skill 3 : Nice but maybe increase the cooldown a bit? You will most likely stick with the beat and could teleport at least twice in 3s.

Ultimate : Nice

I chose attack speed because with cdr, you'll eventually end up in a position where your attacks are too slow to match up with the beat. Also, with just one speeding up and the other staying static, you'll be able to balance it out and simply hold down the mouse button to always have your attacks be AoE.

Poof! Is meant to be a low cooldown short range (and I stress short range) dash. And yes, I am aware you could potentially teleport twice if you are really on focus, but the first teleport will be such as short distance that its not even worth it to teleport.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 23, 2013 4:54am | Report
Now that the 3/4 are released, I can comment on them.
The 3 is broken. It's a combat blink on a 3 second CD. You should never ever die unless the entire team chains CC onto you. I'd suggest increasing the CD on the blink, as no assassin can kill you, and no mage has enough chasing potential for it to matter.

The ultimate sounds really good, but I'm concerned about the damage combined with the disruption. I'm spitballing a 500 PP item set, that'd be 600+500=1100 damage, plus a knockup for 2 seconds, and as far as I can tell, knockups can only be prevented - not removed during (due to the displacement of it). This concerns me about the ability for counterplay. There's not really much the enemy can do when you can blink into them and use it, especially when your team follows up with ultimates like Poseidon's, Chang'e's, etc.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 23, 2013 5:05am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Now that the 3/4 are released, I can comment on them.
The 3 is broken. It's a combat blink on a 3 second CD. You should never ever die unless the entire team chains CC onto you. I'd suggest increasing the CD on the blink, as no assassin can kill you, and no mage has enough chasing potential for it to matter.

The ultimate sounds really good, but I'm concerned about the damage combined with the disruption. I'm spitballing a 500 PP item set, that'd be 600+500=1100 damage, plus a knockup for 2 seconds, and as far as I can tell, knockups can only be prevented - not removed during (due to the displacement of it). This concerns me about the ability for counterplay. There's not really much the enemy can do when you can blink into them and use it, especially when your team follows up with ultimates like Poseidon's, Chang'e's, etc.

I repeat, the blink is a very short distance. We're talking the distance of Hercules' Driving Strike, maybe even less.

EDIT: Sorry, Driving Strike was longer than I remembered. It's less than Driving Strike. If I had to draw a comparison, it's like Vayne's Tumble from LoL.

And yes, I do believe the damage could be a bit high on No Tomorrow, but the knock-up is just a channel disruption. I want to make it so you can still move in a certain direction while knocked-up.

However, I will definitely lower the damage.

EDIT 2: Also, after further thinking, I'll be reducing the damage on Poof! As well, as I do believe that 510+ damage on a small blink could be very overwhelming. I'll also change it to a static cooldown, so cooldwon reduction will not affect it.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }