Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Damballa, The giant snake Father of the Loas (Loa)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Damballa, The giant snake Father of the Loas (Loa) 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daleon » July 20, 2013 3:47am | Report
Name: Damballa
Title: Father of the Loa
Pantheon: Loa
Type: Melee
Role: Tank
Pros: High sustain, High single target control
Cons: Low damage

Bio: The great snake Damballa is the god of the creation and sky in Voodou religion, both member of the Rada family of Loas and a root, and so considered father of all the Loas. Damballa rules the sky, the mind, the intelect but also the equilibrium. Despite is association and rappresentation as a snake, Damballa is also refered as a good father and a compassionate spirit, being the protector of the cripples, the deformed, the albinos and the youngh childrens.
Damballa is married with Ayida-Weddo, the raimbow serpent, godess of rainbow, wind and fire, but is also know to have as concubine Erzulie Freda, the Voodou godess of love.
Damballa is associate with the colour white, as white are all the offerts pay to him. To please the great god of creation, nothing's better then eggs, milk and flour, basic and modest white offerts which the god acept and return benevolently to his faithful followers.

Grapyc: Damballa would be rapressented as a giant snake, completly white with light violet Voodou sign on his body as tattoo. He also have a violet forked tongue, as violet is the inner part of his mouth. He also would have bright blue snake's eyes.

Health: 480 (+95)
Mana: 200 (+45)
Speed: 360 (+0)
Attack Speed: 0.86 (+0.01)
Magic Power: 0 (+0)
Physical Power: 38 (+2.2)
Magic Protection: 30 (+0.9)
Physical Protection: 16 (+3)
Health Regen: 9 (+0.71)
Mana Regen: 4.5 (+0.4)

Passive: Not poisssonoussss
Damballa is a rightnous spirit, his fangs doesn't inject poison into them victim, but that doesn't avoid them to lacerates the meat from his enemy to heals himself
Ability: buff
Affecs: self
Phisical lifesteal: 10%

Skill 1: Sssnaking through the ssskiesss
Damballa extend himself and travels in the air like an arrow, spinning in the motion uppercuting and knocking up with his spire every enemy in his path (Grapycaly, Damballa moves throught the air spinning around using his spire to hit the enemies)
Ability: Line
Affects: Enemy
Damage: Phisical
Damage: 75/100/125/150/175 (+ 75% phisical power)
Cost: 80/85/90/95/100
Cooldown: 15s

Skill 2: In my ssspires
Damballa grabs an enemy god and envelop him into his spires, immoblizing him and decreasing his phisical and magical resistence for a short duration. If Damballa is targered by an enemy while he's grabbing another one, the damage he get is halved between him and his prisoner (Grapycaly, Damballa wraps himself around the enemy holding him for allies or enemy to hits them)
Ability: Melee target
Affects: Enemy god
Phisical and magical resistence: -5/10/15/20/25
Damage taken: 50%
Reflected Damage: 50%
Duration: 4s
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
Cooldown: 20s

Skill 3: I've ssseen what you have done
Damballa places his stare on a enemy, taking notes of all damages made by him and inflicting him the same ammount after a short duration (Grapycaly, Damballa fires a ray from his eyes, giving to the targered enemy a little halo with the forms of snake's eyes over his head. After the skill duration, the halo explodes damaging the enemy of the same ammount of damage he made while he had the halo on his head)
Duration: 5/6.2/7.5/8.8/10s
Cost: 90/95/100/105/110
Cooldown: 25s

Skill 4: Consume the evil
Damballa enlarges his mouth and bites an enemy, holding him into his mouth and carrying him around while draining his enemy healt to restore his own (Grapycaly, Damballa bites an enemy and holds him into his mouth, carrying him around while damaging him and heals himself)
Damage: Phisical
Damage: 90/130/170/210/250 (+70% phisical power)
Heal: 100% of damage inflicted
Carry Duration: 2s
Cost: 120
Cooldown: 90s

Victory: Damballa bend his spires to bowes to the camera, smiling happily to it before to grab a milk tank on the ground and pour some milk into a glass near the tank. The snake grabs the glass with his tail and cheers the camera before to starts to sip slowly and politely the milk, placing the glass down and taking an handkerchief to clean his mouth before to bowes once more. Loop

Defeat: Damballa shakes irated watching the camera and hissing to it showing his mouth and his fangs, also shooting a globe of saliva to the camera which slides down slowly while Damballa keeps showing his disapprovation hissing around, until noticing his own tail and start biting it, kinda morphing himself into an Uroboros, before to notices his biting himself and letting his tail go groaning and shaking his tail for the pain. Loop
Casual player due low time.

Egypt pantheon rules!
Fan of Ra and Anubis, but open to try more to find other favourite.

Inhabitant of 'God and Item idea' topic, a lot of idea in mind!
Best idea: Discordia, the goddess of strife

Daleon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 20, 2013 10:42am | Report
For his 1 just a question.... Snakes doesn't have claws,CEO why does it say that? And his 2 is overpower. 110% of the damage? No, that could easily kill someone, lower that by a lot.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daleon » July 20, 2013 10:59am | Report
About the passive, you have right. I mean 'fangs', not 'claws'. Sorry, as said, I'm not English, I confused the two words. My apologize.

About the 2 skill, I think I probably made some mistake explaining it, as usual.
Damballa doesn't get invoulnerable, he gets hurt too, and 110% wouldn't be an addition, it would be the total damage.
For exemple (to clarify), if an enemy attack Damballa (consequently his prisoner) dealing 100 damage point, Damballa would recive a total of 100 damage - Damballa's Phisical/magical defence, while his prisoner would recive a total of 110 damage point - his (the enemy) phisical/magical defence which are lowered by the skill of the date ammount (-30 at level 5).
Actualy, the enemy would just take a 10% more damage at level 5, while he also recive reduced damage at level 1-2-3 and the same damage as Damballa at level 4.
Better?

Egypt pantheon rules!

Daleon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 20, 2013 2:32pm | Report
That's what I thought, the passive was just to help clarify it to others. And still that OP because say you get hit by a Ymir ult, bam, their dead.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daleon » July 20, 2013 3:16pm | Report
I see. Thanks again for have pointed it out. I try my best to don't makes suck mistakes, but still, typos happens sometimes. XD

Uhm... I got your point. Well then, maybe we could make some arrangment... How about this:

Skill 2: In my ssspires
Damballa grabs an enemy god and envelop him into his spires, immoblizing him and decreasing his phisical and magical resistence for a short duration. If Damballa is targered by an enemy while he's grabbing another one, the damage he get is halved between him and his prisoner (Grapycaly, Damballa wraps himself around the enemy holding him for allies or enemy to hits them)
Phisical and magical resistence: -5/10/15/20/25
Damage taken: 50%
Reflected Damage: 50%
Duration: 4s
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
Cooldown: 20s

Still the enemy would (exept if he's built with massive defence items) takes more damage then Damballa due the resistence reduction, but at least it would prevent both to be slained by a powerful Ultimate.
Except if Ymir would be in the same team as Damballa, in this case his 4 skill have to be lethal for the enemy! ^^

Egypt pantheon rules!

Daleon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 20, 2013 6:30pm | Report
That seems much better!

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }