Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Curupira, Protector of the Woods (Tupi-Guarani Demon)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Curupira, Protector of the Woods (Tupi-Guarani Demon) 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by XenorrK » August 26, 2013 5:59pm | Report

Who is Curupira?

Even though he is tagged as "Brazillian Folklore", Curupira was a demon widely believed by the natives (and even some portuguese men during the early colonizing of the lands), so, as Bakasura is a demon, I'd believe a Tupi-Guarani demon could join the roster too...
As he is "folklore", most images depict him in a child cartoon way, so I'll try to make you imagine him yourselves. He has the basic appearance of a native man from South America, wearing only leaves to cover his hip. His hair is spiky red (sometimes simply represented as pure fire) and his feet are turned back. He is sometimes also depicted wielding a spear and/or riding a collared peccary.
This being often roams the woods far away from civilization, protecting the nature. All those who dare damage the nature suffer the wrath of Curupira.

Gameplay

Due to being a being of the woods, Curupira would surely belong to the jungle. Wielding a spear and the powers of nature, I imagined him somewhat like Freya: Magical+Melee Assassin, though without the long-ranged steroid.
His passive would be:
Jungle Protector: While in the jungle, Curupira can only be seen in the minimap if caught by sentry wards or engaged in battle with a player. Additionally, he receives +10% Movement Speed and +10% Magical Power while in the jungle.

His Skill 1 would be:
Down From the Trees: Curupira summons a tree in the target location and leaps onto it. From up there, he leaps to another location, dealing damage and burning the tree down. If both the tree and the landing area are within the jungle, enemies hit are additionally burned. (both targets have 70% of a normal leap's reach)
Tree Radius: 15 (works like Ymir's wall)
Leap Radius: 15
Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+65% of yout Magical Power)
Burn Damage: 15/25/35/45/55 (+15% of your Magical Power) every 0.5 second for 2 seconds
Tree Lifetime: 2s/2.5s/3s/3.5s/4s
Cooldown: 15s/14s/13s/12s/11s
Mana Cost: 70/75/80/85/90

His Skill 2 would be:
Tame Beast: Allied to the nature, Curupira can ask for the help of any minion from the jungle. Minions will follow Curupira around indefinately until they run out of HP. Minions also gain percentages of Curupira's stats. Beasts summoned by enemy gods (Bastet's cats, Arachne's spiderlings and Artemis' Calydonian Boar) can also be tamed, but will keep their regular stats. The Calydonian Boar and buff wielding minions must be at 33% HP or below to be tamed. Cannot tame a second minion before the first one dies in a battle. Taming a buff wielding minion will make it drop the buff right next to it.
Stat bonus: 0%/5%/10%/15%/20% of Curupira's HP, Protections and Magical Power
Cooldown: 18s/17s/16s/15s/14s
Mana Cost: 75

His Skill 3 would be:
Predator's Spear: As a great hunter, Curupira will throw his spear from afar, slowing enemies' movement speed. If within the jungle, enemies will be stunned for 1 second.
Damage: 65/115/165/215/265 (+65% of your Magical Power)
Movement Speed Slow: 25%
Slow duration: 2 seconds
Cooldown: 11 seconds
Mana Cost: 65/75/85/95/105

His Ultimate would be:
The Jungle Protects Itself: The forest isn't dependant of Curupira's aid, and thus aids him at times of extreme need. Curupira starts to roar, fearing all enemies around him. Meanwhile, birds start attacking all enemies nearby (similar to Aphrodite's Love Birds, but with tropical birds), dealing damage every 0.25 second as they try to run away from the enraged demon.
Fear duration: 0.75 seconds
Damage per tick: 15/22/29/36/43 (+12% of your Magical Power)
Birds duration: 2.5s/2.75s/3s/3.25s/3.5s
Cooldown: 90 seconds
Mana Cost: 110

Some simple tips in playing as him

(1) When chasing someone in the jungle, putting a tree right if front of them may confuse them (or even totally block them), leaving them open for a great fiery leap.
(2) When ganking a team fight, hop onto your tree and wait for the best moment to leap (must be quick). After that, pop your ultimate and get back into the jungle.
(3) He should be extremely squishy, so always carrying a big cyclops around is crucial.
(4) Tamed pets are healable by support gods, just as regular minions, don't forget that!

Hope you guys like the idea, would be VERY pleased to receive critics about it. I'm pretty new to the game, so I never know if the values are balanced... And yes, I know he kind of resembles Hun Batz, wasn't intentional >.<
Also, the greatest con in this character would be playing in Assault (he should be banned!!), as there is nothing you could call a jungle there...

XenorrK

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Blackwinged » August 28, 2013 5:31pm | Report
This game needs Tupi gods! I even made a Boto Cor-de-Rosa concept :P
I really like his play style, good job there!

Blackwinged

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by XenorrK » August 28, 2013 5:34pm | Report
Thanks! Curupira is actually my favorite being in Tupi mythology, but I think Iara and Boitatá would be great characters too...

XenorrK

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }