Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ganesha, Lord of Obstacles

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Ganesha, Lord of Obstacles 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aarhg » June 24, 2014 7:35pm | Report
I've been wanting to make Ganesha into a Smite character for a while, so here he finally is.

Ganesha, Lord of Obstacles

Ganesha Wiki page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganesha
Art by Saryth Chareonpanichkul

He's a Hindu warrior, and his basic attacks are perfomed with his axe and his elephant hook.
Here are his abilities.

Passive - Rat Companion
Ganesha's rat follows him around and will attack enemies near him. If Ganesha attacks an enemy, the rat will change its target to that enemy.

1st Ability - Pasha Snare
Ganesha throws his snare at a single target, pulling them towards him and stunning them.

2nd Ability - Raise Barrier
Ganesha raises a spectral barrier in front of him. Enemies that pass through the barrier are slowed, silenced and dealt damage.

3rd Ability - Sacred Lotus
Ganesha summons a giant lotus flower under his feet, allowing him and his rat to float around on it. While on the lotus, Ganesha regenerates health and mana over time and his movement speed is slightly increased, but his rat does not attack. Using an ability or a basic attack while one the lotus will cause it to disappear before its time runs out.

Ultimate - Unleash the Rat
Ganesha's rat companion grows to an immense size, and its damage and range of movement is increased. When the ability is activated, the rat also gains a health bar. When the health bar is depleted, the rat will return to its normal size. While this ability is on cooldown, the rat has decreased attack speed.

I think he turned out pretty funky and I'm liking it. Tell me your thoughts on him!

Aarhg

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » June 24, 2014 9:07pm | Report
To fix up the lore, Ganesha's mount is a mouse, not a rat. Although it is sometimes depicted, it is meant to be a mouse.

As per your abilities... Mehh I like the lore inclusion but, his passive can be unnecessarily overpowered or underpowered if you can just sit next to an enemy while giving decent amounts of damage, it doesn't fit. While if it deals minuscule amounts, then it's doing no good as a passive. Passive should more be utility rather than damage. Your passive would more fit an ult, although it's kinda like cat call.

You only have 2 damage dealing abilities, and the ultimate is kinda unoriginal. No scalings and numbers are provided. Update it plox :P

Better passive >

Passive: Obstacles- Every 10 basic attacks Ganesha deals, he leaves a 25% slow on the enemy.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aarhg » June 25, 2014 7:33am | Report
Greenevers wrote:

To fix up the lore, Ganesha's mount is a mouse, not a rat. Although it is sometimes depicted, it is meant to be a mouse.

Well, it could actually be a lot of different animals, depending on which incarnation you look at or what story you read. Here it's a rat, but it could also be a mouse, a shrew, a tiger, a peacock, an elephant, a tortoise, a ram, a horse, a lion or a snake.

Greenevers wrote:

As per your abilities... Mehh I like the lore inclusion but, his passive can be unnecessarily overpowered or underpowered if you can just sit next to an enemy while giving decent amounts of damage, it doesn't fit. While if it deals minuscule amounts, then it's doing no good as a passive. Passive should more be utility rather than damage. Your passive would more fit an ult, although it's kinda like cat call.

When you say the passive can be unnecessarily overpowered or underpowered, that doesn't really mean anything. You could say that about any ability. If this ability was playtested thoroughly, it could be very balanced.

Greenevers wrote:

You only have 2 damage dealing abilities, and the ultimate is kinda unoriginal. No scalings and numbers are provided. Update it plox :P

There are three abilities that deal damage if you count the passive. The lasso could be changed to deal damage as well, if need be.
As for numbers and stuff, I'm just not gonna bother, because I couldn't possibly know if something's balanced or not without playtesting it.

Anyway, this is just a concept. I'm putting it out here, so people can see it and maybe get some inspiration for their own god ideas.

Aarhg

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » June 25, 2014 4:35pm | Report
I think you are missing his point.

The passive just doesn't work. It's 100% guaranteed damage. All the time. It's either going to do too much, or not enough. The fact of it is, it will probably be really useful early and completely **** late.

His first ability is identical to Arachne's ultimate. You don't really describe the speed it travels, or the distance it can go. So not sure, but as just a normal ability, with like a 7-18 second cooldown, that's probably not cool.

The 2 seems kind of super powered. Can it hit multiple times? Could this guy keep you passing through it providing infinite silence? This could work, but not sure.

The 3 is stupid useless.

Super cat call ultimate. Lame

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 25, 2014 4:46pm | Report
I'd rather the passive work like Malzahar, if you know LoL, where abilities, or auto attacks, charge up to a point and summon the mouse, who stays around for a time attacking, then disappears. Damaging the rat can make him unsummon earlier. THAT would be balanced, and could let you scale up without being overpowered.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }