Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Erebos, the Shadow of Tartarus

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Erebos, the Shadow of Tartarus 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » June 28, 2014 12:42am | Report
Erebos, the Shadow of Tartarus
LORE
Darkness. It brings many feelings upon the hearts of men, and of those feelings, fear is the most prominent. The darkness can hold many things, a murderer, a beast, or even a deity. Erebos is a titan masked in darkness, his history being unknown to even the mightiest of gods. But as the war waged between the Gods and the Titans he lurked in the shadows, bringing an indescribable fear to Gods and Titans alike. When the Titans fell he was nowhere to be found, but as the Titans were imprisoned in Tartarus, he saw the darkness and fear it radiated and made it his domain as well. Thus Tartarus itself is sometimes called Erebus. But now war comes again, and this time Erebos shall not lurk in the darkness.
ROLE AND ABILITIES
Erebos fights as a physical melee assassin.
Hit chain: 1/.5/.75/1

Quoted:
Passive: Masked in Shadows:
Erebos is Masked in Shadows, gaining +10% movement speed when not visible to enemies. (Wards will not slow Erebos.)

Quoted:
1: Fear of Darkness:
Erebos darkens the area in a cone in front of him, fearing all enemies in it away from Erebus for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds and dealing 1/1.5/2/2.5/3% of their maximum health 3 times a second for the fear duration.
Misc. Info: Cone is a 100 degree angle in fromt of Erebus and is 15 feet to the edge.
Cost: 50/60/70/80/90
Cooldown: 7.25 seconds
Poster Note: I was going for this to be a good initiation tool. At first I was going for just a fear, but that seemed a little to bland so I added some percent DOT.

Quoted:
2: Imbue with Shadows:
Erebus imbues himelf with shadows, gaining +12/14/16/18/20% movement and attack speed for the next 2/2/3/4/5 seconds.
Misc. Info: N/A
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
Cooldown: 7.5 seconds
Poster's Note: I noticed his 1 was a little on the weak side, so I decided to give his other abilities a lot of synergy with it to make it better. So, I made this which allows him to deal some extra damage in that 1-2 seconds of fear that also triples as a chase and escape.

Quoted:
3: Shadow Thief:
Erebos steals the shadows of all enemies in a circle around him, dealing 80/95/110/125/140(+90% of Phys Power) damage and gaining half that health back. If any of the enemies hit by this ability were feared Erebos gains 20/25/30/35/40 physical power for 2.5 seconds.
Misc. Info: The circle is the size of old Kali's Syphon Blood.
Cost: 80/90/100/110/130
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Poster's Note: I wanted this one to also have some synergy with his 1 but also with his ultimate. It can be used for some quick heals and is meant to be his main damaging skill.

Quoted:
4: Master of Tartarus:
Erebos releases Tartarus upon the world, imprisoning all enemies in a circle around Erebos. Enemies within Tartarus gain a debuff called True Fear that reduces all their stats by 2/2/4/4/6% and are dealt 1/2/3/4/5% of their current health every 1.5 seconds. Tartarus lasts for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds.
Misc. Info: Circle is as large as Odin's ulti. Cannot be leaped out of or in to, but can be blinked out of and in to.
Cost: 180/200/220/240/260
Cooldown: 100 seconds
Poster's Note: As you can see this does have some synergy with his 3 due to being in an enclosed space. I felt that being able to leap out of it would be a little too much because of the mana cost and cooldown of it, so left that out but left blink untouched because having no counter to it would be dumb.

STATS
Quoted:
HP: 800 (+50 per level)
MP: 475 (+25 per level)
Phys Pow: 60 (+5 per level)
Phys Prot: 20 (+2 per level)
Phys Pen: 15 (+1 Per Level)
Att Spd: 1.00
Move Spd: 370

CHANGELOG
06/28/2014: Guide Posted.
06/28/2014: Edited to give passive static buff, not increased by level.
06/28/2014: Edited stats; lowered power and attack speed, increased health and mana
06/28/2014: Edited third ability to have scaling.
POSTER NOTE
Thanks for reading my god idea! Please point out any mistakes, anything I should nerf or buff, anything I should add, etc. Also, please if you downvote explain why in a comment. I'd love to get as much constructive criticism as possible to make my characters more playable! Once again, thank you!
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » June 28, 2014 3:28pm | Report
Let me know what you guys think of my god idea!

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » June 28, 2014 4:29pm | Report
Seems like a good concept, but I noticed a few problems. First off, you didn't put scaling on any of his abilities. Second, he seems like one of those gods who are either "Lolol you're dead" or "Oh, I missed one of my abilities, now I'm useless". Like Hercules, or Anubis.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » June 28, 2014 5:00pm | Report

Seems like a good concept, but I noticed a few problems. First off, you didn't put scaling on any of his abilities. Second, he seems like one of those gods who are either "Lolol you're dead" or "Oh, I missed one of my abilities, now I'm useless". Like Hercules, or Anubis.

Oh ****, nice catch. I'll definitely add scaling.
While it is important to land his 1, it's much less important to land his 3. He is meant to be a boxing god, so his abilities aren't so important to hit except his 1. But, thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Added scaling to his 3 only since it's his only ability that does flat damage not percent. His other abilities don't need scaling, percent damage +scaling seems overkill.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }