Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Donn, the dark one

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Donn, the dark one 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Calamares » May 22, 2013 8:49am | Report
Name:Donn
Title: The dark one
Pantheon: Irish
Tags: Melee/magical/tank(ish)
In Irish mythology, Donn was known as the Dark One, Lord of the Dead. He was also known as the father of Diarmuid Da Duibne, who he gave Aengus Og to be nurtured. He was though of as the father of the Irish race.

He was known as the chief of the Sons of Mil ( the Milesians), a mythological race who invaded Ireland, driving out the Tuatha De�¢ï¿½ï¿½ Danann.

According to myth, when he stepped on Ireland he was greeted by the lovely goddess Eriu. She asked him if he would honor her by naming the island that he was planning on conquering, in her name. Donn dismissed her and her request. He also scorned her. This was a bad mistake. Eriu prophesied that he would not step foot on Ireland again. The god of the sea, Manannan Mac Lir, caused a storm to engulf Donn and the Milesians and drowned Don of the coast of Ireland. This area became his final resting place and it is where Tech Duinn ( House of Donn ) is said to exist. Another version says that Eriu forbaded him to step onto the shores of Ireland therefore he lived on the rocky islet at the end of the Beare Peninsula.

This became the place where the dead went before they crossed over to the Underworld. Therefore he became the Lord of the Dead.

In Knockfierna, County Limerick was also Donn Firinne�¢ï¿½ï¿½s residence. Cnoc Firinne ( the Hill of Truth ) takes it�¢ï¿½ï¿½s name from Donn, who is said to forewarn the local people of bad weather by gathering up rain clouds around him on the hill. Here he is also known as the fairy king Donn of Knockfierna. There is a large earthern fort on his hill and a number of dolmens known as the �¢ï¿½ï¿½Giants Graves�¢ï¿½ï¿½ stand there today.

Sometimes he is seen riding on a white horse on stormy nights, when people would exclaim, �¢ï¿½ï¿½Donn is galloping in the clouds tonight!�¢ï¿½ï¿½

Donn wears a cloak of shadows and batlike wings. He also wields a burning sword. On his face he have a birch mask that looks like a skull.

Passive: House of Donn: If Donn kills an enemy that enemy has to pass by the house of Donn before he can rest. Enemies killed by Donn therefore gets 10 extra seconds respawn time.

Rain clouds: Donn targets an enemy ( the same way as Lokis ulti and Fenrirs third ability) and sends a rain cloud over that enemy for 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds. Under that duration the targeted enemy moves 15/20/25/30/35% slower.After the duration of the ability or when Donn reactivates it a lightning bolt will be sent down dealing 60/100/140/200/240 (+50%of your magical power
Cooldown:20 seconds.

Hellfire sword: Donn throws a fireball from his sword. If the fireball hits an enemy it will deal 60/110/160/210/260dmg (+25% of your magical power)The enemy also has a 25% chance of catching fire taking 15/20/25/30/35 dmg/second (+20% of your magical power) for 3 seconds.
Cooldown: 15 seconds. Mana cost: 50/75/100/125/150

Lord of the dead: This is a passive ability that causes enemies killed by Donn to rise from the dead and fight by his side for 5/10/15/20/25 seconds or until it or Donn dies. The dead enemy god will have the stats it had without items and can only use basic attacks. Once it dies or the time is up it will exploed dealing 80/100/120/140/160 dmg(+ 75% of your magical power). If the clone dies because Donn dies all enemies around it will also be stunned for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3s. The ability will go on a cooldown after the dead enemy has risen.
Cooldown:100 seconds Blast radius:15

Stormy ride: Donn summons his white steed and rides on it giving him a 10/20/30/40/50% speed buff. All enemies that attacks Donn during his ultimate is activated will take DOUBLE the damage dealt. Donn can't use any abilities or basic attacks during the duration of his ultimate.
Cooldown:180 seconds Mana cost: 100/150/200/250/300 Duration:5 seconds

Note that this is my fourth post and my third god idea so it might not be so good and english isn't my native language so I might have failed with the grammar at some occasions.

Calamares

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » May 22, 2013 10:32pm | Report
Ts a good idea, I like the concept. (Grammar was fine by te way) But I have to say some of his bailies are OP. with his 2 he can end up doing over 560 damage. And his 3 I would give a shorter duration. And with the ult though, does that mean any eny who attacks him (while he's on his horse) ten take double damage? I really lime the passive and his 1 though.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 22, 2013 11:16pm | Report
I quite like this idea, except the 3rd abilitie. that could be a cc abilitie or something among those lines ;)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Calamares » May 23, 2013 4:16am | Report

I quite like this idea, except the 3rd abilitie. that could be a cc abilitie or something among those lines ;)

His first ability is a cc. It's a slow.

Calamares

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 23, 2013 4:50am | Report
Calamares wrote:

His first ability is a cc. It's a slow.

Yes, but kinda tanky gods need cc

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Calamares » May 25, 2013 2:28am | Report
I've lowered the damage of the damage over time on his second ability and given him some cc on his third ability.

Calamares

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Calamares » May 25, 2013 2:34am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Ts a good idea, I like the concept. (Grammar was fine by te way) But I have to say some of his bailies are OP. with his 2 he can end up doing over 560 damage. And his 3 I would give a shorter duration. And with the ult though, does that mean any eny who attacks him (while he's on his horse) ten take double damage? I really lime the passive and his 1 though.

Anyone who attacks Donn when he's on his horse take double damage, yes. I might nerf it but it has a long cooldown and I think many would choose not to attack him during his ultimate is activated, exept if he is very low on hp. I will probably lower the duration tough :)

Calamares

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }