Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cadmean Vixen, the Teumessian Fox

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Cadmean Vixen, the Teumessian Fox 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kurt_Ottman » June 29, 2014 9:49am | Report
Hi, and welcome to my idea for a new mythological creature for Smite!

(If you're good at drawing art, and want some credit for making a foxy concept art for me, I'd really, really appreciate it! ^^)

Lore:
"In Greek mythology, the Teumessian fox, or Cadmean vixen, was a gigantic fox that was destined never to be caught. The fox was one of the children of Echidna. It was said that it had been sent by the gods (perhaps Dionysus) to prey upon the children of Thebes as a punishment for a national crime. Creon, the then Regent of Thebes, set Amphitryon the impossible task of destroying this beast. He discovered an apparently perfect solution to the problem by fetching the magical dog Laelaps, who was destined to catch everything it chased, to catch the Teumessian fox. Zeus, faced with an inevitable contradiction due to the paradoxical nature of their mutually excluding abilities, turned the two beasts into stone. The pair were cast into the stars, and remain as Canis Major (Laelaps) and Canis Minor (Teumessian Fox)." (Source: Wikipedia)

Summary;
Pantheon: Greek
Type: Melee, physical

Roles: Assassin
Pros: High single target damage, high mobility.
Difficulty: Average.

Details:
Health: 405 (+75 per level)
Mana: 210 (+35 per level)
Speed: 375 (+0)
Range: 12 (+0)
Attack/sec: 1 (+2.16% per level)

Basic attack:
Damage: 38 + 2.2 per level (+100% of physical power)
Progression: 2 attacks with paws, 3rd is a stronger bite (75%, 75%, 150%).

Protections:
Magical: 30 (+0.9 per level)
Physical: 12 (+2.9 per level)

Regenerations:
Health per 5: 10 (+0.7)
Mana per 5: 4.5 (+0.40)

Abilities:

Evasion
Ability: Passive
Affects: Self

Cadmean Vixen agility makes him able to evade 10% of all basic attacks thrown at him.

Also, after evading an attack, his next basic attack is a bite (150% of basic attack damage).

Chicken neck grab
Ability: Line
Affects: Enemy
Damage: Physcial
Dash distance: 30 ft.

Cadmean Vixen dashes forward in a line and grabs the first enemy he hits. After a brief delay, the enemy is thrown backwards and takes damage.

Damage: 20/35/50/75/90 (+75% of physical power)

Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 mana
Cooldown: 15 seconds.

Fury swipes
Ability: Buff

Cadmean Vixen becomes enraged, making his fur blood-red, and increasing his attack speed and lifesteal for the duration.

Attack speed increase: 60%
Physical lifesteal increase: 5/10/15/25/30%
Duration: 5 seconds

Cost: 60 mana

Cooldown: 30/25/20/15/10 seconds.

Meat sack
Ability: Buff/Ground target
Affects: Self/Enemies

Passive effect: Cadmean Vixen gains stacks by killing minions and neutral monsters. When he returns them to base, he gets extra gold.

Active: Cadmean Vixen hurls meat on the ground behind him, making enemies hit sick and nauseous*. Consumes half the stacks in the bag. The meat lasts for 5 seconds before disappearing.

*Neusea makes the enemy's screen go nuts in strong waving motions, making it hard to see.

Gold per stack: 3

Nausea duration: 0.2/0.4/0.8/1.2/1.5 seconds (+0.5 seconds for every 10 stacks in the meat sack).

Cost: 1/2 of the stacks in the meat bag.

Cooldown: 20 seconds.

Great escape
Ability: Buff
Dash distance: 35 ft.

Cadmean Vixen removes all crowd control effects on himself, and gains the ability to use up to three dashes for the next 10 seconds. He will also gain 30% damage mitigation during the dashes.

Cost: 100 mana

Cooldown: 90 seconds.
Cadmean Vixen was designed to be a full-time jungler with his passive and Fury swipes, and part-time roamer, spending most of his time in the shadows, looking for gank opportunities. He has to come from behind for his ganks to be the most effective, due to his Chicken neck grab being the primary ganking tool.

He has all the tools of a regular assassin, but his Meat Sack making his playstyle a little different. Since he is known to prey on the weak, minions and neutral monsters will give him massive crowd control for that important mid-game teamfight, or gold to become a true late game monster fox.

His signature move is Great escape, that can be used in the middle of the enemy team to remove crowd control and dash away, making it really hard for them to lock him down.

He is great for split-pushing, since his ultimate is made for escaping.

When attacking, sticking to your enemy is important, as the third bite will be much stronger than the first two strikes.

Did you know that the hunting dog Laelaps, was actually created by Artemis?

Kurt_Ottman

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kurt_Ottman » June 29, 2014 6:23pm | Report
Feedback please? :)

Kurt_Ottman

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » June 29, 2014 11:41pm | Report
You might want to use this for formatting: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/god-item-ideas/important-note-for-god-idea-forums-1522 it's what most of us other god creators use.
Otherwise, his 1 has no damage and he pretty much relies on his ulti to escape because of his unusually low health (Lower than Thanatos' base, who has the lowest health in the game), and because of this NEEDS a lower cooldown on it. Also, let me reiterate how low his one's damage is: Hercules' 1, at base damage, level 1, deals 95 damage. Kali's lash bleed will do more damage than this. Arachne's passive will do more damage than this. His 2 at rank 1 will let him do more damage than his 1 at max rank. Also, nerf his 2. +60% attack speed on base is ridiculous, just start with that and get a deathbringer and BOOM pentakill. Rama's 2 at max rank does only 50% att spd, and Art's at max rank is 75%. That's at MAX RANK. So yeah, this does need some work done to it but it's good that you're trying.
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Legendary Articuno » October 3, 2015 1:04am | Report
Now I feel that you definitely have something going on here, but you didn't really make him that much of an assassin but rather a distraction. I think it would be better if you gave him some sort of short ranged teleport for his '1' so his ult isn't his only escape. Also, you didn't tell us how his basic attacks are timed and that could mean a lot. I feel that his progression should have more steps in it. Also, I feel like you are making a person rather than a fox. You have to make him sly and cunning more so that Loki. While your fury swipes are a great idea, I just don't feel like he is that kind of assassin. Plus, he pretty much lacks any cc except that nausea. Even Ratatoskr has more cc then this guy. For his '2' you should make this ability one of his main damages. You gave him almost the same thing as Sobek and that doesn't seem very assassin...ny. Now his '3' just seems a little far fetched. I can definitely see that getting abused at some point. All of his cooldowns are also just to long. He seems very much like a one shot hard hitter that takes time to reload. His ult, is almost equivalent to Ratatoskr's '1' and I feel that he should be given some kind of finisher ult. I'm just saying, this is supposed to be a fox dashing forward to battle, not a plastic bag in the wind.

Legendary Articuno

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }