Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Babylon- Gametype idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Babylon- Gametype idea 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MythOfMercury » December 25, 2013 7:39pm | Report
When I first downloaded Smite, I was curious about the story. We aren't given much other then mankind's destruction and the gods returning to reclaim the world. My map idea is to insert just a little more story into Smite and give players yet another fun map to play on.
The Tower of Babylon appears in mythology as the height of mankind's ability. Working together mankind shown to the gods that they did not need them. And the gods brought down their wrath upon humanity for its disloyalty.

Babylon features the Tower of Babylon in the center of the map. From the Tower Spawns continuous waves of human enemies that head toward the spawn point of the players. There are three lanes total that begin at each side of the map and converge at the center where the tower stands.

The game follows a 3 or 5 pvp situation. Both teams start at each side and fight through waves of minions quickly to reach the tower at the center. Players then attack the tower until an artifact of power falls from it. Players capture the artifact by walking into it.

The minions on map will then prioritize the player. Even jungle minions will attack if the player walks by. The players position will be advertised to the enemy team so they can chase the player down and kill them. Said player will have to run the artifact all the way back to the spawn point. There is no recall function.
The tower will not drop another artifact until the current artifact is properly captured or disappears upon the players death.

In this capture the flag style gametype, victory is achieved by capturing five artifacts.

MythOfMercury

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 26, 2013 3:15am | Report
They said they'd never do a capture the flag type gamemode, mostly because high mobility tanks would win.

Especially Athena. Imagine Athena gets the relic, and ults to an ally at her base.
Hades can dash under walls, Sobek can knock people away while dashing, Bacchus is nearly impossible to chase with a jump, a stun, and his ult. Tanks would be ridiculously overpowered at this game, and this doesn't really promote PvP as much as just chasing someone mindlessly. Gods without a lot of mobility are useless - Anubis, Ao Kuang, Arachne, Freya, Ne Zha, Poseidon, etc.

Oh, and Mercury would go nuts.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Siinrajiaal » December 26, 2013 8:27pm | Report
I think the idea sounds pretty great. It's true that certain gods would have the advantage, but that's the challenge, right? How do you beat the gods and builds of the enemy team.

They would have to turn Recall off whenever you had the artifact, and they could make abilities like Athena's Ult have their travelling deactivated if behind the tower of babylon.

The minions travelling down the lanes could potentially be link to a buff or debuff when destroying the enemy spawn point. Maybe a Phoenix or a tower or whatever.

I think with 3 lanes it would need to be 5v5, so that potentially 2 of those could be zoning in the enemy jungle to gank and counter the carrier of the artifact. Destroying the enemy base could stop that team from gaining the point until the base respawns, though they could still carry the artifact. The minions would be converging into one lane near the spawn point seeking to destroy the base on either side.

An interesting variant to the idea would be a 12 man match with 4 teams of 3, each having only 1 lane. I think the meta would be a solo laner and a jungler for each of the two neighboring camps, with the 2 sometimes ganking the far camps jungles together or separately.

I think it's a bit hasty of HiRez to dismiss the potential for a fun and balanced CtF gametype. They could even release an item or two two help, like a variant of Soul Reaver that procs no extra damage but stuns occasionally.

Siinrajiaal

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }