Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

ymir stun unbalanced

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » ymir stun unbalanced 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JokernSmites » February 25, 2013 7:30am | Report
out of all the tanks, ymir is the only one who can go in and doesnt have anything to loose. Sobek: Charges in, if he misses, ymir stuns him, guan taulo assault? ymir stuns. Bacchus burp, ymir stuns, ares goes in for a pull, ymir stuns, ares searing flesh? ymir stuns. Ares has to pop ulti for a decent stun, ymir gets one every 15 secs. I dont think thats fair to any other tank. Ymir doesnt have to wait for people to engage, he can engage easily, it just depends what you wanna do. "Just get beads" you might say, but if you use beads on his stun, he has another stun after 15 secs, while your beads wont be up for about 100 secs. So it wont make a difference.

I suggest making the radius of Ymirs stun smaller.

JokernSmites

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » February 25, 2013 7:52am | Report
Ymir also has the least effective way to deal damage.
he brings a lot to team fights
but he's balanced

all other tanks do more damage or have something else to work in their favor
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » February 25, 2013 8:48am | Report
and don't forget about magi's blessing :D
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zofus » February 25, 2013 8:07pm | Report
I agree completely, he is extremely unbalanced when it comes to his stun. It doesn't matter whether he does a small amount of damage or not. What matters is the fact that he is able to consistently pull off a long term stun in short periods of times that allow the rest of his team to pop off their stuns or use all of their attack abilities. For the sake of fairness I feel ymir should be balanced or the gods that are affected by him the most to be changed so that they don't die or are considered useless after a stun. JokernSmites did an excellent job showing some of the unfair drawbacks and major problems that ymir's stun causes for other gods.

Zofus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sycthrex » February 26, 2013 9:54am | Report
Zofus wrote:

I agree completely, he is extremely unbalanced when it comes to his stun. It doesn't matter whether he does a small amount of damage or not. What matters is the fact that he is able to consistently pull off a long term stun in short periods of times that allow the rest of his team to pop off their stuns or use all of their attack abilities. For the sake of fairness I feel ymir should be balanced or the gods that are affected by him the most to be changed so that they don't die or are considered useless after a stun. JokernSmites did an excellent job showing some of the unfair drawbacks and major problems that ymir's stun causes for other gods.

So you want him to stop being a Tank?

I'm pretty sure what you describe is the role of a Pure Tank.

- Small Damage
- Lot of CC
- CC's enemy to set up kills for their carries.

Keep him the same
Xbalanque Newbie Guide

Feel i helped? remember to +rep

Sycthrex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 26, 2013 10:00am | Report
I am a Bacchus player and Ymir is pretty hard to deal with, I do agree. The way you wanna go is bellyflop, belch of the gods and start cirkling around him and hit some basic attacks. You can also intoxicate him and sometimes he will miss his stun. Ymir is one of the hardest gods to kill as Bacchus but it depends on skill and sometimes luck, he is balanced as if for a god becouse he has some downsides.
For guan yu he is so irritating when he uses his dash so that possibly will make Ymir miss.
Ares? I have no clue :P
As if for sobek he can be so irritating to go up aginst so his thail whip can also **** people :3
As you seem to be intrested in tanks they mostly can take a lot of hits so even if you get stunned you should be able to tank the damage unless there is a enemy damage dealer around than you are ****ed :(

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » February 26, 2013 10:03am | Report
Sycthrex wrote:

- Small Damage
- Lot of CC

Keep him the same

Agreed

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Avador » February 26, 2013 10:24am | Report
Ymir got a slow, a stun, a wall and 1 full dmg abillity no escape other than his skillshots

Ares got more movement speed (in combat with chains, which can also work as getaway abillity) waaay more dmg and an aoe stun that most likely will force the other team to get both beads and aegis and he is even able to get more protection for him and his team.

Bacchus got a jump that 'stuns' for half a second and slows for 2, yet another stun and an ulti that renders the opponents hit by it useless for the next 5 secs

Sobek got 3 types of getaway (1,2 and 4), and a heal.. And his ult even deals massive dmg and can be moved and it gives him mana back.. He can grap ANY target at any given time into his team and ensure that 1 kill even easier than Ymir

I don't feel like Ymir is OP at all.. He's got no movement abillitys, and his wall is avoidable if placed elsewhere than jungle, even for chars without jump (Prediction is allowed here)

You can make every god sound OP listing their kits, to me, Sobek sounds like the one with the most utillity, sustain and even almost dmg as well.
Sry for The typos, but I'm ón forum from a phone with Danish auto-spelling

Avador

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » February 26, 2013 11:03am | Report
let me give you a piece of experience how to deal Ymir or any kind of tanks. Many players make huge mistake when they play fighter kind of gods and engage tanks one on one. Thats why something like getting frozen + pounded happens.
Piece of advice is if youre DPS (any god) dont engage tank unless youre heavy fed or youre under a good penetration equipment ( By that I mean executioner, Voidblade, Titans bane etc...)
thats not bad way to dispatch Ymir or any other tank or at least put them out of the fight for some time. The best way to deal with tanks is to double team them.
And one more thing : best way to deal with Ymir's 3 is to be little skillfull and try to provoke his miss with frost breath. I know its not an easy thing to do but its worth trying cuz his 3 is a "strategy breaker" for many team fights.
Hope I helped you little with my suggestions. Have fun playing and GG

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » February 27, 2013 2:29pm | Report
Quoted:

- Small Damage
- Lot of CC

Keep him the same

That's one thing about this game though, and that is that the tanks do a large amount of damage. Look at Bacchus and Odin for example, they have insane damage.

While I think that Ymir's stun is infuriating, I believe that it is balanced. Still infuriating, but not much can be done to change it.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }