Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

xbox controllers and smite.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » xbox controllers and smite. 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by noctuum » July 27, 2013 7:33pm | Report
so i wanna play smite with my 360 controller. i plugged it in, the drivers are installed and now the green xbox button is flashing. what else do i need to do in order for it to work?
Exclamatory! I'm so Adjective I Verb Nouns Adverbly.

IGN: BonyCrow
Add Me.

noctuum

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 29, 2013 3:20pm | Report
I play on a xbox 360 remote as well. I don't know what type of controller you have but you should not have needed to set up anything if its wired at least I didn't have to.

I just plugged in my wired controller into the USB slot and it automatically works with nothing required other than going to settings and customizing your controller layout. It should already work. When you log into smite find the TOOL icon in the top left or right corner and you have to adjust your controller settings to set your controller up.

I recommenced you set your xbox controller how I have it being Its the most efficient way.

_________________ XBOX CONTROLLER LAYOUT ____________________

Left Trigger - Cancel ability
Right Trigger - Basic attack/activate abilities
Left bumper - Recall
Right Bumper - Consumable #1 aka your most important consumable
Y button - 1st ability
x button - 2nd ability
a button - 3rd ability
b button - Ultimate
Up Dpad - Train 1st ability
Left Dpad - Train 2nd ability
Right Dpad - Train 3rd ability
Down Dpad - Train Ultimate
Back/Select button - Scoreboard
Start - Active #1 aka your most important active

KEYBOARD CONTROLS:
V - Chat system
I - Store
1 - Consumable #2 aka your less important consumable
G - Active #2 aka less important one.

Theory - Take all your important used stuff and put it on the controller in the most efficient way. Things that cannt fit on the controller go on the keyboard.

There are a few things the controller accells at over using a keyboard.
I can level up my skills while using consumables while using actives while using skills all at the same time without moving my hand at all. You simply just push in your fingers.

What the mouse has over the controller is that you adjust sensitivity with your mouse which can be fined tuned for certain speeds unlike a controller if you get what I am saying.

But for me I would rather play on a controller because I don't have to stay hunched over my laptop an I can lay around and relax while playing smite.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }