Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Will there be competitive joust?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Will there be competitive joust? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmiteBadger » March 14, 2013 1:30pm | Report
I'm a huge fan of joust, but my issue is that most people that play joust seem to be noobs, or at least noobs to joust. (I get it, my first few games of joust I was building 5v5 items, and using 5v5 strat).

I'd love to see a competitive scene for joust, does anyone know if there are plans for this?

SmiteBadger

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » March 14, 2013 1:36pm | Report
Nice question. I played serveral Jousts today, and in almost every single one of them I got called a hacker because I won.

I have no idea why people don't understand how different Jousts are from 5v5 or Arena fights.

Maybe there should be a tutorial how unfair some situations can get, so people are aware of how frustrating it can be to lose 1v1, because it is your own fault.

Plus, First Win of The Day in Jousts seem a little off to me. There are some gods who are borderline broken in Joust because they can 1v1 so well, and there are gods who are nearly useless because they mostly do Support/CC.

I think Hi Rez should offer some "tips and tricks" for new Joust players.
Ziggs [14:65]: try to hold ez at tower, ill ult
Tristana [14:59]: he'll blink away
Ziggs [15:03]: no he wont
Tristana [15:06]: u sure?
[All] Ziggs [15:10]: HEY ERZEAL

[All] Ezreal [15:14]: whaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[All] Ezreal [15:18]: *** you

Husonaut90

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmiteBadger » March 14, 2013 1:59pm | Report
Husonaut90 wrote:

Plus, First Win of The Day in Jousts seem a little off to me. There are some gods who are borderline broken in Joust because they can 1v1 so well, and there are gods who are nearly useless because they mostly do Support/CC.

Yeah, I think everyone would agree that not all Gods are going to be balanced the same in Joust (Some will just be bad, but they aren't meant for one-on-one so that's fine). But that being said, there are a ton of great Joust gods.

I really like joust because once you get past the bad gods, and you're just playing with the pool of one-on-one gods it is highly skilled and challenging. I buy items on characters that I would never get in 5v5. It's also a great place to find counter items for Gods (example, Magi's vs Anubis, I get it every time).

I just feel that there should be a tiered level of play for this, as it is a ton of fun but many times I see who they picked and how they play for the first 5 minutes and realize that they are just bad at jousting, taking away most of the fun / challenge.

SmiteBadger

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 14, 2013 2:30pm | Report
there was a tourny last saturday I believe, and more to come so don't worry.

a couple of months ago ESL even helt one

so yes there is a pro joust scene out there
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }