Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Will ares ever be in the meta?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Will ares ever be in the meta? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aj17 » December 1, 2013 7:25am | Report
With the amount of auras in the game now its possible for ares to build full tank but kill squishies by himself, I know hes not the most reliable in the hard CC department but does his ability to destroy squishies and tank for the team not make him viable in high level play at all?

"Can ares be in the meta now please?"
gUise iM goen AD Ymir, Wee gOt diS.... hue hue hue hue hue

Aj17

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 1, 2013 2:45pm | Report
Ares isn't that far out of the meta. He's viable at the top levels, just really risky since you 'have' to hit chains. Pretty much every other good support is safer and easier to positively impact the game with.

Melting squishies isn't really a highly valued role in a tank though. It's better to taunt/pull a squishy into your carry/team than to try to melt them yourself. He lacks a reliable peel and mobility, and he won't be top tier without that stuff. He has his uses, but his kit just doesn't fit the current meta that well. I'm still hoping that he's destined for a total rework, personally.

He's still good in other game modes where he can have blink instead of Eye of Providence and HoG at least.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » December 4, 2013 11:43am | Report
ares isn't meta because he requires blink, but honestly if you give him a bit of cooldown he doesn't need FoG anyways. I've found building him as a "Tanky" magical bruiser is pretty good. Sovereignty and Pestilence make for 2 great Auras on him. I sometimes get Bracer of Replenishment for sustain and that extra 30 magical power.

Bracer is better than people think, at least on yourself, since it gives you 35 HP5 and 19 MP5 (needs to be patched to 20!), which is really good on a tank.

Creationism

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }