Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

why was i banned?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » why was i banned? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FMAwesomeL » November 17, 2013 11:34pm | Report
I played yesterday smite and i had to go so i left it for few hours and when i came back it said my account been banned and there isnt reason or anythin... i wanna know why was i banned cuz i never used cheats or anythin and i didnt even download cheats once! and im kinda active there ~lvl 30~ and! i even wasted real money on some gems.. can some1 help?

FMAwesomeL

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 17, 2013 11:41pm | Report
Did you leave in the middle of a game? You could have been reported for AFK.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 18, 2013 12:30am | Report
Since your ban has no duration or reason given, it's most likely an automated permanent IP ban.

I'll quote my answer from last post:

"You're most likely among the pool of people I am also in. Having any potential harmful programs installed and/or running while the HirezPatcher is running results in an instant permanent IP ban.

It's a bit of a hot topic at the moment, so hopefully we'll have our accounts retrieved or at the very least, our access to the game.

(This petition is also on the subject):
https://www.change.org/petitions/hi-rez-studios-stop-unrightful-auto-bans-in-smite-for-players-who-are-proven-to-not-have-committed-anythhing-wrong"

The most common program that people have is Cheat Engine, (software that is usually relatively safe for online games, but could potentially be used harmfully). I'm among the people that got banned for having it, I study Software Engineering and one of my last years' classes was about Security, having Cheat Engine was obligatory to follow class.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FMAwesomeL » November 18, 2013 1:21am | Report
I may leaved in the middle of the game once or twice and it was when my internet had some problems so i couldnt go in again but perm ban for this? -_- .. can some1 tell me if there is a way to be un banned some how? any support would help.

FMAwesomeL

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 18, 2013 1:49am | Report
FMAwesomeL wrote:

I may leaved in the middle of the game once or twice and it was when my internet had some problems so i couldnt go in again but perm ban for this? -_- .. can some1 tell me if there is a way to be un banned some how? any support would help.

Let's assume you have a temporarily ban since you have a really clear cause what could have caused the ban. Just give it 7 days max, enjoy the outside, after 7 days you are probably unbanned
But if you are still banned after 7 days:
I think you have a permanent ban. As far as I know it gives you an indication for how long your ban persist if it isn't permanent. I hope I'm wrong for both our sakes though.

There is not really a way to retrieve your account, I lost my level 30 account with 70 euro's spent (and I had that baby since september 2012). Hi-rez simply shuts you down with an automated message because they don't have the manpower in comparison to the playerbase.

Even if you are IP banned there are multiple ways to still play the game (although on a new account). But this means bypassing Hirez' indictment and I can't condone posting that on a forum like this.
That's just my 2 cents.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 18, 2013 2:13am | Report
Question. I do have cheat engine installed but... I wont get banned of having it but if I tried to use it while the game is on they WILL ban me for it?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 18, 2013 2:29am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Question. I do have cheat engine installed but... I wont get banned of having it but if I tried to use it while the game is on they WILL ban me for it?

If the Hirezpatcher.exe is running and you start Cheat Engine you, most likely, will get permanently banned. I'm not entirely sure if you have to to inject into anything first though.

I injected my own code into the Binding of Isaac to modify certain settings for challenge runs. At this time Hirezpatcher.exe was running and it got me banned permanently.

Even if Smite is not running, Hirezpatcher.exe will be running. Make sure you close down that down (by terminating it's process) before starting up Cheat Engine.

Be wary, you don't want to end up in my position.
That's just my 2 cents.

Thiel

Memorable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }