Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why was i banned?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why was i banned? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Griffinerr » November 17, 2013 4:16am | Report
Just came back to the game after about 2 years. Tried to log onto my account to see all the new changes but it is telling me my account has been banned. I have no idea why and i would just like to appeal it or just get told why. can anyone help me.

Griffinerr

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 17, 2013 4:40am | Report
A lot of people have been banned recently due to the Cheat Engine in their Computers. Even if you don't use Cheat Engine on SMITE, but you have one, you get banned.

Or maybe you said something you shouldn't on a match... it depends.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 17, 2013 9:16am | Report
You're most likely among the pool of people I am also in. Having any potential harmful programs installed and/or running while the HirezPatcher is running results in an instant permanent IP ban.

It's a bit of a hot topic at the moment, so hopefully we'll have our accounts retrieved or at the very least, our access to the game.

(This petition is also on the subject):
https://www.change.org/petitions/hi-rez-studios-stop-unrightful-auto-bans-in-smite-for-players-who-are-proven-to-not-have-committed-anythhing-wrong
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by noctuum » November 18, 2013 1:01pm | Report
I really don't think its the programming. You said you have been gone for 2 years?! I think Hi-rez may have just banned your account for inactivity. So many people make accounts and then abandon them and never play them again that it just wouldn't make sense not to have inactivity bans. Seeing as smite is still pretty new, being gone for 2 years seems like an appropriate inactivity ban to me.

I'm not saying this is for sure what happened, i have no clue, but after two years, this would be my guess. You'll probably just have to make a new account. sorry :/

But if you DO have cheat engines that's probably the answer
Exclamatory! I'm so Adjective I Verb Nouns Adverbly.

IGN: BonyCrow
Add Me.

noctuum

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }