Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why did Hi Rez remove the outside jungle?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why did Hi Rez remove the outside jungle? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tribalrage » February 6, 2013 7:11am | Report
I left smite for a bit so I was surprised to see that the outside jungle had been removed upon my return. Maybe people already discussed the reasons it was taken out last month, but I am curious as to why they did it. The jungle, and map in general, feels smaller now because of it.

Tribalrage

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 6, 2013 7:27am | Report
they liked it more this way i guess, less buffs... No real purpose i think. It's an improvement in my opinion
If I helped you or you liked me, you can always pree the +Rep button :D That helps me a lot!
IGN: Dragonblaze
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, also checking out my guide(s) would be awesome :D

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » February 6, 2013 7:54am | Report
They removed the side buff because 1)Hi Rez was feeling that way too many battles where taking part in there.
2)In an effort to diminish the snowballing effect that was going on e.g. If you score 1-2 early kills you could then push your lane past middle of your lane go take red+ one more buff get 2 levels over your lane score another kill or push back lane repeat the process and you would soon be out leveling your mid laner.
3)Hi Rez wanted to to make the map smaller to make more action packed.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tribalrage » February 6, 2013 11:34am | Report
okay that makes sense!

Tribalrage

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zingerbro » February 9, 2013 6:16pm | Report
Wait, does this reduce the effectiveness of jungling? With less buffs is a jungeler just going to get under leveled or did they move the buffs?
><> (don't trust the fish, I think he is a spy)

Zingerbro

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » February 10, 2013 6:05am | Report
Well, even back with old map you shouldnt have really been staying in jungle, since they are intended more for pushing your lane up, then quickly grabbing buffs for an advanatage. Junglers that stay in jungle will find themselves outlevelled by laners in no time.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }