Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why are all the tanks magical?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why are all the tanks magical? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Blissey1 » September 4, 2013 8:56am | Report
seriously, of the 9 gods that are listed as tanks we have 7 that are magic and only 2 that are physical. and both of those physical tanks ( Odin and Vamana) are just as likely to build offense as they are defense, so they're not even always tanks. Heck, I'm pretty sure some people would be hesitant to even call vamana a tank in the first place.

so why are just about all the standard tanks magic based? why can't we have a physical god who's just a tank, not a tank/bruiser?

Blissey1

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 4, 2013 9:16am | Report
Blissey1 wrote:

seriously, of the 9 gods that are listed as tanks we have 7 that are magic and only 2 that are physical. and both of those physical tanks ( Odin and Vamana) are just as likely to build offense as they are defense, so they're not even always tanks. Heck, I'm pretty sure some people would be hesitant to even call vamana a tank in the first place.

so why are just about all the standard tanks magic based? why can't we have a physical god who's just a tank, not a tank/bruiser?

because all pysical tanks become bruisers other whise they would be to strong.

i mean think of Ymir a real tank set on cc and controle while not dealing any damage.

if you would make a carbon copy of him but pysical he would have a cone stun for 2.5 seconds that does pysical damage, then proceeds hitting you for about a 100 every 1.1 seconds with JUST Warrior Tabi.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 4, 2013 11:37am | Report
At the same time, it really limits your ability to balance a team physical-magical wise. I don't like not being able to choose Athena or such because we already have 3 magic users. I don't know how to get around the 100% scaling vs 35%, but I don't like being forced into playing a magic tank. Tanks are the ideology of physical - taking a lot of hits, and whacking you point black range with a sword and shield. I want more physical tanks, not just bruisers.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 5, 2013 12:55am | Report
Well some tanks are made for CC. So ya it's better for them to be magical because with so much cc they'd kill you off AND get away with it too if they we're phy. But Hades... I don't think he should be a tank. I mean really. He has a debuff that when you have it his spells do tons more damage. If you were to make him all magic, plus maybe magus. If you not a tank I'd say just a 1 and a 3 and your dead. Not to mention if he went poly. So even surviving that assault would do you no good.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » September 5, 2013 1:33am | Report
I think it's because people using tanks would build defense and get then get items with high critical hit rates, thus giving them good damage output while also taking tons of hits.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }