Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

TP and Elo need to be fixed. This is fucking ridiculous.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » TP and Elo need to be fixed. This is fucking ridiculous. 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » October 27, 2014 1:05pm | Report
Basically what has been happening is I've been losing a good 80 percent of the league games I play recently. Just about every game, losing over and over and over again. Now the problem is that my elo has dropped so much that I'm losing almost double the TP for a loss than a win. Because of this, it's almost impossible for me to get out of my current league (Silver 2). However, almost every game that I lose is hardly my fault, most times I contribute and don't feed the enemy team (and when I do start to feed its often because enemies from other lanes were given a feast and then come to my lane and kill me with ease). More often than not I lose because there's a troll or someone who just really sucks at the game and drags the entire team down. I could probably give you dozens of examples of this. Hell, just last game there was a Chaac support who refused to buy Hand of the Gods, rushed Greater Meditation, left teammates to die intentionally, and went to split push instead of supporting (ironically he had the lowest structure damage).

It seems that no matter how hard I try or how good I get I'm going to lose most of the time because someone will always be there to hinder the team from winning. Since Elo and TP are based almost entirely on whether you win or not and not at all on how well you as an individual did that game, someone like me is doomed to be trapped in a single league forever. I'm getting extremely frustrating with this. I play this game a ton and actually want to advance in League and improve, but being held back by something I have almost no control over is unacceptable.

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » October 27, 2014 1:15pm | Report
Solution: make Hi-Rez use glicko instead of Elo. problem solved.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » October 27, 2014 2:31pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

Solution: make Hi-Rez use glicko instead of Elo. problem solved.

What is glicko

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » October 27, 2014 3:45pm | Report
Hahaha, I don't know how the TP works, I do know that its annoying as heck when you work yoru TP up to almost 100 then you start losing and watch it start going down to like 80 then 70 ect. Then you get mad because your thinking "WTF I just worked so hard to get up to 100TP!!!"

I've literally had that happen, where I was like YES YES YES!!! One more win and I get promoted!!

Nope, lose lose lose lose, then I had to work it back up again.

I think I'm in silver 3 ATM, I would probably be in Gold if I was still playing League.

But it is very annoying when your team makes you win half the time if not most.

I mean I'd say like 20% of the games its ever my fault.

80% of the time though I play my role and lane without feeding or messing up.

Also it seems I either get a WIN OR LOSE TEAM.

Meaning, rarely do I have a even game, it seems that either I get good players on my team who just wreck, or I get like 3 kids on my team who don't even know how to play....

I mean... if I posted up all the photos of the team mates I get in league I would probably just get my thread locked XD

Lets put it this way, if I was to show you the loses, 70% of the time you would notice them all negative or feeding.

Rarely do I feed bad but if I ever do its usually because the other team was fed prior to me feeding.

But that's league for ya.

You have to rely on luck of the draw to give you a good team.

That's why you could literally be at 100TP then lose 6 games in a row and have to work it right back up again.

I do make mistakes, but not big enough to cause my team to lose a league match. If I did ever cause my team to lose a league match it was either when I first started league or I had a bad game.

I don't blame my team mates.... but I will complain in my head saying "Why do I get these kids who don't know which side of jungle to start on"

I've literally had that happen too!!!

You know you love it when you get someone on your team who starts off on the wrong side of jungle.... Rofl.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }