Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The whole Odin+Zeus thing needs to stop

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The whole Odin+Zeus thing needs to stop 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » November 30, 2012 8:12am | Report
People still parrot this **** in a lot of games I go into as if they just invented it and its the most genius strategy ever conceived.

Yeah, sure, if you ignore the fact that the fence is way bigger than the storm and if you're not a complete ****** you can scoot off to the side and wait it out. Not to mention when you see Zeus and Odin together you can see this coming from a mile away.

Besides, to be perfectly frank, I think Odin's ulti is pretty useless given the number of gods with escapes. I think they should consider making it inescapeable. Think about it, who CANT get out of it?
1. Artemis
2. Arachne
3. Zeus
4. Ares (Unless Ulti is ready)
5. Anubis
6. Ra
7. Sobek (Unless Ulti is ready)
8. Hel
9. Ymir (Ulti can make the fence a death trap for Odin)
10. Thor (Unless Ulti is ready)
11. Freya (Unless Ulti is ready)
12. Ao Kuang
13. He Bo (Unless Ulti is ready)
14. Agni
15. Kali
16. Vamana
17. Cupid

So that's a total of 17 gods out of 26 who can't INSTANTLY get out of it, and only 12 can't get out of it at all, while Ymir's makes it far too dangerous. Odin's ulti is effective against less than half the number of gods in the game.

Considering that the fence is only up for a few seconds, is it really so unreasonable to make it inescapeable?

I think either that, or it should be up for way longer so at least when you get one of the few gods it actually works against, you'd have ample time to get the kill.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stureper » November 30, 2012 9:11am | Report
treefiddy350 wrote:

People still parrot this **** in a lot of games I go into as if they just invented it and its the most genius strategy ever conceived.

Yeah, sure, if you ignore the fact that the fence is way bigger than the storm and if you're not a complete ****** you can scoot off to the side and wait it out. Not to mention when you see Zeus and Odin together you can see this coming from a mile away.

Besides, to be perfectly frank, I think Odin's ulti is pretty useless given the number of gods with escapes. I think they should consider making it inescapeable. Think about it, who CANT get out of it?
1. Artemis
2. Arachne
3. Zeus
5. Anubis
6. Ra
8. Hel
12. Ao Kuang
14. Agni
15. Kali
16. Vamana
17. Cupid

So that's a total of 17 gods out of 26 who can't INSTANTLY get out of it, and only 12 can't get out of it at all, while Ymir's makes it far too dangerous. Odin's ulti is effective against less than half the number of gods in the game.

Considering that the fence is only up for a few seconds, is it really so unreasonable to make it inescapeable?

I think either that, or it should be up for way longer so at least when you get one of the few gods it actually works against, you'd have ample time to get the kill.

No need to change anything on his ulti, if somebody jumps out you either switch to another target or jump after him depending on situation. And if u play odin as glasscannon/bruiser build his ulti is a deathtrap for those in it.(maybe not at lvl 5, but when u have 2-3 items odin becomes realy powerfull)
If you build tank you cant expect that much damage from odin, same with any tanks exept ares who only needs to follow recommended item build to do damage and be tank.

Stureper

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 30, 2012 9:35am | Report
you know OP is right

zues needs to be with bacchus/ agni
or thor after the patch ;D

and odin is fine as he is XD
no need to change the ult

why would you do that? 0.o
you could just as well make ymirs wall inescapeable when placed in jungle
its just how the game works
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 30, 2012 9:40am | Report
An inescapable Odin ulti would be crazy OP. Almost all ultimates in this game are escapable or avoidable so I don't see why an already very effective and potentially game changing ulti (I say game changing because a good Odin late game with proper placement of his spears can wreck a team's chance of victory) should be made even more powerful.

Besides, his ulti also gives him a great buff and synergizes well with his attack speed steroid.

And if his ulti was inescapable, then the Odin/ Zeus combo would become that much more potent. Essentially, you would be either cornered by Zeus' ult so Odin could easily bash your brains out or you would be right in Zeus' ult avoiding Odin. Either way, death is likely.

Maybe the Odin/ Zeus combo will end to some extent with god bans. Ban one of those gods and bingo bango! It is countered.

But overall, this combo is extremely effective and equally annoying. It's always a pain when you are facing these two in a lane because the combo forces you to play very passively. I'm personally not against the synergy though, I think it is a neat and effective way to dominate a lane without being game breaking. All you have to do is gank Zeus when Odin does the spears.

Also, I'd like to note that Ares' ult cannot escape the ring unless they changed it to be able to with the Nov. 19 patch. I haven't tested it since then.

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 30, 2012 1:07pm | Report
treefiddy350 wrote:

1. Artemis
2. Arachne
3. Zeus
5. Anubis
6. Ra
8. Hel
12. Ao Kuang
14. Agni
15. Kali
16. Vamana
17. Cupid

Ares Can't use his ultimate to escape, i know because in Arena i would use Ring of Spears to counter his No Escape to keep my team safe.

Sobek's Ultimate no longer lets you go under obstacles

And if i'm not mistaken they fixed He Bo so he cant go through obstacles with his ultimate either.

Ymir is no death sentence to a Odin unless he's extremely out farming him.

And personally Odin is my go to champ; I hate laning with Zeus he takes all my kills and i have to take the majority of the beating because i'm Melee.
And using Ring of Spears effectively is knowing when the Gods with escape mechanisms have them on Cooldown i would never Lunge Ring of Spears could be a death sentence doing that.

Also you tear through people as Odin i've gotten a handful of Double-Quadra kills in my Ultimate alone (At rank 4-5)

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » November 30, 2012 4:50pm | Report
Quoted:

And personally Odin is my go to champ; I hate laning with Zeus he takes all my kills and i have to take the majority of the beating because i'm Melee.
And using Ring of Spears effectively is knowing when the Gods with escape mechanisms have them on Cooldown i would never Lunge Ring of Spears could be a death sentence doing that.

Also you tear through people as Odin i've gotten a handful of Double-Quadra kills in my Ultimate alone (At rank 4-5)

This.

I find it funny that you complain that Zeus takes your kills though, hah. It makes sense that it would bother you though, Odin needs those kills to be the crazy monster he is late game.

Just imagine if people could NOT escape your Ring of Spears.

I'd be scared for my children!

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » December 1, 2012 11:33pm | Report
I just think this is a silly topic.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lethalized » December 2, 2012 9:57am | Report
Zeus,Odin imo,do make a pretty good comp,and Odin's ultimate useless? Lol,no! If you want Odin to be one of the most op god there is,yeah, make it un-escapable.just my opinion though.
IGN:Lethalize

Lethalized

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 3, 2012 3:15am | Report
If you wanna talk about ultimates that need a buff you should start with Ymir or Ao Kuang

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 3, 2012 4:40am | Report
LevasK wrote:

If you wanna talk about ultimates that need a buff you should start with Ymir or Ao Kuang

Yup. Ao Kuangs ult sucks so hard.. I never hit someone with it, except when they chase me in the jungle, it's just useless.
Same with Ymir, you can't kill anyone with it.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }