Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The balanced, the unbalanced and the Smite Beta: A balance retrospective.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The balanced, the unbalanced and the Smite Beta: A balance retrospective. 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 20, 2014 9:58am | Report
In my opinion Smite, though not exactly perfectly balanced, has been taking a step in the right direction since Beta ended. To try and justify this I've taken a look back at some serious balance blunders of the past to see just what Smite's been through.

Release Guan Yu: Ok, what part of 600 magical damage + 2* your magic power sounds balanced on a NORMAL ABILITY? Beyond that his dash, warriors will, was on a 7 SECOND COOLDOWN which was a 5 SECOND COOLDOWN half the time because of enemies hit reducing cooldowns. His other abilities also had extra damage and he was able to dish out DISGUSTING numbers that basically broke the game.

Release Bacchus: This guy was the single best physical assassin in the game on release. Sure he scaled with MP, but his chug and passive were zooped up to the point where with tier 2 tabi (1335 gold) you could get a GUARANTEED kill at level 2 thanks to belly flop and your 100 damage basics. He feel off slightly late game as he became more of a physical bruiser but still dealt vicious damage and could shut people down more than ares/anubis lane against level 1 players.

Release Hercules: Not much damage but SO MUCH DISRUPTION. Herc never missed his pulls because they were instant and long ranged plus his 3 back then made him literally immortal.

Release Ne Zha: Watch "the ******ed damage of Ne Zha" then come back to me, ok?

Release Fenrir: THE SINGLE MOST DAMAGING GOD IN HISTORY. HE COULD 100-0 ANYONE AT ANY STAGE OF THE GAME IF THEY WEREN'T TANKY, IT WAS SILLY.

Release Chang'e: Talk about being immortal and sticking to people like glue and doing massive heals and actually dealing pretty impressive damage. Y'know, sounds grand.

Tyr prior to warrior nerfs: This man could bat you around like you were some kind of ragdoll. And the worst part? So many sucked with him he didn't get nerfed, so skilled tyrs kept on destroying everything from scrubs to ranked because they could.

Pre Launch Zhong Kui: What never dies, kills everything, has no weakness and didn't get nerfed because reasons? <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Release Sun Wukong: He never died, Tiger>Beads>Tiger was a thing and oh my god the passive kicked in at 50%. Liek, wat?

Release Chaac: Mother of god please not this guy. He was just as tanky as now except he had AIMBOT. He didn't have to hit with his Axe to hit with his Axe.

Release Geb: This guy could shield an AD carry for their entire health bar. Not even joking.

Release Nemesis: Didn't die, two 50% slows, decent damage, Aegis/Reflect, +50% move speed. Yeah, BALANCE.

Do you guys think beta or release balance is better? Kinda curious because I've had less balance issues since release, but that's just me.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }