Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Summoner Level

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Summoner Level 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 26, 2012 4:15pm | Report
Few Quick questions, would like to hear some input.

Besides Granting 500 Favor a Level does anyone think there will be more to it later on in the beta?

I've been level 20 for about 3 days Granted i don't play a large number of matches a day anyone know if ranked matches grant more experience?

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 26, 2012 6:21pm | Report
By "more to it" you mean something that is gained per level that is useful / usable in match play? If so, yes I think there pretty much has to be something. Otherwise it would be pointless to have levels go past 15. Will it be implemented during beta? I'd have to assume that it would; that is what beta is for. Do I have anything backing this up aside from my assumptions? Absolutely not.

I am not sure if ranked matches yield more favor either, I just keep hoarding it.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 26, 2012 6:27pm | Report
This is from HiRezErez replying to a question regarding runes on the official boards:

Quoted:

Some thoughts on 'runes' like system.

We have been contemplating an external system and there are several pro/cons.

Reasons to have it:
- Give leveling (outside the match) some persistence
- Allow for more individual customization options

Reasons not to have it:
- If you are not at level 30 you don't have every single option available to you

IF we do implement a system it will:
- Only provide additional options, not additional power (for example you would start with full runes slots but not all runes types are available, new rune types are unlocked as you level up outside the match)
- Smaller number of 'rune' slots (we are looking at 6 slots that you can easily change between matches and are automatically saved for your god)
- Have NO cost to purchase of any kind (no gold or favor cost), you get them as you level up
- Runes would be visible to all players in a match (so you can see how a player is setup)

I'd be baffled if they didn't do *something* more with player levels...

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Niex » November 26, 2012 7:58pm | Report
Sounds good, Was wondering more if Ranked Matches give more Experience not Favor lol

Niex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » November 27, 2012 7:19am | Report
Quoted:

I've been level 20 for about 3 days Granted i don't play a large number of matches a day anyone know if ranked matches grant more experience?

Thank you for aiding me in my quest for reading comprehension.

As for your question:

Quoted:

SMITE: Ranked Match Information and Rules
Published 08/14/2012 08:35 AM | Updated 10/08/2012 01:47 PM

Why play Solo Ranked Matches:

Ranked games offer players fair, competitive matches with other players of similar skill levels.

Notice:

Only join ranked matches if you have the time and a good internet connection for a full match
You must be level 15 in order to play a ranked match.

Important rules:

At present, ranked matches are only for solo players and do not allow pre-made teams.
    New Gods can't be played in ranked matches until a "cooldown" period has expired (giving a chance for the god to be better balanced and for the community to understand how to counter the god).
    Winning a ranked match will increase your skill rating score.
    Losing a ranked match will lower your skill rating.
    Any AFK/idling will result in a skill rating penalty.
    Bad performance relative to all other players including low in match level,low gold gained, low Kill/Assist relative to death will result in a skill rating penalty.
    Getting consistently reported by multiple players will result in a skill rating penalty.
    Intentional feeding, multiple afk, or breaking the rules will result in bans including permanent bans.

What's next:
    In the near future we will add bans and draft picks to ranked matches.
    Ranked matches will also require players to have a minimum of 12 Gods (due to bans and draft)

This was about 3 months ago but I believe they haven't reported changing any of this in any of the recent patches.

Xareth

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }