Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spectating Friends?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Spectating Friends? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by skidmark343 » April 13, 2013 6:11pm | Report
I was wondering, is there a way you can spectate a friend who is in a game? I know you can watch old recorded games in the camera mode, and on the last couple patches i noticed something about being able to spectate someone by typing /spectate [Player Name]. I have tried this in the system chat a few times but it never worked, so im wondering is this even something you can do and if so, how do you do it. Thanks!

skidmark343

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » April 13, 2013 6:22pm | Report
Spectator Mode is still a work-in-progress, as it doesn't seem to be available for casual matches yet. Not to mention I heard spectated games have a 5-minute delay between the actual gameplay and what the spectator is seeing.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » April 14, 2013 4:53am | Report
I have it, and it does work on casual matches....

I could be watching any of you play whenever I feel like it :p

and it's a 3 min delay with player loading time counted in, so if a player takes a long time to load in there is less delay ^^

but no you can not do it XD
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » April 16, 2013 10:12am | Report
There are concerns about a spectator feeding information to an in-game player. Because of this, not everyone has spectator mode at this time. If they can figure out how to keep cheaters from abusing spectator mode, then I think we'll see it.

Think of this, too. A single player "multi-boxing", one account playing and a second on a second monitor simply spectating. One could, theoretically, use this system to give you perfect map-wide information about all enemy gods and teammates in the game. This could be disastrous for the competitive scene, and hugely annoying even for casuals.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » April 16, 2013 10:45am | Report
All they need to do is add a delay like in League of Legends.

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » April 16, 2013 12:36pm | Report
ElGrizz wrote:

All they need to do is add a delay like in League of Legends.

already in. There is a 3 min delay on any spectated game.

mellojoe wrote:

There are concerns about a spectator feeding information to an in-game player. Because of this, not everyone has spectator mode at this time. If they can figure out how to keep cheaters from abusing spectator mode, then I think we'll see it.

Think of this, too. A single player "multi-boxing", one account playing and a second on a second monitor simply spectating. One could, theoretically, use this system to give you perfect map-wide information about all enemy gods and teammates in the game. This could be disastrous for the competitive scene, and hugely annoying even for casuals.

Not possible for 2 reasons, 1) a 3 min delay thats unavoidable and 2) Smite.exe can only run once on a PC, he would need 2 different PC's but there is still reason #1

Why not everyone has it: It's very buggy and causes a lot of random crashes to people who have it. (I'm one of the lucky once who's game doesn't crash that much) and 2 their servers can't hold that much information since spectating is very heavy on their processing.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }