Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

So this is how the matchmaking works..

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » So this is how the matchmaking works.. 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 2, 2013 9:07pm | Report
I queued Joust 3v3 solo. Get into lobby. The other two people go Artemis and Poseidon. Okay, seems decent, I got Ares. The other team consists of Zeus, Thor, and Neith. I was a little worried when I saw their team comp because it would pretty much render my ult useless if the Zeus and Thor were even half good. The game starts off with me getting first blood and basically rolling over the other team with ridiculous ease, so I said, oh, maybe I was wrong, these guys are pushovers.. and that's when the feeding starts.

The after action report should be somewhat self-explanatory.

I went 10/2 as Ares, while the other two people on my team were apparently in a party of 2 intent on simply trolling people in 3v3s. All they did the entire game was feed and do stupid stuff. Poseidon's only purpose was basically to powerlevel Zeus to the point that he was doing so much damage Artemis was getting killed in one hit.

Basically, my team did everything they could to turn around the match FOR THE OTHER TEAM because I was doing well, and I had no control over it because they were playing together for that purpose.

I wish Hi-Rez had some kind of official forums because I'm about fed up with the way matchmaking works in this game. People in parties SHOULD NOT get queued with or against people queuing solo. I understand they put the "leftover" solo queuers in with parties, so everyone possible gets a match, but it's outright impossible to get wins some days because of the quality of teams. Let us have a "solo only" queue so we don't have to put up with this ****.

/rant

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 2, 2013 9:29pm | Report
The player base isn't large enough for something like that, especially in less played game types like 3v3 joust. You get higher quality of games if you queue early in the timer, but it's not 100%. Again, stuff like MoTD and joust are more likely to be an unbalanced match.

Games with very bad teammates, or even intentional trolls happen. Nothing is going to change that. You'll get games like this with a solo only queue as well. All you can do is move on.

Also the Neith and Thor on the enemy team did worse than your teammates anyway. Seems to me like the difference in the game is that the good player on the other team picked a character better for carrying games than you. Pick a tank and you're more at the whims of your team's skill than if you pick anything else. If you want the highest chance to win (and you're consistently the good player on the team of trolls,) just lock a hyper carry every game.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 2, 2013 9:42pm | Report
The enemy Neith and Thor did do very badly, but look at their levels in comparison. They stayed relevant to the match, even though they were behind, plus their level 16 Zeus. We had no one so far ahead.

I'm finding that some days it's practically impossible to complete certain games modes. I've been trying to get my 1st win of the day on 3v3 jousts for upwards of two hours and every team I get is either bads or "experts" that surrender when we lose our middle tower since they think we have no possible way to pull out a win when we're not even really losing that badly.

I think I really need to find a clan but I don't want to go looking until level 30 because I can't compete in league matches yet, but at the same time don't want to solo queue everything because it's not even fun most of the time.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » December 3, 2013 10:50am | Report
Your teammates were both level 11, while the other teams bottom two were 10 and 11. Your bottom 2 were ahead in gold as well. I assume the other team had at least a little bit of phoenix/tower gold/exp over you as well. I see 0 evidence that the Neith/Thor had any effect on the game. How do you get 0 kills and 3 assists with Thor when there are 14 kills in a tiny hallway? Like seriously.

You didn't have someone far ahead because you were Ares building full tank against a Zeus. If you were He Bo, you could one shot the Zeus and carry your team to a win. Obviously this was just a 1v1 joust under disguise. He had the better 1v1 character.

You don't need a clan or anything, you can just play with some other people on your friends list and avoid the major horrors of solo queue. For solo queue, honestly I just got to a point where I had to decide going into a pregame lobby whether or not I was playing for fun or playing to win. Unless you're playing a character who can hyper carry or make big plays, don't expect to win more than 55% of the time.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 3, 2013 4:36pm | Report
The Thor was a bit confusing because he was genuinely trying to get kills and not doing bad in his effort, but he would always either drop on me or Artemis, and Artemis only had to ult to escape and I could kill him by myself most of the time. He wasn't in party with the Zeus/Neith either, and a lot of the time he was in lane alone against all 3 of us.

You're probably right, I usually win 3v3 when I play Mercury or Xbalanque or basically any decent ADC/assassin. Even if we're losing, I can still backdoor in jungle and 1v1 the minotaur to death. Can't do that with Ares.

Now that I think about it, I can't figure out how the Zeus actually got so far ahead of me since we have almost the same k/d. Except that he got most of his kills later in the game, so I guess that amounted to a lot more experience.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }