Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite not updating

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite not updating 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by g291044 » August 11, 2013 4:26am | Report
Hello, I am trying to update smite but I always get stuck.

I run diagnostic and I get this message:

Hi Rez servers could be down or you may have an ISP problem. If this problem presists you may have a connecitvity or firewall problem.

I already downloaded and installed few patches, but this one gets stuck at 8%. I turned off firewall.

g291044

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 11, 2013 5:41am | Report
had this issue before... it was caused by having a really old version of the hirez launcher. I was around since early beta and for whatever reason the launcher/updater wasn't updating while the game had been. At a certain point things just stopped working.

In any case, as much as it blows... try a full uninstall and reinstall. That fixed me the last time a diagnostic update failed.

Also... just because it fails to do something once... try again. The launcher is especially garbage-ware. I can't tell you how many problems I've had with that thing. Very frustrating bit of kit. You sometimes need to tell it to do things 10 times the exact same way and SUDDENLY it will work for no apparent reason. That's sometimes faster then doing anything else. So try that first.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by g291044 » August 11, 2013 11:08am | Report
Ok I solved the problem :)

I had to set the date, mine was set on 2001 so I had issues with those security things. Just set the date to current and it worked.

g291044

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }