Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite god idea - Midas, the Man of Gold

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite god idea - Midas, the Man of Gold 9 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Who do you think is the worst Smite god?
Vulcan
Bastet
Sun Wukong
Kali
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by riomhaire » February 12, 2013 1:09pm | Report
Hi all, I had a great idea (imho) for a Smite god. I will try to keep this updated with my newest ideas, and I would love your opinion. Oh, and this guy needs lore.

Midas

The Man of Gold

PASSIVE: Golden Touch
All of Midas' basic attacks apply Golden, slowing attack speed and
movement speed by 7% for 2 seconds (increasing with Focus up to 4 seconds), making their
kills 15 gold more valuable to Midas. The added gold on kill stacks up to 3 times; each
consecutive stack resets the slow timer.

Ability 1 (INCOMPLETE): Golden Pathway
Midas rushes forward, leaving a 10ft-wide path made of gold that applies Golden to enemies who
cross it. (If you have ideas to finish this, don't hesitate to post them.)

Ability 2: Cleansing Waters
Midas summons a 50ft-diameter pool of water around him, lasting for (3/5/7/9/10) seconds,
slowing enemies in the radius. All enemies in the waters are debuffed of any positive effects,
and all allies in the waters are purified of any negative effects. During the duration, Midas
is immune to crowd control and cannot apply Golden. COST: 30/45/60/75/85 mana.

Ability 3: Mercernaries
Midas summons 5 mercernaries who attack only enemy gods, doing (20/25/30/35/45) damage per
hit. In addition, Midas showers all nearby enemy minions with gold, either converting them
(15/20/25/35/40% probability) to his side temporarily (2/4/5/7/8 seconds) or applying Golden.

Ability 4 (ultimate): Avarice
Midas begins throwing large coins in all directions, doing 150/250/370/400/515
damage per second to targets in a 40-foot radius for 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds. Targets damaged
by this ultimate have Golden applied to them. Midas is immune to crowd
control for the duration of the ultimate. Each target Midas hits gives him Avarice,
a stacking effect (up to 4 stacks) that increases Midas' movement and attack speed by 2% as he
is overcome by greed.
COST: 90/110/150/210/240 mana.

CHANGELOG:
-2-12-2013: Midas originally suggested; abilities 2 and 4 completed, ability 1 started
-2-13-2013: Added Avarice self-stacks to Midas' ultimate
-2-19-2013: Added Mercernaries ability.
Because you needed some.

riomhaire

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 12, 2013 3:06pm | Report
great idea but all the gods from smite exist. They are not made up so if you want lore, i don't even know if this god exists. But if you want lore you need to find it somewhere and not make it up. The skill ideas are cool though :)
If I helped you or you liked me, you can always pree the +Rep button :D That helps me a lot!
IGN: Dragonblaze
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, also checking out my guide(s) would be awesome :D

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by icy133 » February 12, 2013 3:47pm | Report
Posidan idieas:

Type: Mage (obviously), not ranged (due to trident)

Look: a man with with a whit beard and white hair (not as old as He Bo) with a spear with 3 points, or a trident. His upper half is muscular bear belly, his lower is of a fish, or a merman. He stands tall and is very prideful.

Passive: Aquatic horse: 5% (or whatever) of posidians movement speed is given to magical attack (faster =more damage)

Skill 1: Tridents blow: Poseidon swings his trident in front of him, sending a spray or water in a cone in from it dealing damage and pushing the enemy back. If an enemy god is in range of the trident itself it sends the god flying to the side of him doing reduced damage. (The purpose of this ability is to give 2 selections for the player to choose from. The damage and the minor push, or the intense push and less damage)

Skill 2: Whirlpool: Poseidon summons a whirlpool in a target location sucking enemies towards the middle. Once in the center enemies get health and speed sucked from them giving Poseidon and nearby allies a speed buff. (the reason for nearby allies is so he has a small support role.

Skill 3: Tidal waves: Poseidon's basic attacks turn into ranged waves going through enemies (instead of obliverating once an enemy is hit) . If Poseidon hits an enemy god he gains speed up to a max of three times (more damage because of passive), if he misses an enemy unit (including regular minions) he is slowed up to 3 times. Right click to deactivate. Costs mana for every wave or has certain amount of time before its deactivated and costs mana only once at the start of the ability

Skill 4 (Ultimate): Ocean fury: a large ground target area becomes raging waves, stealing the speed of enemies (20% or something big), and dealing damage, the speed is given to Poseidon causing him to move much more faster and cause more damage with his ultimate due to his passive. The more enemy gods in the ultimate the more speed stolen. (I wanted his ult to be like his brothers, in an area of effect but doing different things. Instead of pulling or doing blast damage, it slows and and does damage over time. It can also be affiliated with the brothers ults for immense damage!!!

Please consider these ideas and it would be great to be implemented in the game. And if your having trouble separating He Bos and Poseidon abilities, make Poseidon water a bit green, giving it a hue of oceanic color.
Ice, my favorite element, and looks pretty cool

icy133

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 12, 2013 11:46pm | Report
Dragonblaze wrote:

great idea but all the gods from smite exist. They are not made up so if you want lore, i don't even know if this god exists. But if you want lore you need to find it somewhere and not make it up. The skill ideas are cool though :)

Haven't you heard the story of Midas?
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 13, 2013 12:05am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Haven't you heard the story of Midas?

No i haven't :)
If I helped you or you liked me, you can always pree the +Rep button :D That helps me a lot!
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, also checking out my guide(s) would be awesome :D

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fat2Mad » February 13, 2013 2:52am | Report
Unfortunately, Midas isn't really a god.

But I kind of like the idea of a character with a gold-related buff, if it isn't snowballing too much.

Fat2Mad

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 13, 2013 3:37am | Report
It is a great idea for a skill set though :)

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by riomhaire » February 13, 2013 10:19am | Report
Fat2Mad wrote:
Unfortunately, Midas isn't really a god.

Is Hercules?
============================

@Dragonblaze:

Midas was the king of Corinth, when Bacchus came and had, in his words, "the best dinner I have ever been served." In gratitude, he promised the greedy king one wish to be granted. The king wished to turn anything he touched into gold, and without arguing, though he knew the folly of this, Bacchus granted it. He could not eat or drink--the food and wine turned to gold in his mouth--and so he begged to have the blessing removed. Bacchus agreed, satisfied that Midas had learned his lesson, and enchanted Midas' pool to remove the curse of the golden touch from him and his daughter, who Midas had accidentally turned to gold.

I intend on extending this by saying, "Now, Midas fights alongside the gods, who taught him an important lesson, and uses his golden touch to bring ruin to his enemies."

What do you think?
Because you needed some.

riomhaire

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 13, 2013 10:22am | Report
That's pretty damn badass xD

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }