Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Replacing Buffs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Replacing Buffs 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 24, 2014 9:02am | Report
AS you all know, since the respawn time on the Mid Furies has been increased from 2 minutes to 3 minutes, and just in general because this has happened before, we need an option to drop the buff you have on you for the buff that you just got on the ground.

To put simply, no one wants to wait 14 seconds for their speed buff to wear off so that you could take a red buff.

My suggestion? Simple. If you are standing on a buff while having a different buff on yourself, you could press a certain key, for example, derp jump, and then you will pick up the buff on the ground and lose the buff that is on you. In addition, the duration left on the buff you were wearing should be reduced from the duration of the buff you are picking up.

Thoughts?

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 24, 2014 9:09am | Report
A use for the jump! I like it

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 24, 2014 9:20am | Report
Came on top of my head just as I wrote this :D

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » May 24, 2014 11:32am | Report
Jump on buff to switch it, like it.

But sometimes people pick up buffs accidentally, So maybe jumping twice while standing still drops your buff , then the buffs keep its duration it had before dropping or something like that.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ishvara » May 26, 2014 5:51am | Report
Sounds good

Ishvara

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriwych » May 26, 2014 7:40am | Report
Or just time it right (I mean, we've now got a timer provided for us...) and get your red buff when your speed is about to wear off. There really isn't a reason you should have to "wait" for your current buff to wear off to get your new one.

I just see this as the lazy getting lazier.

Kriwych

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » May 26, 2014 8:37am | Report
Or just have all buffs at once like back in the days. RIP Health Buff <3 2011-2012 never forget
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }