Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Recent rumors with favor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Recent rumors with favor 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lonsen » January 20, 2013 3:55am | Report
Anyone heard any as of late? I have found myself for some reason stockpiling favor and aside from unlocking gods at one point I thought they were discussing implementing some form of item based favor system (pre stats and lane changes).

Stay safe,
-Lonsen

Lonsen

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 2, 2013 6:04am | Report
I would love that, i am stacking a lot of favor too. I have about 20.000 now.
If I helped you or you liked me, you can always pree the +Rep button :D That helps me a lot!
IGN: Dragonblaze
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, also checking out my guide(s) would be awesome :D

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rustyhole » February 2, 2013 8:36pm | Report
At one point in the beta we had Tributes or something like that, worked like Runes in LoL, but that was a long time ago. And theyre gone.

Rustyhole

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 5, 2013 9:10am | Report
Rustyhole wrote:

At one point in the beta we had Tributes or something like that, worked like Runes in LoL, but that was a long time ago. And theyre gone.

Did they give the reason why they deleted that feature?
If I helped you or you liked me, you can always pree the +Rep button :D That helps me a lot!
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, also checking out my guide(s) would be awesome :D

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » February 5, 2013 9:17am | Report
Well Totalbiscuit showed this during his WTF vid
and it was just a greyed-out button
like the TV button now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4hL9ct2QEk

they were removed because ii would add a new layer of tactics which does not belong in a fast pased game like smite
not saying it is a bad idea but it would make games much more complex :p
not what hirez wants
look at stats or the way items work
stats were removed for the same reason and items is tier based and not combinations of 2 items to make a stronger item
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dragonblaze » February 5, 2013 10:06am | Report

Well Totalbiscuit showed this during his WTF vid
and it was just a greyed-out button
like the TV button now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4hL9ct2QEk

they were removed because ii would add a new layer of tactics which does not belong in a fast pased game like smite
not saying it is a bad idea but it would make games much more complex :p
not what hirez wants
look at stats or the way items work
stats were removed for the same reason and items is tier based and not combinations of 2 items to make a stronger item

Thanks for the answer bro :)

Dragonblaze

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Allerum » February 6, 2013 6:14pm | Report
I don't get why they would not want a complex game. Complexity moves the age group up from 12 into tactics and planning. Much more satisfying for competition. If they want a competitive game they need a skill tree or something to allow the Gods to be Off tanks or change their roles slighty from always building the same thing.

Allerum

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }