Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ranked Dual Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ranked Dual Help 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » June 10, 2016 11:38am | Report
SO Ive finally started doing ranked mode.
Problem is Ive never really done the Duel mode, so I dont know whose good and who to ban.
I used Sun Wukong vs He Bo did good.
However I kinda lost after that one.
Then I won with Hou Yi vs Anhur

Anyways back to the point. Who do I ban? I usually ban:
Kali Bacchus Chronos
I only ban Bach because I read someone on here that hes too strong in Joust.

I tried Scylla once and got ran down to the point I was under leveled.

Title should say Duel

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daelinn » June 10, 2016 12:13pm | Report
Regarding bans I'd suggest to consider some of the following:
Chronos, Hou Yi, Kali, Bakasura, Freya (although she's played less in this season) and maybe Anhur, Apollo He Bo, Skadi or Loki depending which character you don't feel like fighting against with god you're planning to play.

Usually you won't be concerned about guardians in general as they lack pushing capabilities, and thus they'll fall off in the late game even if they happen to get ahead early on- if someone said Bacchus is too strong in Joust he probably meant the 3v3 mode.

The general problem with Duel is the amount of hunters/ADC-like gods with high clear/push (aspecially with that Throwing Dagger) and the fact that they can camp phoenix/titan stalling the match to the late game even if you menage to get ahead in the early game. Therefore a common tactic for some gods with lesser clear capabilities is to purchase a Potion of Magical Might or Potion of Physical Might alongside with a starter item, but it requires extra care when it comes not to dying.

If you'd have questions about the very gameplay style/strategy I could only recommend watching some gameplay videos (preferably on a decent level), as to better understand the "rules" of this mode, ones that I find worth considering would be:

-NShadow (professional-like, informative commentary, can't really say a word against him)
-SamDaDude (more entertainment than information, but a very skilled player nevertheless)
-Sexy Rexsi (semi-professional, informative and entertaining commentary on a high level)

All in all, you can play whatever you like, although playing hunters/auto attack-based assassins and warriors is the easy way.

Daelinn

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (25)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }